News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlbear

Do cruel dragons no longer drop Tisiphone Edge ? Getting nothing via RNG methods.

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 03, June, 2015, 06:00:59 AM
Do cruel dragons no longer drop Tisiphone Edge ? Getting nothing via RNG methods.
They still do. You're probably doing something wrong with the method itself.

owlbear

Quote from: Caledor on 03, June, 2015, 07:19:41 AM
Quote from: owlbear on 03, June, 2015, 06:00:59 AM
They still do. You're probably doing something wrong with the method itself.
Dunno, followed guide pretty closely, making adjustments to fix damage outputs accordingly for the patch. Only thing that deviates is someone defending, which shouldn't interfere as it doesn't add to RN. Starting with a hard reset and doing 6 damaging psy to a pair of dragons followed by a core, resulting in a flashing kill.

>battle starts
>party attacks first
>everyone multitarget attack psy
>next turn
>2 more multitarget attack psy
>mia defends
>garet uses core, flashing kill
>next turn finish off other dragon
>no drop

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 03, June, 2015, 09:47:42 AM
Dunno, followed guide pretty closely, making adjustments to fix damage outputs accordingly for the patch. Only thing that deviates is someone defending, which shouldn't interfere as it doesn't add to RN. Starting with a hard reset and doing 6 damaging psy to a pair of dragons followed by a core, resulting in a flashing kill.
[...]
There it is. You're applying the same steps valid for the original cruel dragon, that have each 1 attack. The cruel dragons in my mod have 2 attack each, which means that your RNG counter is off by 2 (1 per dragon's turn) when core deals the blow. Try replacing one of the multitarget attack psy with a single target attack.

owlbear

Quote from: Caledor on 03, June, 2015, 10:47:32 AM
Quote from: owlbear on 03, June, 2015, 09:47:42 AM
[...]
There it is. You're applying the same steps valid for the original cruel dragon, that have each 1 attack. The cruel dragons in my mod have 2 attack each, which means that your RNG counter is off by 2 (1 per dragon's turn) when core deals the blow. Try replacing one of the multitarget attack psy with a single target attack.
That explaaaaaaaains everything. Thanks boss, will give it a go in a moment; results after.
[Edit] Sorry that took so long, needed to bike home from work. Worked like a charm. Now to farm new gear/mats/etc

Rolina

Yeah, that element level thing is... annoying.  Especially when trying to make new classes.  It's why I don't use it to determine classes in the system I've been working on - I just use character slot and equipped djinn.  It actually allows for quite a bit more, and gives full class separation.  It's a shame you can't really do it in GS proper without one hell of an overhaul - lord knows it'd be a ton easier to work with.

Caledor

Quote from: Rolina on 03, June, 2015, 08:32:52 PM
Yeah, that element level thing is... annoying.  Especially when trying to make new classes.  It's why I don't use it to determine classes in the system I've been working on - I just use character slot and equipped djinn.  It actually allows for quite a bit more, and gives full class separation.  It's a shame you can't really do it in GS proper without one hell of an overhaul - lord knows it'd be a ton easier to work with.
I can't see the difference here. I just used levels to avoid writing the same thing over and over... and i implemented full class separation in TLA all the same.

Aile~♥

Full separation would mean no class overlap between characters at all. Which would have some consequences, such as mages no longer being able to access fighter tri-element classes and fighters no longer being able to access mage tri-element classes (not that they ever wanted to in the original GS. Base Damage was just so appallingly weak that it was entirely possible that you'd run everyone except the healers as physical classes).
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: Caledor on 03, June, 2015, 08:36:26 PM
Quote from: Rolina on 03, June, 2015, 08:32:52 PM
Yeah, that element level thing is... annoying.  Especially when trying to make new classes.  It's why I don't use it to determine classes in the system I've been working on - I just use character slot and equipped djinn.  It actually allows for quite a bit more, and gives full class separation.  It's a shame you can't really do it in GS proper without one hell of an overhaul - lord knows it'd be a ton easier to work with.
I can't see the difference here. I just used levels to avoid writing the same thing over and over... and i implemented full class separation in TLA all the same.
Heh, try making branching classes.  See how far you get. :P

@Jamie:  Yeah, I know.  There's a reason I have new stats in my system.

Aile~♥

Well, I've personally found that the patch that factors Max PP into Base Damage helps a lot. Makes mage characters instantly viable if you build spellcaster stats appropriately. (Hint: boatload of PP = boatload of damage output. I build pure mages with crap Attack and Defence but sky-high HP and PP, making them extremely squishy vs. physical attacks while tanking magic for days.)

Rolina

Aye, it does.  It's not perfect, but it's sooooo much better than vanilla.  Also, those rollover classes?  I hate those.  So much.  I also dislike shared classes - and even semi-shared classes, like Isaac and Garet's alt-classes.  Same basis, mixed up only by element.  I wish the characters weren't so homogenized - outside of base classes, element pairs play nearly the exact same way.  It's why my method uses base class multipliers as a basis and changes them based on element and character role.  Sure, this may doom Garet to always be a slower character, but he makes up for it in other ways.  I also try to make similar classes play differently.  Isaac and Garet may both be controllers when you give them Jupiter Djinn, but I focus more on buffs and debuffs with one and ailments with another, giving you different ways of handling the same party role.  Vanilla... just doesn't do that.

Aile~♥

Quote from: Rolina on 03, June, 2015, 10:43:26 PM
Aye, it does.  It's not perfect, but it's sooooo much better than vanilla.  Also, those rollover classes?  I hate those.  So much.  I also dislike shared classes - and even semi-shared classes, like Isaac and Garet's alt-classes.  Same basis, mixed up only by element.  I wish the characters weren't so homogenized - outside of base classes, element pairs play nearly the exact same way.  It's why my method uses base class multipliers as a basis and changes them based on element and character role.  Sure, this may doom Garet to always be a slower character, but he makes up for it in other ways.  I also try to make similar classes play differently.  Isaac and Garet may both be controllers when you give them Jupiter Djinn, but I focus more on buffs and debuffs with one and ailments with another, giving you different ways of handling the same party role.  Vanilla... just doesn't do that.
Really? See, I love the rollover classes. Sometimes, I just want to have Karis Annihilation someone with a bow. Also, I'm vaguely offended by the lack of a jumpshot animation for the bow, as Thunder Mine with a bow would look really cool if there was such an animation.

Caledor

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 03, June, 2015, 09:36:19 PM
Full separation would mean no class overlap between characters at all. Which would have some consequences, such as mages no longer being able to access fighter tri-element classes and fighters no longer being able to access mage tri-element classes.
Yup, I know, cause that's what i meant: kill off partial classes. Full class separation, as in "every character has his own set" ATM is impossible due to space limitations. Every characters requires
5 (base) + 5+5+6 (duals) + 3+3+2+2 (tri) = 31 slots * 8 = 248 (we have only 243). It could be viable if we remove the added 2-tier tri-elemental but then we'd still have to remove 1 of the item classes.

This, or someone manages to repoint the class table somewhere else into the ROM.

Rolina

@Jamie:  The easy counter-argument is that they can't use those classes well at all.  Unlike Mars and Venus adepts, they can't use the top tier of that class, just as Caledor said.  And what about things going the other way?  What about when you have too many spare Mercury djinn, and it forces your venus or mars adept into a caster class?  What you really want isn't rollover classes, it's better support for casters period.  Why can't Karis have a Annihilation counterpart in one of her Tri-Element classes, after all?  Why are they stuck with basic arbitrary spells and classes when physical types got those really cool thematic ones?

Sometimes it makes more sense to ask why you like an unintended effect and address that instead of just embracing the effect itself. 

owlbear

Having difficulty getting Aolian Cassocks from wyverns. They only have a single turn, so normal RNG math should be working for them. Still only getting exp and gold.

Caledor

Again, you must be doing something wrong with the RNG cause the numbers are the same. Why don't you try if the same method works with an unpatched game?

leaf

This guy needs to learn how to count RNs >_>

The RNG manipulation guide on gamefaqs does a mighty fine job of explaining exactly how each action you take contributes to the RN. You should be able to figure out why something is going wrong and correct for it.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

owlbear

Quote from: leaf on 05, June, 2015, 06:31:52 AM
This guy needs to learn how to count RNs >_>

The RNG manipulation guide on gamefaqs does a mighty fine job of explaining exactly how each action you take contributes to the RN. You should be able to figure out why something is going wrong and correct for it.
I'm following the guide step for step, the ONLY THINGS I AM CHANGING are the spells, for getting adequate damage output
[edit]I AM AN IMBECILE! I was using a jupiter djinn with weird rn properties. My bad. Got it working.

Side note: is my party OP or do the mobs in the lower part of the treasure island cave have pretty low health?

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 05, June, 2015, 07:35:18 AM
I was using a jupiter djinn with weird rn properties. My bad. Got it working.

Side note: is my party OP or do the mobs in the lower part of the treasure island cave have pretty low health?

If this happens again, please before reporting test your method with the original game. Report only if you have a drop with the original game and not with the modded one.

@Enemies. Nope, they've always had low HP.