News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caledor

It's supernova from the old Stellar axe. I used plasma before switching to supernova though, but thunder breath sound like a nice idea ad well

EDIT. Just tried. Sadly thunder breath doesn't work well

VardenSalad

Try the Stun Jip animation from Valukar. Maybe it's not what you're looking for. Could always use Bolt, I guess.
Never forget why you started playing.

Aile~♥

I think Thunder Breath would work if it didn't attach the Attack animation to it. If you used an empty slot for the unleash to get a casting animation instead of a regular attack, it looks pretty good I think. With Felix using the animation at least, it looks like the lightning emanates from his hand. (I know this because I used it in one of my old hacks.)
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Caledor

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 05, May, 2015, 02:34:23 PM
I think Thunder Breath would work if it didn't attach the Attack animation to it. If you used an empty slot for the unleash to get a casting animation instead of a regular attack, it looks pretty good I think. With Felix using the animation at least, it looks like the lightning emanates from his hand. (I know this because I used it in one of my old hacks.)

O.o you're right! I Never knew the animation was linked to the ID of the attack. Thanks twice then, Jamie! Consider it in for next version.

Salanewt

For the most part, but it's actually super easy to change. This topic may be a brief, but helpful read on why certain abilities are different from others (i.e. Gaia fading the screen, or even Megaera boosting the party's attack using Impact; every ability has a single byte that changes this). I think there may also be some info on changing the Trainer's Whip monster spells, but I get the feeling you aren't terribly interested in that.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Exore The Mighty

Okay, I actually have almost beaten the game, but I put it aside for a few weeks with finals, and because honestly the effort of getting all the crafted items bored me with golden sun.  I have all of the endgame items for all characters, so, Varden, if you want me to make a list of them, I can.  I just didn't want to post this a few weeks ago and spoil the fun.  =P
Oh, and as for staying in base classes vs. switching classes, I've always liked using the base classes, just because to me summons are such an integral part of the game.  I like beating bosses with djinn and summons, rather than just spamming spells all the time.  That's why I wanted to beat Dullahan in base classes, with summon rushing if need-be, but also through beat-down methods.  I just hate level grinding on golden sun...

Caledor

Since the additional tier to mono elementals are still a long way from being implemented and recent post manifested doubts regarding their usefulness, I released v1.23 with the other announced changes.

@Varden: Tell me if you find other discrepancies in the game text. BTW, the "Boost" instead of "Boosts" are intentional for "plurar" items like dragon boots, so they weren't fixed.

@Squirtle: Thank you, I'll certainly check that thread out if I need to make those changes again.

VardenSalad

No problem.

This is no my (and anyone else who notices something) big grammar post. PM me a grammar error you find as you're playing and I'll add it here. Otherwise, I'll be posting the ones I find and editing this post to add more if need be.

Chill: Strike to reduce a foe's defense. Needs to be Defense to match all other Djinn descriptions.
Never forget why you started playing.

owlbear

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I'm playing on Classic Boy on my phone and everything seems to work fine, but the sound effect for basic melee attacks/damage received is missing.

Salanewt

Huh. Have you tried standard GS/GS2 on that emulator?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

owlbear

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 13, May, 2015, 12:08:33 PM
Huh. Have you tried standard GS/GS2 on that emulator?
So on 2 different emulators it seems that sound doesn't play in any version of the game (clean or patched).

Seems like such a small thing but the lack of the satisfying noise makes a big difference. But at least it isn't a patch related booboo. :)

owlbear

Playing through the patch, one observation: maybe tone down the mercury djinn in altin. Ability to easily kill 2 people in a single turn, and a high flee frequency is a recipe for frustration.

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 21, May, 2015, 05:08:40 PM
Playing through the patch, one observation: maybe tone down the mercury djinn in altin. Ability to easily kill 2 people in a single turn, and a high flee frequency is a recipe for frustration.
Thanks for reporting it's actually bugged. An hotfix will be avaliable within minutes is up.

Rolina

I should be able to get back to the game this weekend.  Sorry about my long hiatus.

owlbear

Quote from: Caledor on 21, May, 2015, 05:14:11 PM
Quote from: owlbear on 21, May, 2015, 05:08:40 PM
Thanks for reporting it's actually bugged. An hotfix will be avaliable within minutes is up.
Cool beans! I'll let you know any other anomalies I encounter.

Caledor

@Rolina: Glad to hear that!

@owlbear: please do and thanks.

owlbear

A couple class related thoughts:

First being why does Ivan get two different low level bolt spells that do comparable damage, hit the same targets, and cost 7 mp?

Second is in regards to Colosso. As it currently stands, I believe it is impossible to have anyone but Garet know Growth, which means if you assign him to use Move, no one else can help on a Growth stage. Dunno if intentional, or if it was always this way, but it came up while playing through.

Stuff seems pretty well balanced so far, now that the djinn got patched. Only other observation that the boss tornado beast that chases you has astronomical damage output, but can be outrun thankfully.

Caledor

QuoteFirst being why does Ivan get two different low level bolt spells that do comparable damage, hit the same targets, and cost 7 mp?
Don't know what you're talking about... Ray is 7 PP and 35 power while Plasma is 8 PP and 45 power...

QuoteAs it currently stands, I believe it is impossible to have anyone but Garet know Growth, which means if you assign him to use Move, no one else can help on a Growth stage.
True.

QuoteOnly other observation that the boss tornado beast that chases you has astronomical damage output, but can be outrun thankfully.
Tornado Lizard? His strongest spell is Tornado at 80 power...

leaf

Hm, are you looking at the right enemy? Tornado lizard is the (originally) 500 hp enemy in every tornado. Storm lizard is the boss, and tempest lizard is the upgraded version of the boss in the pink tornado.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Caledor

Quote from: leaf on 22, May, 2015, 11:03:12 PM
Hm, are you looking at the right enemy? Tornado lizard is the (originally) 500 hp enemy in every tornado. Storm lizard is the boss, and tempest lizard is the upgraded version of the boss in the pink tornado.
You're right, sorry. he meant storm lizard.