News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

[RELEASE] Golden Sun: The Balance Age

Started by Caledor, 24, January, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlbear

Another possible mob catch, the Minos Warrior in Mars Lighthouse has low health and only 1 turn.

[Edit]In regards to the OP and unleash rates. You list the best unleash  setup as having two cursed items and the sol ring and the angel's ring?

[Edit again] Fulminous Edge does way too much damage. Combined with Djinnstorm he's easily one-shotting everyone, despite being at level cap. I'm going to grind other mobs to top off gear sets for everyone, and try again; will upload save after.

Caledor

1. minos is correct. it's the whole lighthouse that's pretty underwhelming.

2. it's a leftover from a time was sure you could activate more than 1 ring. sorry :P

3. lol, i was grinning from ear to ear reading that. 'cause actually, fulminous edge has the very same strength of old hard mode dullahan. same attack, same multiplier, same jupiter power. This means that you either never fought HM dullhan without SRush before, or that you were totally caught off guard by the other skills i gave him. Your pick. :D

owlbear

Can't remember if I ever did the old HM dullahan fight or not. Gave it several shots with a better geared party, but still ended up following the strategy posted in this thread. Djinnstorm>Impact>Fulminous Edge followed by a Fulminous Edge and a Charon. Maybe I just have awful luck.

Also having questions with the luck stat. Mia is sitting on 39 luck, and still gets autokilled by Condemn and Charon. O_o

Caledor

Quote from: owlbear on 07, June, 2015, 01:26:34 PM
Can't remember if I ever did the old HM dullahan fight or not. Gave it several shots with a better geared party, but still ended up following the strategy posted in this thread. Djinnstorm>Impact>Fulminous Edge followed by a Fulminous Edge and a Charon. Maybe I just have awful luck.

Also having questions with the luck stat. Mia is sitting on 39 luck, and still gets autokilled by Condemn and Charon. O_o
Will check Dullahan.
There's something wrong with Mia being ALWAYS killed by Condemn at 39 luck. Don't get me wrong there's still the chance for her to be hit by it (immunity starts at 40) but it should be pretty low.

Also, just tested: i hacked condemn to make it target allies, and my felix with 14 Jpower (dullahan has 17) couldn't land a single hit on my 35 luck pure mage mia.

leaf

I don't remember if you already did this or not from when I tested it, but djinn storm and its brethren - if they haven't already - need to be made into psynergy so they can be sealed. This is supposed to be the "balance age," after all, not "the RNG decided to make you lose... age." That move is simply too powerful to not have any available counterplay. If it could be psy sealed, the player would have some actual options for dealing with dullahan using luff/rime strategies, without having to resort to full-on summon rushing.

@owlbear: What class is mia in? It's possible you have absurd luck through items but also managed to fall into one of the classes with a weakness to condemn.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

owlbear

Mia is an angel; wanted max healing capacity through water affinity to try and combat Dully's ridiculous DPS

Caledor

Quote from: leaf on 07, June, 2015, 01:57:44 PM
I don't remember if you already did this or not from when I tested it, but djinn storm and its brethren - if they haven't already - need to be made into psynergy so they can be sealed. This is supposed to be the "balance age," after all, not "the RNG decided to make you lose... age." That move is simply too powerful to not have any available counterplay. If it could be psy sealed, the player would have some actual options for dealing with dullahan using luff/rime strategies, without having to resort to full-on summon rushing.

@owlbear: What class is mia in? It's possible you have absurd luck through items but also managed to fall into one of the classes with a weakness to condemn.
Sorry leaf, but you're wrong on this one. Djinn Storm already has a weakness, but i won't tell you here, cause i want others to figure it out by themselves. I'll PM you about it.

Also, already thought about it, but it's impossible for mia to be weak to insta-kill.

Edit: @owlbear. Did you know that elemental levels factor into status success rate? To put it shortly, Angel Mia has a higher chance to be affected by Condemn/Charon than Pure Mage Mia, cause the latter has venus level 4 instead of 0. It's still highly unlikely that this has a perceivable impact though, especially at 39 luck.

Salanewt

Pretty much what Caledor said, yeah. This is especially true with Dullahan, because it has a really high Venus level.

On that note, is the 40 luck immunity thing still in your hack or did you tweak/remove it? Just wondering because owlbear is only one point away from immunity if you left it in... I have a feeling you didn't though.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Caledor

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 07, June, 2015, 04:36:53 PM
Pretty much what Caledor said, yeah. This is especially true with Dullahan, because it has a really high Venus level.

On that note, is the 40 luck immunity thing still in your hack or did you tweak/remove it? Just wondering because owlbear is only one point away from immunity if you left it in... I have a feeling you didn't though.
Nope, immunity is still there. Heck, i even implemented it in GS1! :P
However, 39 shouldn't be read as "one point away from immunity" cause that would give the misleading idea of a success rate next to 0. But it's a mystery for me as well cause, like I said, my Venus level 14 Felix never hit my Pure mage Mia with a hacked condemn.

Salanewt

Well, the thing about the immunity is that having a luck of 40 essentially overwrites the success rate so it's 0. I definitely see your point as far as mental calculations go though.

Felix & Mia: Huh, that's weird. Did you keep the old formula in place as well? Might be worth doing a quick calculation to see if it can even hit at all if you did.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Caledor

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 07, June, 2015, 05:24:35 PM
Well, the thing about the immunity is that having a luck of 40 essentially overwrites the success rate so it's 0. I definitely see your point as far as mental calculations go though.

Felix & Mia: Huh, that's weird. Did you keep the old formula in place as well? Might be worth doing a quick calculation to see if it can even hit at all if you did.
The only formula i touched is the base damage one. He said mia was always hit... I tested five or six times with the same rom and he didn't hit once.  I concluded he was just being unlucky.

Maths:
[spoiler="Full formula"](((((((Attacker's elemental level - Defender's elemental level) - Floor(Defender's luck / 2)) * 3) + effect's base chance + (vulnerabity's 25)) * diminishing%) / 100)  >= rnd()[/spoiler]

Conqueror Felix vs Pure Mage Mia
(((14 - 4) - Floor(35 / 2)) * 3) + 20 = -1%  (impossible)

Dullahan vs owlbear's Angel Mia
(((17 - 0) - Floor(39 / 2)) * 3) + 20 = 14%

Looks like I was wrong, those 4 levels DO make quite the difference.

Rolina

Yeah, luck and element level are more important than most people realize.  Once you stop using vanilla's easy modo effect chances, it starts becoming more apparent.  I'd say either switch her to Pure Mage, or spec more into luck.  Tweaking your djinn to get all the luck+ djinn would be a good start, then things like... uh, well, unless they've been changed, like the Floating Hat, which gives you an extra 20% luck.

Caledor

Quote from: Rolina on 07, June, 2015, 10:27:22 PM
Yeah, luck and element level are more important than most people realize.  Once you stop using vanilla's easy modo effect chances, it starts becoming more apparent.  I'd say either switch her to Pure Mage, or spec more into luck.  Tweaking your djinn to get all the luck+ djinn would be a good start, then things like... uh, well, unless they've been changed, like the Floating Hat, which gives you an extra 20% luck.
I switched all * bonuses to + bonuses of the same type, but on the other hand i raised luck available from djinn. It's not hard at all to make a Pure Mage hit 40 luck, I just managed with only djinn, divine camisole and clotho's distaff.

Aile~♥

There's a reason it looks like that: The class list counts elemental levels, not Djinn. Each character has 5 levels in their own element at base, so a class that looks like it needs 14 Djinn total actually needs 9 Djinn plus the base 5 elemental levels.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Aye.  That's why overflow classes are a thing.

Caledor

Misery

She's referring to setting djinn in a way that changes a character's dominant element to something other than their base or symbiotic element.

i.e. Shaman Isaac, Cavalier Mia, etc.

Caledor

Oh, these. Well, not in my mod.

Misery

Not until now did I actually download the patch and look at the classes in the editor...

What would happen in your mod, then? Sorry if you covered this already, but I don't recally any mention of how you handle this, and I can't really tell what would happen to their class type value.

Caledor

Quote from: Misery on 10, June, 2015, 03:14:34 PM
Not until now did I actually download the patch and look at the classes in the editor...

What would happen in your mod, then? Sorry if you covered this already, but I don't recally any mention of how you handle this, and I can't really tell what would happen to their class type value.
Nothing. The character remains in the class he's supposed to be. For example, Swordsman Isaac doesn't become a Shaman if you give him 6 Mercury Djinn: he remains a Fearless, just like if he had only 5. Then you give him a venus djinn and he becomes a Paragon as usual. As for how i handled it... I rewrote the assembly function that handles classes to implement full separation. IIRC now it's something like:
if (classID != itemClassID) then
classID = classID + pgID * 10

with other ifs here and there to leave duplication of classes at minimum. Moreover I rewrote the class table so that it uses only numbers from 0 to 9. It became possible cause now i can use the same number for each couple of elements (venus-mercury or mercury-venus doesn't make any difference anymore). This way each pg has his own class range that goes from pgID*10 to pgID *10 +9.

Well, at least this is what happens in TLA. In GS I couldn't do anything cause the pgID isn't carried over into the function like in TLA.