News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

New Feature Preview Topic

Started by Atrius, 30, October, 2008, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Oh, you found it?  What was causing it?

Atrius (He/Him)

So many things...  Suffice it to say that although plugging a leak may be the right thing to do, even if it wasn't causing any major problems, that leak may have been keeping your container from overflowing all over things that really don't like getting wet.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

Ouch.  Sounds like it was a pain to deal with.

MaxiPower

ah new release, awsome dude. :D

sorry havent been on much, But summer here yeaoooooo!!!

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteFINALLY squashed a bug in v0.4 that was causing ROM corruptions.
Awesome, it must have taken you a long time to fix.
QuoteThe release will be before the end of June assuming no more program breaking bugs show up.
[/quote] Ofcourse, if you waited until July 4th we could enjoy the new release and watch fireworks at the same time! Then again, I think most people would perfer it in June. (Lol.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

MaxiPower

Quote from: charleysdrpepper on 09, June, 2011, 05:34:08 PM
QuoteThe release will be before the end of June assuming no more program breaking bugs show up.
Ofcourse, if you waited until July 4th we could enjoy the new release and watch fireworks at the same time! Then again, I think most people would perfer it in June. (Lol.)
[/quote]

Someone gag him :P

Quote from: MaxiPower on 15, June, 2011, 03:49:35 PM
Quote from: charleysdrpepper on 09, June, 2011, 05:34:08 PM
Ofcourse, if you waited until July 4th we could enjoy the new release and watch fireworks at the same time! Then again, I think most people would perfer it in June. (Lol.)

Someone gag him :P
[/quote]

Gag who? Kraden? I just did! Hopefully his lectures won't be bothering you anymore.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Salanewt

Great, I am looking forward to the update. Could you please remind us of the features that should be in this release?

QuoteOf course, if you waited until June 24th we could enjoy the new release and have plenty of time to try it out!

There, I corrected your comment. This is what you meant to say, right?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Quote from: Salanewt on 15, June, 2011, 06:39:46 PM
Great, I am looking forward to the update. Could you please remind us of the features that should be in this release?

QuoteOf course, if you waited until June 24th we could enjoy the new release and have plenty of time to try it out!

There, I corrected your comment. This is what you meant to say, right?

Oh yes, that's right. The July 4th thing was all Kraden's idea. Hehe..

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Rolina

But US Independence day is only celebrated by the American members.  Our members span the entire globe, CDP.  Canada, Dubai, Mumbai, and several other places all have representatives here.

Knight of Purgatory

How true.
But isn't this place meant for new features?
MOAR DARKNESS, MOAR COOKIES

Rolina

Aye, but one person wanted to delay the new release until US Independence day.  Cue most of the forum screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Quote from: Role on 16, June, 2011, 05:11:16 AM
But US Independence day is only celebrated by the American members.  Our members span the entire globe, CDP.  Canada, Dubai, Mumbai, and several other places all have representatives here.
That is correct. July 4th was about independence from England. I was also considering the fact that Atrius is an American as well, if I remember correctly. (Anyway, Just because it would be July 4th doesn't mean that everyone has to celebrate it, I mean, think of it like a coincidence.)

Anyway, I didn't say I actually wanted it delayed then, but I pretty much said it as a joke.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

dwkjohn

:?: How so? he seems great to me.
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

dwkjohn

somewhere I am pretty sure that he said it might be early july if not late june.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: AtriusThe release will be before the end of June assuming no more program breaking bugs show up.

This screenshot shows results of tests showing more program breaking bugs that showed up last week

These are the same tests ran last night

Feature wise v0.4 is ready for release, although the sprite editor is being held back due to a couple issues.  I'm just making sure I'm confident that everything is working the way it should be now.  The last thing I want to do is release something that's going to cause major issues corrupting everyone's work.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

dwkjohn

so will you release the editor with the finished sprite editor when its done or wait a few months and incude it in v0.5. I don't mind downloading a v0.45 cause I really want that sprite editor. I have spent hours scouring the web for anything like it. and I am so excited. even if I have to wait a few months. just take your time.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Quoteso will you release the editor with the finished sprite editor when its done or wait a few months and incude it in v0.5. I don't mind downloading a v0.45 cause I really want that sprite editor. I have spent hours scouring the web for anything like it. and I am so excited. even if I have to wait a few months. just take your time.
I have a feeling that the next release (after 0.4), whether it be a full version or not, will include the Sprites Editor. (Unless it is a bug fix version.) My guess is that it will probably be 0.4.1 if all the problems go away soon. Otherwise, if he gets into working on some other areas of the editor. (As in taking a break from the Sprites Editor.) It could probably end up being Version 0.5.

Quoteunderstandable and agreeable.
True.

QuoteFeature wise v0.4 is ready for release, although the sprite editor is being held back due to a couple issues.  I'm just making sure I'm confident that everything is working the way it should be now.  The last thing I want to do is release something that's going to cause major issues corrupting everyone's work.
You can do that and make a video at the same time!

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Mion Sonozaki

Looks like great progress is being made!

Scripts will be fun to mess with when the time comes :)

Rolina

So what time should we expect it?  Some time this week?