Golden Sun Hacking Community
May 20, 2018, 09:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Sun Legends Project [music & illustrations]  (Read 20474 times)

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »

Hi everyone ^-^! Something new for you!

[GSL 2.11] Village of Velvet Snow

The village of Imil greeted us warmly after our long trek across the treacherous mountains of northern Angara. The people here are worse for the wear, as a terrible sickness seems to be spreading through the population. Without their fabled Water of Hermes to keep them healthy, pressure has been placed on the village's last remaining cleric, a vestige of the old order of Mercury adepts by the name of Mia. We've seen Mia's healing first hand; it's an ancient form of psynergy--but she doesn't know this, nor her identity as an adept.

A bright flash from a monolithic structure nearby (referred to as a "lighthouse" by the locals) seemed to disturb her, and she took flight in its direction repeatedly murmuring the name "Alex"... We've given chase, not only for fear of the girl's safety, but also because that flash of light can only mean our enemies have reached their target before we could catch them...

Illustration for “Village of Velvet Snow” is here:

Click for more info about Golden Sun Legends!
View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »

I don't comment here as often as I should, but as usual I'm impressed by the quality of your remixes.  I'm going to buy the album so I can add it to my collection of video game music.

@Neshi, Excellent work on the Nightfall vocals indeed, it sounds professionally done.

I don't know much about music, but I did spend several years at an arts school so excuse me while I pretend to know what I'm talking about.

I think the artwork compliments to music really well for the most part with a small exception.  I really like that scene of Isaac, Garet and Ivan looking at the destruction of the forest for "Hymn for the Broken Forest", but the artwork for "Troubles of the Townsfolk" seems to do little to compliment the sad tone of the music.  In fact, the smile on the lumberjack's face makes it look the destruction is a good thing.  I'm a little torn on the "Curse of Kolima" artwork, it's spot on for the music starting around 1:30~1:40 but it feels downright morbid compared to the tone of anything in the games.  I don't know whether to praise you for making me feel certain feelings, or if I prefer the bitter "after the disaster" sadness in game to the shock of witnessing it first-hand.  I guess it depends more on what you're trying to achieve.  Either way, I like what I'm seeing so far.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 05:18:43 PM »

Oh, thanks for your comment Atrius and for your honest opinion! We are so glad you like our work!

[GSL 2.12] They Call It The Lighthouse

Navigating through the innards of the massive structure, it became obvious that its builders sought it to allow only the most headstrong and determined of adventurers to reach its peak. Mia's psynergy allowed us to pass through several of the puzzles and traps that had been set for us, and we lent her our skill in battle against the guardians and monsters that roamed its sparkling halls.

Illustration for “They Call It The Lighthouse” is here:

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »

Hi guys! New track and art! ^-^

[GSL 2.13] Wings of Fluid Grace

Mia's psynergy was the key to unlocking a gravity-defying ride to the lighthouse aerie, where we discovered that the beacon had been lit. To Mia, whose clan had always been charged with ensuring that it never happens, it is a catastrophe. Saturos, Menardi and our friends were still here, but as we made to reach them, Saturos stood in our way and bought time for the others to escape.

Something about his composure seemed off, as though he didn't really want to fight for some reason. Nevertheless, we could feel power emanating from the formidable adept. We regrouped and prepared to face our toughest foe yet.

"Come on, fools!"

"Wings of Fluid Grace" illustration is here:

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »

Hiya everyone! It's been a while but we're back with new track!

[GSL 2.14] Northern Wilds (Saturos' Fight)

Music on youtube:

With fearsome resilience and the devastating power of fire, Saturos would be the most challenging foe we had yet faced. But as we fought, a change seemed to come over him; the color drained from his face and his movements became less agile and practiced. We found the battle turning in our favor! Saturos shot a glance of hatred towards the giant, watery hues of the lit Mercury beacon. Could this be the reason his ominous power was fading?

Illustration on tumblr:

[What’s this!? The light of Mercury…It’s weakening my Psynergy! I must finish this quickly…]
Come on, fools!!

Golden Sun fans remember these words, right? Saturos was so confident but we showed him that it’s not good to underestimate young and brave Adepts! 
(well..or maybe that it’s good to “save” before the battle XD)

View Profile WWW
Atrius
Programmer Extraordinaire
Web Host

Fear my blades

Veteran Member

Coins: 1

Emblems: Website Founder
Clan Position: Creation God of Sol

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 03:02:18 AM »

[What’s this!? The light of Mercury…It’s weakening my Psynergy! I must finish this quickly…]
Come on, fools!!
Indeed, a memorable scene.

The positioning of the characters makes it somewhat difficult to differentiate friend from foe, but the energy of the battle is clearly showcased.  I can see care and effort in the line art and shading that shows quite a bit of improvement since the beginning of this project.  Have I mentioned how I really like the parchment style of the drawings yet?

I hope I'll be able to add the second album to my music collection soon, these remixes are fantastic as always.

I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything
View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »

Thank you for commenting!  Here we have new tracks for ya!

[GSL 2.15] Target Down! (Saturos)

Music on youtube:

It took more than a month, but the victory screen finally loaded! Sweet!

Illustration on tumblr:

Just chibies of Isaac, Garet, Ivan and Mia! >:3

[GSL 2.15] [GSL 2.16] Pure Ply (Mia's Theme)

Music on youtube:

Mia's not much of a fighter, but what she lacks in strength and speed, she makes up for with awesome psynergy. She hails from the northern Mercury Clan, once known throughout the world to be experts on the practice of Ply, or as Kraden would call it, Mercury psynergy. She did seem to draw enormous power from the Mercury beacon during our fight with Saturos, allowing her to cast magic that kept us alive even after blows that should have crippled us. The presence of Alex, a suave, teal-haired companion of Saturos', seemed to distress her greatly, and she joined our group to pursue him towards Venus lighthouse, an entire continent to the South.

Illustration on tumblr:

Mia is a Water Adept who helps people with diseases and health issues in the area. She is polite and serious, always able to support and reconcile her friends.

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2015, 12:47:24 PM »

Guys, we've almost finished the 2nd chapter and I won't be posting for a longer time but please stay tuned! Check out our Youtube account and tumblr every month for new songs and illustrations!

[GSL 2.17] Spirit of the Forest

Music on youtube:

The mood was somber as we treaded through the dark, dying forest with the water of Hermes, said to be able to heal any living thing, in hand. If our efforts were for nothing, this forest and all of Kolima would perish from Tret's curse.

We held our breath as the water seeped into the magnificent tree's roots. At first it seemed as though nothing had happened, but then...

"HROOM!" The spirit within Tret came alive! We told him the consequences that his actions had wrought, but it turns out he was not in his own mind when he cast his curse on the land. The eruption of Mt. Aleph had sown devastation everywhere, including in his heart, which had already been angered and saddened by the deforestation caused by the people of Kolima. His strength returning, he unleashed a bellow that echoed across the land! The trees around us blossomed with new life, and the woodland creatures seemed to cheer! With that, the curse of Kolima had been lifted. We had earned a little bit of rest and celebration in Kolima! I only worry that the effects of our sacred mountain's eruption may have had more far-reaching effects than any of us could have imagined...

Illustration on tumblr:

View Profile WWW

Novice Member

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »

Just letting you know that Golden Sun Legends project was moved!

* You can find re-uploaded tracks of Chapter 1 &2 on this new youtube account

* And on new Bandcamp

And also updated the list on tumblr

~_^

View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
May 09, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
KyleRunner: The "Start In" field is not editable... I'll try making new shortcuts
May 08, 2018, 09:51:08 PM
Fox: If all else fails, you canmake new Shortcuts to do the same thing.
May 08, 2018, 09:49:53 PM
Fox: Export Properties > Shortcut (Tab) > Target / Start In ; Target (for Export) should be: (filename) 0 , and for Import: (filename) 1
May 08, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
KyleRunner: I can't change the path in properties menu...
May 08, 2018, 01:27:19 AM
Fox: You may need to edit something in properties, though... so it uses the exe file in the same directory.
May 08, 2018, 01:24:59 AM
Fox: It is suppose to be a shortcut, yes.
May 03, 2018, 11:48:05 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, the "export" function in your text editor is just a shortcut... Could you please fix it?
May 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM
KyleRunner: I come here everyday. I'm working on a Portuguese translation, and the people here help me a lot.
May 02, 2018, 08:56:07 AM
Drake baku: My feel as well, I posted a little as well since my return, but silence was all that followed... At least the forum is a great source for data when hacking GS/ GS2, currently looking for something I have read a long time ago cause my PP recovery psy is not working
May 01, 2018, 09:58:04 AM
Fox: I am thinking a lot of this might be because of Discord?
May 01, 2018, 09:56:08 AM
Fox: Yeah, this forum is more dead than ever before.  February and April have 0 new topics. (All other months prior have more.) And March has lowest number of new posts. (It'd be dumb to count the very first month this site was created.)
April 25, 2018, 09:02:13 PM
Fox: Yes. The best tool is a hex editor. Well.... VBA, VBA-SDL-H, no$gba Debugger, GBATEK, and my documentation.... to use these to learn how the code/data works. Best method because it maximizes your editing ability... and then there is my program gsmagic that I was working on. Still in its early stages, though. (Even after year(s).)
April 25, 2018, 04:21:58 PM
Xendrox D: *exept tla editor.
April 25, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
Xendrox D: is there any other tool for hacking gs?
April 23, 2018, 09:26:27 PM
Atrius: Rarely, but not never.
April 23, 2018, 08:01:48 AM
Drake baku: Can it be, the god who created the editor, atrius. I heard you never came back online here anymore
April 20, 2018, 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
April 19, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise