News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Well I haven't been here for a while but...

Started by Menaus, 15, September, 2014, 06:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menaus

Well, hello all. I'm back from the depths of not being here. I'm sure not too many cared whether I've been around or not... My respect IS -5...

Whatever, I'm just gonna be here to hang out and what not for the time being.

Dunno, perhaps I can talk about things that have happened when I was over here before? Or, perhaps, apologize if I was being a retard...?

Edit: Wow, the bots have really taken over. I suppose I need to prepare to worship our new robotic overlords.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Luna_blade

Welcome back :!:

I haven't seen you before, but I'm sure we can do something about the respect thing.
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Misery

Welcome back. Don't worry too much about the respect thing, if you think about it you'll realize it's almost never accurate.

The bots are certainly troublesome. But I wouldn't worry about those either.

Knight of Purgatory

Hi. Welcome again. I am a robot and i am prepared to make your life here at GSHC comfortable beep boop
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Luna_blade

Quote from: Knight of Purgatory on 16, September, 2014, 04:45:26 AM
Hi. Welcome again. I am a robot and i am prepared to make your life here at GSHC comfortable beep boop
Wow the first nice bot I've seen here!
"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Agreed!  Reminds me of that Progressive commercial with the Flo bot.

QuoteWelcome back. Don't worry too much about the respect thing, if you think about it you'll realize it's almost never accurate.
Yup! I would also be interested in seeing it displayed in many ways just for experimentations... One example could be a number to indicate the average of posts liked. (If you posted 10 times, and only got one like, your number would show up as 0.1, for instance.)
(And no, I'm not thinking of it as a fix, but as another "joke/fun" statistic.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Can't say I remember you very well, but I'm sure we could get reacquainted at some point... Not much has changed aside from Kain being promoted and us being tag teamed by numerous bots. ;)
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Menaus

Well, hello welcoming party. You know I've always had a strange respect for a lot of the people here. A few of the names I remember are Atrius, Charon, Role, Yoshi (I feel like this may actually be different) and Jamietheflameuser... And there are probably more that are floating around. Despite that I haven't shared some of the same opinions as others, and such, I still respect you guys. Of those I mentioned, who is still around? I understand Atrius left, but what about the others?

Taking a quick look at some names and sigs... I can guess that Lord Squirtle is Yoshi, and Rolina is Role. So I guess I answered part of that myself already.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that Knight of Purgatory is Jamie, because of the over 9000 quote, but I could have that confused with something else.

QuoteHi. Welcome again. I am a robot and i am prepared to make your life here at GSHC comfortable beep boop

Hello robot. While you're in the kitchen, I expect a sandwich. Oh, and at the very least get the Missus out of there, we have robots now for a reason!
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Knight of Purgatory

@Menaus: No, I'm not Jamie. Jamie's been around here for more than me, but whatever. Also, if KnightOfPurgatory is too inconvenient call me KOP
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

@Menaus: Sometimes your name reminds me of Matrim/jdmj90... I wonder if anyone else has made this connection?

I think JamietheFlameUser has always been Jamie...

And there was never anyone named "Yoshi" as far as I know, I think you were thinking of Salanewt, though. And if you remember him, then hopefully you remember me. The other guy that has done much work with Golden Sun hacking. (I forget if you were known by another name before?)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Menaus

QuoteAnd there was never anyone named "Yoshi" as far as I know, I think you were thinking of Salanewt

YEAH! That was his name! For some reason Yoshi kept on popping up in my head when I thought of him. I also remember you, although I don't think there was much interaction between us. I've always been Menaus, since I first made my account here.