News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Overworld map for the DC revival project

Started by Luna_blade, 29, May, 2014, 02:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna_blade

Quote from: Saturos on 20, June, 2014, 02:22:49 AM
Thanks that's the thing.
So here is how I save those pictures.
Or I must tell more?
Lol, I never noticed that 24 bit compression keeps almost every colour...

@Rolina: Well I try to make images shitty sometimes. That's when I don't use PNG. But for screenies I do.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

I only say this because BMPs are freaking huge.  Might be better for those with shared internet, as well as the site's own bandwidth usage.

Lord Wolfram

Quote from: Rolina on 20, June, 2014, 07:59:48 PM
I only say this because BMPs are freaking huge.  Might be better for those with shared internet, as well as the site's own bandwidth usage.
So what you suggest?
I and Luna can trade with PDN but that prevents some guest interest.

Luna_blade

Quote from: Saturos on 21, June, 2014, 01:53:25 AM
Quote from: Rolina on 20, June, 2014, 07:59:48 PM
So what you suggest?
I and Luna can trade with PDN but that prevents some guest interest.
Well we could occasionally load up a PNG version of the map. Like I did a while ago.
Anyhow, this map is close to finished. I won't have much free time the next two weeks, so I can't make a detailed map yet.
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"

Rolina

PNG is pretty good.  If it starts getting too big, you may wanna use jpg instead, or ZIP it up... or heck, host it externally. MEGA's great for that.

Anywho, I love the design - going after a Golden Age styled map is great, especially since it's not quite golden age, just similar.  The extra landmasses and slightly different shape work in its favor, I think.

Luna_blade

Quote from: Rolina on 21, June, 2014, 04:46:42 AM
PNG is pretty good.  If it starts getting too big, you may wanna use jpg instead, or ZIP it up... or heck, host it externally. MEGA's great for that.

Anywho, I love the design - going after a Golden Age styled map is great, especially since it's not quite golden age, just similar.  The extra landmasses and slightly different shape work in its favor, I think.
Thanks! :happy:
Of rilets flowing down
Whispering all the time
Oreads fear the tread"