News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Hi, how are you, guys? I am new here.

Started by ilikegoldensu, 25, August, 2018, 04:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like golden sun?

yes
2 (100%)
yes
0 (0%)
yes
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

ilikegoldensu

:happy: :Felix: :JupiterSet:
For my introduction, I just want to say to all of your guys. And if possible, I want to ask a question. Do we have any tutorial for how to use our Editor? I really got confused when I first time used it.
For myself, I played the Goldensun series since I was a child, and it turned out to be most awarding experience I ever had in my life. In fact, I always dreaming if I ever have a chance to replay this game in a different way. Yeah, like hacking. 
Anyway, really happy to join this community ! :MercuryDjinni: :happy:

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Hello, and welcome to the Community!

Not really sure of a tutorial for the editor... it's mostly open the ROM in it, edit stuff, test in-game (via an emulator like VisualBoyAdvance) to make sure it works as you want/etc.

Speaking of tutorials... Mind if I just go straight to the golden nugget and teach you what I know about ARM assembly? You know like... do it right now?  Haha... Naw, I'm pretty sure that's not a good place to start.

Not much going on here, but I hope you are a wonderful member, I mean.... that you have a wonderful time here! (Well, both.) 

You forgot a "no" option in your poll.
I want to say "no because it was rushed!"
(Well, actually, answer's yes, so you got me. I guess...)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

ilikegoldensu

:happy: :MercuryDjinni: :Felix:

Thanks for greeting. I will be here for a long time.

Atrius (He/Him)

Hey there,

Regrettably I haven't really made an official guide for using the editor past the first release, and there have been a lot of really good contributions after the last version I've personally released.  It's really good to see that there are still people interested in it though, and I'm sure if you have any specific questions there are people around that know a lot more than I do that would be glad to help you out.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

ilikegoldensu

Quote from: Atrius on 21, October, 2018, 04:33:56 AM
Hey there,

Regrettably I haven't really made an official guide for using the editor past the first release, and there have been a lot of really good contributions after the last version I've personally released.  It's really good to see that there are still people interested in it though, and I'm sure if you have any specific questions there are people around that know a lot more than I do that would be glad to help you out.

Thanks, I really appreciate that you said that. Actually, I had one big question right now.
Most of time when I trying to open the editor, it is not working. and shows that "trigger: 0 " or something else.
Do you know any way to fix it, please tell me if you heard something about that before.
By the way, I am currently using Window 10 system.