Golden Sun Hacking Community
September 17, 2019, 04:49:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [RELEASE] Golden Sun Reloaded  (Read 143145 times)

I need saves to test encounters in GS Reloaded!

Excellent Member

Coins: 0

« Reply #615 on: September 11, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »

Hi Shogun, and thank you for the kind words!

Let's start with the easy stuff. The location is either the same as vanilla or changed according to the Treasures & Shops section in the opening post.

About the rest. Until now i tried to dodge the question with "use the editor" cause that's what i did at the beginning but in the end i had some spreadsheet to keep track of changes and compare values... which is what you need if you wanna optimize builds... and the editor just won't do.

There's an issue with those spreadsheets though... they're literally half in english and half in italian cause they weren't supposed to be seen by (or make sense for) anyone but me. It's still way better than using the editor alone, cause having all the values in a single page is WAY better than using the editor alone. As for the parts in italian, going back to the english name should be way faster than not using these docs at all.

So... I just uploaded them just the way they are. To make things a bit easier, since i don't have the time to fix all the names there, everyone is allowed to leave comments to ask questions, put english names where italian names are or whatever. Just use as you see fit.

Hope they'll still be useful.

Equipment doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x0HGGK5up3MWgbSgeysR8VQ3YzFT8YOy/edit#gid=140150310
Psynergy doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ub3UfJimPP7VcXcsZV45t0X8EMMTIWPM/edit#gid=1066041648

PS: How to comment: example in equipment, weapon, "Spada di Sol". Notice the yellow mark. Leave a comment on a cell by clicking on it with the right button of the mouse.
View Profile

New User

« Reply #616 on: September 11, 2019, 08:24:59 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply, Caledor! Reading the spreadsheets, and wondering why haven't you released them earlier... Everything is arranged extremely good and careful.

Followers of your hack can help you with commenting the names, and it is not so hard navigating. Will check it more thoroughly!

Congrats yet again for your efforts!  Idea Venus Mars Jupiter Mercury
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2019, 04:13:01 AM »

Exclamation Wow, that's some really good resources, that's great. Thanks Caledor! Joy
I've commented the translations on the names and some other things in the weapons page already  Happy I'll probably do the armor one next. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to start a new game to try out the latest patch (I played 1.71) but with that tiny change I once mentioned: Fire Breath (Acrobat and Dragon Helm) made into a MT EPA simillar to Shuriken to check that out.
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #618 on: September 12, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »

Exclamation Wow, that's some really good resources, that's great. Thanks Caledor! Joy
I've commented the translations on the names and some other things in the weapons page already  Happy I'll probably do the armor one next. Maybe tomorrow.
Well, i'm amazed. You commented perfectly all the weapons and armors in less than a day, reporting even a few discrepancies between the docs and the actual rom. Thank you very much for your efforts. Hell, it looks even better than if the name were in english from the start, since a lot of comments (that i wouldn't have enabled otherwise) expand on the abbreviations i used.

So, thanks again. The least i can do is check those discrepancies you meticulously reported on the doc.

Moreover, since this was such a huge success i'm also allowing comments on the class doc. There's a lot of potential for permanent discussion about very specific things that will simply get buried page after page here. Like commenting "how would you use this" on a class name or "why this stat is lower/higher than the one on X" on stats, or movesets... anything, actually. I just wrote a few comments myself.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:47:24 PM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile

Novice Member

« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »

Well, i'm amazed. You commented perfectly all the weapons and armors in less than a day, reporting even a few discrepancies between the docs and the actual rom. Thank you very much for your efforts. Hell, it looks even better than if the name were in english from the start, since a lot of comments (that i wouldn't have enabled otherwise) expand on the abbreviations i used.

So, thanks again. The least i can do is check those discrepancies you meticulously reported on the doc.

Oww, thanks! It's the least I could do as a "thank you!" for such a wonderful hack  Joy It wasn't all that hard, had the Editor in one hand and my spanish on the other, it's close enough  Happy The discrepancies are quite minor, but I didn't want other users being confused by the different numbers

Moreover, since this was such a huge success i'm also allowing comments on the class doc. There's a lot of potential for permanent discussion about very specific things that will simply get buried page after page here. Like commenting "how would you use this" on a class name or "why this stat is lower/higher than the one on X" on stats, or movesets... anything, actually. I just wrote a few comments myself.
This is great! As long as it doesn't rekindle the Jonin is OP discussion amirite?
View Profile

Excellent Member

« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:33 AM »

Quick v1.74 release. Fixes the errors reported on the doc by maxipotter and tweaks a few multiplier for classes i planned a looong time ago, but i felt that releasing them alone wasn't worth it.

Also i added a page on the class multiplier that lists the multipliers displayed by the editor, which are simply the in-game values doubled. If someone wants to check that i haven't screwed up, that's for them.

This is great! As long as it doesn't rekindle the Jonin is OP discussion amirite?
I'll probably just reply with a link to the page were we talked about it here :P
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 01:37:28 AM by Caledor » Logged
View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
September 10, 2019, 12:56:51 PM
Fox: Small corrections = If those images were uploaded via an account, you can still get them ... but Sept 16 is the last day.
September 10, 2019, 12:27:46 PM
Fox: I'm suprised many of the badges weren't put on the server... and now that tinypic has deleted them, they're gone forever. xD
September 05, 2019, 01:06:04 PM
Frog: wow, it's nice to see this place is still around :o
September 05, 2019, 12:07:44 PM
Fox: "them" as in their posts.
September 05, 2019, 12:07:03 PM
Fox: As in... look at all those users.... paiseo, notto1122,    jirapon, pubg1, nutseo6.... All of them. Are spambots with Thai language in them. xD So many of them... and nothing productive coming from any of them.  I bet it's the same person.
September 04, 2019, 08:48:35 PM
Fox: Every post with Thai language in it. I'm going to immediately assume is spam. For now one, until proven otherwise. xD
August 22, 2019, 12:53:38 PM
Omx7: A shame that I only recently discovered this website. Hopefully, we see Golden Sun 4 in the near future.
August 15, 2019, 04:08:47 PM
Fox: Golden Sun Slacking Community = I like that, Misery! Perfect April Fools joke?
August 13, 2019, 02:37:11 AM
Salanewt: Oh hey Atrius, long time no see!
August 12, 2019, 11:37:45 PM
Fox: (Someone else discovered that, not me.)
August 12, 2019, 11:33:42 PM
Fox: So um. It looks like abilties in the class editor are being put back in as a byte for GS1?
August 12, 2019, 08:02:58 PM
Fox: Also, it seems most of us have moved to the Discord. In case if you were wondering where the forums activity went. Maybe come by and check it out. But it is just a suggestion, you don't have to.
August 12, 2019, 07:57:02 PM
Fox: I figured that was a possibility. If you are guesting, it is hard to know how frequently you check back. It's great to hear from you, though. :)   What have you been up to?  Is Forgotten Dreams still being worked on, or has that been cancelled? (I'd guess you don't have much time for it. It's been years since we've last heard about it.)
August 12, 2019, 12:48:12 AM
KingAmiti: Still great work Atrius :)
August 11, 2019, 06:45:03 PM
Atrius: This place was a HUGE part of my life, and even though I don't have the time that it really deserves to take care of it, I will love it forever, and never forget about it..
August 11, 2019, 05:16:34 PM
Atrius: If anyone wants to make a replacement site then go for it.  Although I plan to keep this place up for the foreseeable future, it isn't really maintained anymore.
August 11, 2019, 05:09:10 PM
Atrius: Sometimes he comes by and looks around without logging in.
August 08, 2019, 11:52:33 AM
Fox: Does Atrius still come here? He hasn't logged in since last year. Maybe it is time to create a replacement site so we can have our full encyclopedia... Then again, I'm too lazy. Especially to get all that done by myself. :/
July 06, 2019, 03:44:41 AM
Salanewt: Oh, yeah there isn't an animation overhaul for GS1 sadly.
July 03, 2019, 04:54:58 PM
ryancaesar12345: GS2 Animation Overhaul w/ Baseline  ips patch in golden sun 1?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise