News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I'm not really new but hi anyways!

Started by Necroka, 21, August, 2015, 04:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necroka (He/Him)

Basically I no longer have access to the email account and forgot the password for my old account, and I wanted to come back and poke around for a while. My other account is RTGreece21, some of you will remember me. Probably won't be jumping into projects since my father is still in the hospital though. Need to work on the house a lot still.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Now for the ol' quote:  Greetings and Salutations, Rose! You don't mind if I call you Rose, right?

And yes, I remember RTGreece.... It's nice to have you back! Even if for just a little while.............................

Not a whole lot has been going on... except for maybe a few things..... But anyway, happy belated birthday.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Necroka (He/Him)

Haha it's good to see you again. I prefer to be called Ruehl because Rose was more my ex's thing but it doesn't really matter either way. Use whichever you'd like.

Depending on my father's health when he returns, my stay could be for quite a long while. We'll see.

I'll have to find these few things, then. Also, thanks!
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Thanks. Hmm... Ruehl could work... (Not 100% sure I know how to pronounce that? Perhaps the "h" is silent?)

Okay then. Good luck. :)

Okay...  I'd have to remember when you left... But the whole thing put in a short summary is that Atrius quit the Editor.... and then gave the site to Kain, pretty much.... (Wish he was more active, though...)  So... The Community Project was removed, and clans no longer have leaders... etc.... Well, maybe plenty has happened... but not much in recent days, I don't think.

And you are welcome.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Necroka (He/Him)

It's like... if "rule" had two syllables. Almost as if the l has it's very own syllable to itself. Usually people pronounce it "roo-ul" which is generally accepted as close enough.

There will never be anymore updates, then? Damn. Why did he stop? Too time consuming for little result? Is the oldest version still the one available in the downloads? I had no idea Kain was the leader now, though I did notice the forum was organized differently. I'd say quite a bit has happened.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

QuoteI'd say quite a bit has happened.
Since you left, yes... since you've been gone for a long time.... but "Not much has been going on recently".... is pretty much what I meant in my first post, I think. As in, most of this stuff might seem like old news...

His last version was the 0.5 Alpha one. (Found in News & Announcements forum....his first and last open-sourced version.)
He did have some topic(s) where h mention his new project, Forgotten Dreams, but no versions of it have been released yet.... I assume his job/other stuff is likely getting in the way.

To my knowledge, Kain most likely won't be doing anything with editors for Golden Sun...

I suppose programming efforts/hacking research is up to mostly me and Salanewt.. I would like to mention the OpenGoldenSun project someone else was doing, though... It's not a hack project, but a project where someone tries to rebuild the game's engine....

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

Alrighty I'll probably have to make sure I get that version then if I end up getting the time to play around with things again.

Rebuilding the engine sounds like a pretty cool thing, too. I'm not terribly good at that type of thing, I'm more of an art person and even then I still need to find the time, but if I could help I would.

Also, I can't seem to find the option to change the forum theme. I never liked this newer one, so I'd like to go back to the one I used to use.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

That version mainly adds the ability to edit sprites, and view the data browser....

Okay, I probably should get updated on what progress the guy has made... if there are any new news.

http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?action=profile;sa=theme - Click change.
Which theme did you like, by the way?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

Editing the sprites was what I'd always wanted.

Awesome definitely let me know what you find out.

PFT I missed it. It was right there the whole time and I kept going right passed it. I liked the Venus one, but I might use the RPG one for a while. Dunno. I like green and I like brown so it's a bit of a fight.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

@"Editing the sprites was what I'd always wanted."
@"I'm more of an art person"

Lovely. :)

@"Awesome definitely let me know what you find out."
Well, looks like the guy has a twitter account. (Goes by OpenGoldenSun)....
So I guess that makes at least two twitters to keep an eye on. (With Smea likely being of slightly higher priority due to the 3ds hacking stuff? Maybe.)

@3: Hmm... Cool...  I've been using the Jupiter one most of the time... Wouldn't it be interesting to have a theme that selects a random theme every page load?

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

Haha I wonder if I should try sprites again and see what I can do. It's been a while since I did the caramelldansen Isaac.

I rarely ever use twitter but I suppose I might have to make a habbit of it, won't I?

I'm pretty sure that so much theme changing would hurt the eyes. It'd be like a quiet rave.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Salanewt

Hey there, good to see you again! I'm Salanewt, using a "temporary" new name for fun; how have you been these past couple years?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

QuoteI rarely ever use twitter but I suppose I might have to make a habbit of it, won't I?
Rarely use twitter myself... (Even when I do have an account.)

QuoteI'm pretty sure that so much theme changing would hurt the eyes. It'd be like a quiet rave.
Well, I was thinking about it for those who simply couldn't decide which theme they wanted... (Perferably with options to exclude certain themes.)  But I guess it depends on one's preferences.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

@Salanewt I've been alright considering things. Father's been in the hospital for almost 2 months so my brother and myself have to pay for the house instead of just paying rent. No time to really horse around anymore and doodle. Got a promotion at work though. You?

@Fox: I have a twitter, its just the same thing - actually using it. Also yeah if we can exclude themes then people could customize it so it didn't hurt their eyes. What would be really nice is that a lot of forums have a theme changing drop down menu at the bottom and/or top of the site or board for easy access. It would be a lot easier to change themes that way.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Rolina

...Wait, did we already have 20 Ruehls?

Necroka (He/Him)

Unless you're referring to dissociative identity disorder, I do't think so. I'm the only one I know of. That or I'm missing a joke of some kind.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Yeah, it possibly could have been a pun. Say like... You could be Rule #21.

I noticed this earlier.. but...
RTGreece21 leaves on day 21 of a month...
Ruehl21 arrives on 21 of this month...

So Rule #21 is to not underestimate the number 21! (I guess.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

What would Rule 21 entail though? "Original content is original only for a few seconds before getting old" is rule 21 of the internet if I recall correctly, so if we don't make our own set of rules, that's what it would be, right? It'd be weird to have a name that means that, haha!

Eh... really! I just looked. 21 is an important number to me, and it's popped up a lot recently now that I think about it. Oh, and it's not important because American drinking age is 21, it's 18 here in the part of Canada I live in, so it's nothing so cosmetic. Still, this is interesting. I might have to pay more attention...

@Role:
I uh... just got the joke... >.>;;;; Whoops.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

QuoteWhat would Rule 21 entail though? "Original content is original only for a few seconds before getting old" is rule 21 of the internet if I recall correctly, so if we don't make our own set of rules, that's what it would be, right? It'd be weird to have a name that means that, haha!
Hmm... No idea... Depending on what types of rules we'd want... we can maybe say that's not likely one you'd enforce a consequence on. (Or something like that...)

QuoteEh... really! I just looked. 21 is an important number to me, and it's popped up a lot recently now that I think about it. Oh, and it's not important because American drinking age is 21, it's 18 here in the part of Canada I live in, so it's nothing so cosmetic. Still, this is interesting. I might have to pay more attention...
Sounds interesting... Sometimes I feel like certain numbers pop up for me every now and then as well... (Well, a long time ago, at the very least.... Like 162...)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

Haha like an "Unspoken Rules of GSHC" where no one really cares, it's just for fun? That'd be interesting, though I'm not sure how one goes about starting such a thing.

All the numbers that pop up for me are 3, 4, 7, 12, and 21 (in order of least to most common, which just so happens to be ascending). What do your numbers usually pop up from? Or I guess a better question is what do they mean to you?
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3