Golden Sun Hacking Community
April 20, 2018, 09:57:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Alex vs. The Wise One?  (Read 1023 times)

Novice Member

Coins: 0

« on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »

I can see why others might've been disappointed, if they'd been looking forward to the time Alex finally showed his hand...but I thought that ending was PERFECT for him.  I mean, Alex was cool and all...but he spent basically two entire games freeloading off of what everyone else did.  He...

--------------------
1) Has Saturos and Menardi do most of his dirty work for him, never even bothering to help them with their fights against Isaac and co.

2) Abandons Felix and co. the moment he realizes that they can't do everything for him.

3) He attempts to steal Piers's ship; then runs away the moment Piers gets back

4) He later threatens Felix and co. to hurry up and light the lighthouses...except, he can't actually do it himself. Instad, he has Agatio and Karst drop everything they're doing to sail AAALLLL the way to Champa; all because he can't do his own bullying.

5) Tells Agatio and Karst that he'll back them up against Isaac and co...then turns tail the moment the two parties actually meet.

6) Never attempts to help anyone light Mars Lighthouse.
--------------------

IMO, the ending is perfect for him.  The guy goes out exactly the same way he came in; TALKING a big game while doing absolutely nothing.

And what really made it perfect (and hilarious)?  The Wise One dropkicks him out of the ending while doing the EXACT same thing to Alex that Alex had been doing to everything else; speaking very politely to Alex while insulting him at the same time.  And somehow, the Wise One does it without even being that mean about it.

I personally LOVED the scene; but I can see how it might've rubbed others the wrong way.. What do you all think?
View Profile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
Today at 02:46:36 PM
KyleRunner: Atrius!!
Yesterday at 11:29:46 PM
Atrius: @Fox, I tried, but for some reason Mario Golf won't boot, and Mario Tennis crashes when you patch out the text compression, and I'm not sure why...  The normal text loading functions in them are basically the same as the ones in the Golden Sun games.
April 16, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
Drake baku: So it took about halve a hour of letting my lap stay off for it to suddenly work again
April 16, 2018, 07:31:28 AM
Drake baku: All of a sudden fox his editor gets errors. When trying to start it, thing worked fine yesterday...
April 14, 2018, 01:04:37 PM
Fox: @Mario Golf/text editing = Nope... And it may be awhile yet. I think I looked into it before... (at least for GS1)... but usually is the case when I come across a particular problem, that it can delay a solution for an extremely long time.
April 12, 2018, 04:27:14 PM
KyleRunner: Gee... never used discord...
April 12, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Drake baku: I take it back, found it
April 12, 2018, 06:02:01 AM
Drake baku: But there is no discord link to be found
April 12, 2018, 06:01:44 AM
Drake baku: Everyone is on discord
April 11, 2018, 09:44:06 PM
KyleRunner: Fox, what about that tool for editing text in Mario Golf? Didi you finish it? If not, can you make a version of gstoolkit compatible with it?
April 11, 2018, 07:41:25 AM
Drake baku: Mauw
March 30, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
Salanewt: Hi!
March 29, 2018, 07:37:45 PM
ThanatosTheDark: YYEEEOOOOOO
March 12, 2018, 02:21:06 AM
Fox: say*
March 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM
Fox: I saw we need an event this April Fools/Easter... because two holidays are in one, why would we not want to miss having something special? (Unfortunately, there's no one here to make an event be successful.)
March 12, 2018, 02:18:17 AM
Fox: And since that's the case...  I have thought of another fun experiment idea. - What if we had an auction on who should run this site, and waited for 10 people to bid and also for a bare minimum of 24 hours. Who would bid the highest, and how much would that bid be? - The idea is more for lulz (Maybe for April Fools?), and a theory to get an idea of how much the site might be worth as well.
March 11, 2018, 03:02:31 AM
Fox: Creepy, isn't it?
March 10, 2018, 02:19:04 AM
Fox: It's frog legs now.. It's something that's dead, but somehow still manages to wiggle.
March 09, 2018, 04:12:17 AM
JamietheFlameUser: I think this place is still dead.
March 02, 2018, 09:43:18 AM
Pkmn-Master: Lol I haven't been here in like 6 years. How is everyone?

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise