News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

It's been a long time.

Started by Menaus, 06, October, 2016, 06:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menaus

Hey all, how has it been?

It seems even as the years go by I'm still drawn back to this place. I came here excited to get into the editor, make some cool hacks, learn some code... yet, it seems in the end I didn't really do any of that. Instead, I just posted. I was always interested in the idea of hacking, but somehow I never really got into it. So I gave my thoughts and read the thoughts of others. And then, eventually, I left. I don't know when or why, but I did. And still, I feel drawn back. Maybe it's the forgotten aspiration to hack a few cool tweaks into Golden Sun... but, of course, that's not it at all. Instead, it's the nostalgia about the experiences I shared with everyone here, and about the relationships which formed between us that, I hope, weren't entirely one sided. Names and faces have changed, some have come, others gone, but I still remember some of the original names: Atrius, Jamietheflameuser, Salanewt, Role, Charon, Charleysdrpepper. And, there are more, I'm sure, so forgive me if I don't have an entirely perfect memory.

But, if we're honest, I probably wouldn't expect your memory of me to stick. I only have, what, 174 posts here? And somehow I think this forum is so important? The majority of my posts were in 2010, and most of the veterans have posts in the thousands, so what makes me so special? I've had far more posts in other forums, but I haven't felt the same way with them, so what gives? Maybe I feel such an attachment because this forum is a relic from before I moved from a big city to the middle of nowhere. Honestly, I don't know at all. In fact, this whole post is just a recycled version of previous posts I've already made in the past trying to become a regular again. So... we'll see if history repeats itself again.

Every time I try to clean up my bookmarks I take a look around to see if anyone's still hanging. And, surprisingly, here you all are, if the memories weren't an excuse enough to keep me from erasing this site.

I don't know if I'm back to stay, or if this will be another unfulfilled excursion to the GSHC, but for now I'll be here.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Atrius (He/Him)

Menaus... I remember that name.  Welcome back!
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Definitely remember you, good to see people still visit.

Salanewt

Oh hey, welcome back! I may as well mention that four of the six original names you listed are different right now (I'm Salanewt for reference, and I might be again soon enough). Been up to anything fun lately? It's nice to see you around again.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

I remember... Still afraid I might get the names Matrim and Menaus mixed up.
I would be the "Charleysdrpepper"... Since around 2011, I went by Teawater here, and in 2014, I became Mr. Foxy as I am now. (Well, Fox.) Fox is supposed to be temporary.

Heheh... You reminded me of this song:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

leaf

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Menaus

Heh, thanks for the warm reception.

QuoteBeen up to anything fun lately?

Right now, not much. I just finished high school this year, and now I'm working out exactly what happens next. I've gone through high school on the supposition that I'd go straight to college and get a degree in electrical engineering. Now, while I still have an interest in a career in that field, I've also taken a comparable interest in economics and in becoming an entrepreneur. Before that, though, I should also mention that I'm Mormon (specifically LDS), so I'm certainly going on a mission. For now, though I'm helping with my family-run business, so that'll give me some time to sort a few things out.
"You state that I have misinterpreted my results, and it looks as though you believe my views to be unsound. Your arguments are those of an eminent scholar. I was myself a fair scholar. For years I pondered, so to speak, day and night over books, and filled my head with sound views–very sound ones, indeed—those of others. But I could no[t] get to practical results. I then began to work and think independently. Gradually my views became unsound, but they conducted me to some sound results." - Nikola Tesla

Rolina

charon the ferryman

heeeeeeey~  :VenusSet: i remember you. we should have an old member meetup yeh

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Yep! I guess that just leaves Jamie? Wonder if he'll come back and say something... Although, I haven't seen much activity from him lately. :/

But I do trust that he is definitely one of those that would revisit at some point. (Most likely.) Edit: Oh wait. He was last active yesterday? Wasn't he? XD Nevermind, then.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)