Golden Sun Hacking Community
01, October, 2020, 11:38:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Come give us a "hello" on our Discord server!

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm not really new but hi anyways!  (Read 18032 times)

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #20 on: 22, August, 2015, 11:33:24 AM »

Καλως ηρθες φιλε μου!
I could't resist XD Are you greek?
Hope we have a fun time here!!
View Profile WWW
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 3

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #21 on: 22, August, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »

What would Rule 21 entail though? "Original content is original only for a few seconds before getting old" is rule 21 of the internet if I recall correctly, so if we don't make our own set of rules, that's what it would be, right? It'd be weird to have a name that means that, haha!

Eh... really! I just looked. 21 is an important number to me, and it's popped up a lot recently now that I think about it. Oh, and it's not important because American drinking age is 21, it's 18 here in the part of Canada I live in, so it's nothing so cosmetic. Still, this is interesting. I might have to pay more attention...

@Role:
I uh... just got the joke... >.>;;;; Whoops.

Yeah, it's kinda similar to xXxSCREENNAMExXx.  I'm the type who thinks it's kinda silly to add numbers or symbol ends when it's not like a suuuuper popular site.  So I was curious as to the reason why you had the 21.

Was kinda insightful - if the number has a deep meaning for you, that's a pretty cool reason to use it. ^-^

View Profile WWW

Completely Incomplete

Novice Member

Coins: 20

I am: Drawing, gaming, eating, or belching.

« Reply #22 on: 22, August, 2015, 09:58:01 PM »

Καλως ηρθες φιλε μου!
I could't resist XD Are you greek?
Hope we have a fun time here!!

Γειά σου!
(Hello!)
Δεν είμαι, αλλά εγώ αγαπώ τη γλώσσα.
(I'm not, but I do enjoy the language.)
Σκοπευω να~
(I intend to~)

Yeah, it's kinda similar to xXxSCREENNAMExXx.  I'm the type who thinks it's kinda silly to add numbers or symbol ends when it's not like a suuuuper popular site.  So I was curious as to the reason why you had the 21.

Was kinda insightful - if the number has a deep meaning for you, that's a pretty cool reason to use it. ^-^

Thanks! I actually feel the same way about that. If the number if important, then go wild, but if it isn't, and one has the opportunity to go without, why bother? I've asked a few people why they didn't just use a different name or spelling after I found out they didn't find the number they used as important. They tend to just shrug. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Also you never really poked at me for that when I was RTGreece21, I must have come off as pretty silly, haha.

I have a lot of nicknames so feel free to call me by whichever one you care to. This includes but is not limited to: Greece, Rose, Rayflo, Judal, Rosen, Kurama, Karasu, Sky, and my name, Ruehl.
View Profile
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas
Fox McCloud, the Hacking Doctor
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

Coins: 1002

I am: certainly not a Gallant!
Clan Position: Head Gallant

« Reply #23 on: 23, August, 2015, 01:27:15 AM »

I know of someone who goes by three numbers.... and there are no letters.... However, that same guy also goes by another name that has just letters as well.

As far as main accounts go, I mostly agree with the no numbers thing... With some minor exceptions... Like for dup accounts, mild leet, when there are too few alternatives... (EX: Replace O with 0, or S with 5)... etc.
« Last Edit: 23, August, 2015, 01:28:53 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)
View Profile

Completely Incomplete

Novice Member

« Reply #24 on: 23, August, 2015, 01:34:21 AM »

Leet is fine, I think. It isn't random or meaningless. It's a utility, like any language/alphabet, so it doesn't annoy me.

I have a lot of nicknames so feel free to call me by whichever one you care to. This includes but is not limited to: Greece, Rose, Rayflo, Judal, Rosen, Kurama, Karasu, Sky, and my name, Ruehl.
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: 23, August, 2015, 01:37:15 AM »

Y35, 6u7 17 (4n 63 h4rd3r 70 r34d 7h4n n0rm4l pr1n7.
Yes, but it can be harder to read than normal print.

...if used heavily.

@162: I remember having that as a bus number back in high school... (Out of many that I had.)
As for what it means to me... not sure... but dividing the numbers into 6 + 12 = 18... and then adding that to the age I was a few years ago.... I come with 35... and that would be half of 70... so... it might mean nothing though. (Except having a goal to be at least 35 yrs. old some day, is interesting, I guess.  Sort of pointless though, considering that's still quite young... but I'm thinking of halfway points.)
« Last Edit: 23, August, 2015, 02:26:02 AM by Fox » Logged

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)
View Profile

Completely Incomplete

Novice Member

« Reply #26 on: 23, August, 2015, 02:38:10 AM »

Possibly. Not everyone reads it well.

Haha sometimes smaller goals are more rewarding because you can reach more of them. i think it's fine XD

View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: 23, August, 2015, 07:09:43 AM »

True, especially if you are not used to it.

And yeah, small rewards always help with making progress towards something, I guess....

By the way, I also see 163 sometimes as well... I decided it was worth mentioning since I just saw this:
« Last Edit: 23, August, 2015, 07:12:30 AM by Fox » Logged

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile

Completely Incomplete

Novice Member

« Reply #28 on: 24, August, 2015, 01:07:23 AM »

Oh cool! I never knew much about cryptocurrencies. Wasn't there around 500 or so at some point, though?

View Profile
JamietheFlameUser
Diamond Pokémon
Mars Clan

Does this look like the face of mercy?

Prodigy

I am: Poke poke poke poke... I can't stop it...

« Reply #29 on: 10, September, 2015, 02:25:53 AM »

Ohai. Didn't notice this 'til just now. I kinda just lurk occasionally.

:P

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

Spoiler for epic mindscrew:
View Profile
roger
a programmer that likes supertramp
Jupiter Clan

Coins: 22

I am: chillin'

« Reply #30 on: 01, November, 2016, 04:13:16 PM »

holy crap what's up dude

I'm Charon, I was wondering where you went. noice

[just noticed you posted this in August... oh well, better late than never]

View Profile WWW
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #31 on: 01, November, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »

Yup, over a year ago...

And since Ruehl returned yet again, always worth a rewelcoming regardless of whether another topic is made or not... So in one sense, you're not really late. (Simply missed the previous re-welcoming. Or ummm... heheheh.) And therefore are on-time/early for this re-welcoming. (Of many to come! Probably.)

Welcome again!

Hopefully that gets people starting a chain of hellos again... *hint*hint* -- Thinking about it kinda cracks me up a little bit. :P
« Last Edit: 01, November, 2016, 05:22:50 PM by Fox » Logged

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile

Completely Incomplete

Novice Member

« Reply #32 on: 01, November, 2016, 11:10:42 PM »

[just noticed you posted this in August... oh well, better late than never]
Haha well if there was any post and time for a necro this was it.
I went a variety of places. My health took a bad turn for a while, too, among other things including my father having four strokes and whatnot, so I haven't been able to really apply myself anywhere. When dad recovered enough I found a game jam, and partway through working on some of the art I thought of this place, so I'll be studying the palette and sprites for a while. I'm mostly on Discord nowadays. Do we have one at all?

this re-welcoming. (Of many to come! Probably.)
Knowing my luck and life >.<; I'll try to stick around though as it'd be my preference to stay and at least lurk.

Either way I'm glad to see you're both well, and still here to boot. I like how this place doesn't change so drastically like other forums do.

View Profile
Luna_blade
The last member of the Luna clan
Luna Clan

Great Member

Coins: 28

I am: Timeless. As in, i don't have much free time.

« Reply #33 on: 02, November, 2016, 09:17:28 AM »

A discord hmm...
Might be a thing

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"
View Profile
Mercury Clan

Prodigy

« Reply #34 on: 02, November, 2016, 09:19:04 AM »

Yep! Discord is Skype 2.0 (not literally), everyone's starting to actually use it now!

Edit:  Except no GSHC group yet. (As far as I know.) But then we didn't seem to really have one for Skype, either.
« Last Edit: 02, November, 2016, 09:23:04 AM by Fox » Logged

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

View Profile
Rolina
The Fulminous Witch
Jupiter Clan

Template maker turned lurker

Alchemist

Coins: 3

I am: wondering if we can get our clan position changed...
Clan Position: Grand Overlady of Jupiter

« Reply #35 on: 02, November, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »

Sunrise and /r/goldensun have a discord group, I know that much at least.

But yeah, everyone's moving to Discord because skype is just... not good anymore.

View Profile WWW
Menaus
Sol Clan

Coins: 0

« Reply #36 on: 02, November, 2016, 04:48:18 PM »

I would say Discord is more similar to Teamspeak or Ventrilo than Skype. It's more server and group focused than Skype is, which is more individual focused. The main benefits are that the use of its servers are free, and pretty much every piece of UI is more streamlined. It's also adding a bunch of kewl features like custom emotes and stuff.

I've been using it for a long while with my own group of friends, and it has been great. Before, we were using Curse voice chat, which tended to have glitches due to it being in beta. I would definitely be interested in joining a discord group if we decided to make one.
« Last Edit: 02, November, 2016, 04:50:41 PM by Menaus » Logged

"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla
View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 203

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #37 on: 02, November, 2016, 08:02:12 PM »

I chat with people on here fairly regularly through Discord, but I don't think the site has a group for itself yet. I would be willing to make one if people want it.

Also, welcome back Ruehl! Good to see you. :)

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW

Completely Incomplete

Novice Member

« Reply #38 on: 02, November, 2016, 08:40:52 PM »

I would be willing to make one if people want it.
I was gonna offer if you didn't, haha. Discord makes it so much easier for me to keep in touch with my peeps, and even though I've always had skype, Teamspeak was my main squeeze... that is until discord fixed some stuff so that it actually worked for me, haha. It isn't hard on the eyes, hell it's customization is pretty good, and it works pretty nice considering none of the servers are really all that close to me.

I would spend all my time between a discord for this place and the discord for game dev I'm in. owo I'd have two homes. The do want is strong.

Haha, also it's good to see you, too. All of you, actually. It almost feels like the days when I first started didn't really go away.

View Profile
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 203

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« Reply #39 on: 02, November, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »

Okay, here is a hopefully permanent link:

https://discord.gg/ghArTzu

I'm not planning to do much with moderation, but will make Kain a mod or whatever if he expresses interest in it. Otherwise this is an informal Discord server for people here to share. As of right now it has a general voice channel and three text channels, two of which are related to hacking and the other for everything else. It's also hosted on Western European servers, even though this might change down the road. (Edit: And a general programming channel.)

I know, right? I still use Skype pretty frequently for my offline contacts, but it seems like almost everyone I chat with online these days is on there. I moved over the second Skype forced me to try a beta of an extremely terrible update.
« Last Edit: 02, November, 2016, 10:15:31 PM by Lord Squirtle » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Chatbox
31, August, 2020, 08:40:32 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Being able to convert IPS files to text files to also supporting commenting, and convert back to IPS after changes.... sounds like a fun strategy? 
27, August, 2020, 10:37:30 PM
Salanewt: Hey, thanks! 
25, August, 2020, 12:59:22 AM
Foreclosure: Yo! Looking forward for this AI OVerhaul patch when it's finished :) :) 
19, August, 2020, 07:00:17 PM
Salanewt: That's awesome! I'm pretty good; been working on an AI Overhaul project and have made some nice progress in the past couple weeks; the goal for tonight is to add Deadbeard to GS2 and then I can move onto something new.
19, August, 2020, 01:14:56 PM
Awec: Ye not bad, just checked back in for updates on GS Reloaded really. Although now I'm looking back through some of my old forum posts, which is fun :D how are you?
19, August, 2020, 01:43:07 AM
Salanewt: It sure is! How have you been?
16, August, 2020, 09:40:57 AM
Awec: Yo nice to see this forum is still going
14, August, 2020, 09:06:44 PM
Salanewt: Hey! How goes it?
01, August, 2020, 01:31:53 PM
KyleRunner: Hello, people!
08, July, 2020, 08:57:11 PM
Salanewt: That awkward feeling when almost a quarter of a year goes by without anyone posting a message in this chatbox.
27, April, 2020, 07:54:10 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: I'm having a thought. So I know Atrius's editor is slow at saving sprites.... So I've been thinking.   I am considering another console program.  This time, for importing and exporting sprites/animations. Image files (for sprites), binary files (for animation data), and maybe binary or text files for Settings. Would certainly be cool if it works out. - Console programs are fun, when you can (at least temporarily) cheat out making a full interface editor for them. =P
25, April, 2020, 10:42:07 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Tried to list those in order of importance, but anyway....
25, April, 2020, 10:37:59 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: GSHC, GS Speedrunning, /r/Golden Sun, GS United Nations, ToK.  Sixth one is border-line I'm not sure.
25, April, 2020, 08:00:21 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: (low as in <100)
25, April, 2020, 08:00:04 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: So while there are quite a few GS Communities out there. There are only up to maybe ~6 Discords worth even the consideration of joining, I think. Most of the rest of them have a fairly low member count. (Of which I can tell?)
14, April, 2020, 10:49:35 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: The Essential Age could be what it stands for?
13, April, 2020, 05:23:32 PM
Misery: Tea editor... that's a cute name for it
01, April, 2020, 02:42:48 AM
JupiterDjinn: Also my browser is sending two o f my messages srry.
01, April, 2020, 02:42:06 AM
JupiterDjinn: Just got the reply. Ok my question is: how can I get the tea editor on Android, because I already have an emulator. But no computer.
31, March, 2020, 07:18:29 PM
Salanewt: Sure thing!
31, March, 2020, 03:38:27 PM
JupiterDjinn: Can I have a question answered?
28, March, 2020, 12:50:13 AM
Salanewt: I want to shrink it down in size later, but yup!
26, March, 2020, 03:24:45 PM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: The news box is back? :D
19, March, 2020, 05:59:16 PM
Salanewt: Nice work hiding the searchbots Atrius!
19, March, 2020, 04:23:34 PM
Salanewt: I was wondering when I said that stuff! May need to work it out with Kain.
19, March, 2020, 07:03:05 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: (The simplest being to not accept char IDs pass 255, I think.)
19, March, 2020, 05:33:15 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Heheh.... I'm just testing. You pretty much gave it away. Hahah. It seems to look fairly convincing, but I'm sure there's an easy solution to preventing it.
19, March, 2020, 05:28:50 AM
Atrius: Whelp, there it goes... Just what I didn't want.  Have fun with that I guess...   
19, March, 2020, 05:20:25 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: So like. Replace the "e" with another "e"? Alright. Gotcha.
19, March, 2020, 05:04:41 AM
Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas: Good work.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise