News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

I'm not really new but hi anyways!

Started by Necroka, 21, August, 2015, 04:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaac3000

Καλως ηρθες φιλε μου!
I could't resist XD Are you greek?
Hope we have a fun time here!!

Rolina

Quote from: Ruehl21 on 22, August, 2015, 04:10:45 AM
What would Rule 21 entail though? "Original content is original only for a few seconds before getting old" is rule 21 of the internet if I recall correctly, so if we don't make our own set of rules, that's what it would be, right? It'd be weird to have a name that means that, haha!

Eh... really! I just looked. 21 is an important number to me, and it's popped up a lot recently now that I think about it. Oh, and it's not important because American drinking age is 21, it's 18 here in the part of Canada I live in, so it's nothing so cosmetic. Still, this is interesting. I might have to pay more attention...

@Role:
I uh... just got the joke... >.>;;;; Whoops.

Yeah, it's kinda similar to xXxSCREENNAMExXx.  I'm the type who thinks it's kinda silly to add numbers or symbol ends when it's not like a suuuuper popular site.  So I was curious as to the reason why you had the 21.

Was kinda insightful - if the number has a deep meaning for you, that's a pretty cool reason to use it. ^-^

Necroka (He/Him)

Quote from: isaac3000 on 22, August, 2015, 07:33:24 AM
Καλως ηρθες φιλε μου!
I could't resist XD Are you greek?
Hope we have a fun time here!!

Γειά σου!
(Hello!)
Δεν είμαι, αλλά εγώ αγαπώ τη γλώσσα.
(I'm not, but I do enjoy the language.)
Σκοπευω να~
(I intend to~)

Quote from: Rolina on 22, August, 2015, 05:17:12 PM
Yeah, it's kinda similar to xXxSCREENNAMExXx.  I'm the type who thinks it's kinda silly to add numbers or symbol ends when it's not like a suuuuper popular site.  So I was curious as to the reason why you had the 21.

Was kinda insightful - if the number has a deep meaning for you, that's a pretty cool reason to use it. ^-^

Thanks! I actually feel the same way about that. If the number if important, then go wild, but if it isn't, and one has the opportunity to go without, why bother? I've asked a few people why they didn't just use a different name or spelling after I found out they didn't find the number they used as important. They tend to just shrug. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Also you never really poked at me for that when I was RTGreece21, I must have come off as pretty silly, haha.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteYeah, it's kinda similar to xXxSCREENNAMExXx.  I'm the type who thinks it's kinda silly to add numbers or symbol ends when it's not like a suuuuper popular site.  So I was curious as to the reason why you had the 21.
I know of someone who goes by three numbers.... and there are no letters.... However, that same guy also goes by another name that has just letters as well.

As far as main accounts go, I mostly agree with the no numbers thing... With some minor exceptions... Like for dup accounts, mild leet, when there are too few alternatives... (EX: Replace O with 0, or S with 5)... etc.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Necroka (He/Him)

Leet is fine, I think. It isn't random or meaningless. It's a utility, like any language/alphabet, so it doesn't annoy me.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Y35, 6u7 17 (4n 63 h4rd3r 70 r34d 7h4n n0rm4l pr1n7.
Yes, but it can be harder to read than normal print.

...if used heavily.

@162: I remember having that as a bus number back in high school... (Out of many that I had.)
As for what it means to me... not sure... but dividing the numbers into 6 + 12 = 18... and then adding that to the age I was a few years ago.... I come with 35... and that would be half of 70... so... it might mean nothing though. (Except having a goal to be at least 35 yrs. old some day, is interesting, I guess.  Sort of pointless though, considering that's still quite young... but I'm thinking of halfway points.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Necroka (He/Him)

Possibly. Not everyone reads it well.

Haha sometimes smaller goals are more rewarding because you can reach more of them. i think it's fine XD
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

True, especially if you are not used to it.

And yeah, small rewards always help with making progress towards something, I guess....

By the way, I also see 163 sometimes as well... I decided it was worth mentioning since I just saw this:

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

Oh cool! I never knew much about cryptocurrencies. Wasn't there around 500 or so at some point, though?
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Aile~♥

Ohai. Didn't notice this 'til just now. I kinda just lurk occasionally.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

charon the ferryman

holy crap what's up dude

I'm Charon, I was wondering where you went. noice

[just noticed you posted this in August... oh well, better late than never]

Yup, over a year ago...

And since Ruehl returned yet again, always worth a rewelcoming regardless of whether another topic is made or not... So in one sense, you're not really late. (Simply missed the previous re-welcoming. Or ummm... heheheh.) And therefore are on-time/early for this re-welcoming. (Of many to come! Probably.)

Welcome again!

Hopefully that gets people starting a chain of hellos again... *hint*hint* -- Thinking about it kinda cracks me up a little bit. :P

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Necroka (He/Him)

Quote[just noticed you posted this in August... oh well, better late than never]
Haha well if there was any post and time for a necro this was it.
I went a variety of places. My health took a bad turn for a while, too, among other things including my father having four strokes and whatnot, so I haven't been able to really apply myself anywhere. When dad recovered enough I found a game jam, and partway through working on some of the art I thought of this place, so I'll be studying the palette and sprites for a while. I'm mostly on Discord nowadays. Do we have one at all?

Quotethis re-welcoming. (Of many to come! Probably.)
Knowing my luck and life >.<; I'll try to stick around though as it'd be my preference to stay and at least lurk.

Either way I'm glad to see you're both well, and still here to boot. I like how this place doesn't change so drastically like other forums do.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Luna_blade

"Hear the sounds and melodies
Of rilets flowing down
They're the verlasting songs
Whispering all the time
As a warning that behind some rocks
There's a rigid grap even
Oreads fear the tread"

Yep! Discord is Skype 2.0 (not literally), everyone's starting to actually use it now!

Edit:  Except no GSHC group yet. (As far as I know.) But then we didn't seem to really have one for Skype, either.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

Sunrise and /r/goldensun have a discord group, I know that much at least.

But yeah, everyone's moving to Discord because skype is just... not good anymore.

Menaus

I would say Discord is more similar to Teamspeak or Ventrilo than Skype. It's more server and group focused than Skype is, which is more individual focused. The main benefits are that the use of its servers are free, and pretty much every piece of UI is more streamlined. It's also adding a bunch of kewl features like custom emotes and stuff.

I've been using it for a long while with my own group of friends, and it has been great. Before, we were using Curse voice chat, which tended to have glitches due to it being in beta. I would definitely be interested in joining a discord group if we decided to make one.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Salanewt

I chat with people on here fairly regularly through Discord, but I don't think the site has a group for itself yet. I would be willing to make one if people want it.

Also, welcome back Ruehl! Good to see you. :)
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Necroka (He/Him)

Quote from: Lord Squirtle on 02, November, 2016, 04:02:12 PM
I would be willing to make one if people want it.
I was gonna offer if you didn't, haha. Discord makes it so much easier for me to keep in touch with my peeps, and even though I've always had skype, Teamspeak was my main squeeze... that is until discord fixed some stuff so that it actually worked for me, haha. It isn't hard on the eyes, hell it's customization is pretty good, and it works pretty nice considering none of the servers are really all that close to me.

I would spend all my time between a discord for this place and the discord for game dev I'm in. owo I'd have two homes. The do want is strong.

Haha, also it's good to see you, too. All of you, actually. It almost feels like the days when I first started didn't really go away.
I'm baaaaa~aaaack <3

Salanewt

Okay, here is a hopefully permanent link:

https://discord.gg/ghArTzu

I'm not planning to do much with moderation, but will make Kain a mod or whatever if he expresses interest in it. Otherwise this is an informal Discord server for people here to share. As of right now it has a general voice channel and three text channels, two of which are related to hacking and the other for everything else. It's also hosted on Western European servers, even though this might change down the road. (Edit: And a general programming channel.)

I know, right? I still use Skype pretty frequently for my offline contacts, but it seems like almost everyone I chat with online these days is on there. I moved over the second Skype forced me to try a beta of an extremely terrible update.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?