Golden Sun Hacking Community
November 21, 2019, 01:30:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   DC Wiki Help Search Calendar Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AI Overhaul - Progress  (Read 1106 times)
Salanewt
His Sexiness
Global Moderator

Oh yeah, baby!

Prodigy

Coins: 0

I am: A part of the organization of Cool Cats, but more of a dog person in reality.
Emblems: Have a nice day.

« on: August 13, 2019, 02:48:05 AM »

Hey everyone! Just giving a quick status update about the state of the AI Overhaul. Most people who follow it in the Discord will know already, so I'm doing this for the two or three of you who aren't active in there.

The goal is as follows: I am finishing these recoil effects I want to add (mostly functional now, just need to finish coding the actual ability effects + PP recoil). When that is done, I'll be working really hard on a v0.5 gameplay demo and partially releasing the overhaul itself for testing. However, I don't plan to put the base overhaul on the forum because I want to minimize any confusion in the future about people installing the wrong thing. The demo will likely be put up on here for ease of access.

Some of the big ticket inclusions we have so far are Reflect, a reformed Reflux/counterattack, Psy-Poison, reworked enemy behaviours (a little so far, including smarter item use), move priority brackets, and an expanded "ability properties" table that controls for things like effect success rates, summon damage modifiers, and assigned text strings for select moves. There are a number of other things too, but these are some of the things that come up the most in discussions.

Plans for the future include charm and confuse, a reworked djinni manipulation system, enemy summon and djinni use, an enemy behaviour table, and new attack patterns that check for things like current level, level differences, and hard mode. A lot of that is up in the air still.

The demo is a gameplay demo with other, non-overhaul inclusions and changes. The main goal is to test some of the big ticket and other inclusions in a way that is guided so that players aren't exposed to everything all at once. The plan is to have it end with Aqua Hydra, while featuring Valukar as a bonus boss. Should be fun!

I'll likely update this topic when both things are ready.

Edit:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:51:34 AM by Salanewt » Logged

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?
View Profile WWW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cbox
November 14, 2019, 01:50:02 PM
Fox: So like... a layers offset might normally be located at +0xC, but in Tennis, it is at +0x10)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:51 PM
Fox: (Talking about the data in map header thingy.)
November 14, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Fox: So took a look at Tennis.... Seems Atrius's editor displays all maps incorrectly because he forgot that some stuff was offsetted by 4 (You know with everything from layer offsets and files/etc.)  Fix that, and it seems to display properly. Hm.
November 14, 2019, 06:18:29 AM
Fox: That is a quote I found somewhere. How amusing. xD
November 14, 2019, 06:18:06 AM
Fox: only canadians give up dont be a canadian
November 11, 2019, 03:27:02 AM
Salanewt: Especially since there might be a v0.5.1.1 in the near future, if any bugs are found by people playing the demo.
November 11, 2019, 03:26:38 AM
Salanewt: Oh yeah, so for people who aren't aware; v0.5.1 of the AI Overhaul is available on the Discord, but I'm delaying the creation of a downloads page + topic until I finish the demo.
November 02, 2019, 12:05:31 PM
Fox: And yeah, there's a topic for the Discord. in News & Announcements (http://forum.goldensunhacking.net/index.php?topic=2831.0)
November 02, 2019, 11:55:00 AM
Fox: Went to go study some German a little earlier. (Using duolingo to give it a try.) ... And. Huh. German capitalizes all nouns? (Not necessarily pronouns, though.)
November 01, 2019, 07:49:25 AM
thenightsshadow: Didn't realize there was a Discord at all.
October 31, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
Fox: (Which I guess not having Special badges in inventory was by purpose.... So I'll ifnore that bit. Just whats with the dup Halloween badge in inv?)
October 31, 2019, 07:18:26 AM
Fox: Question about badges = Why do I have two of the same Halloween badge in my inventory... but not on my profile? And by two, I mean the Honk badge is not there.
October 31, 2019, 06:56:26 AM
Fox: Does tns want to join the most active part of GSHC? - Its Discord? :D  And welcome back!
October 31, 2019, 06:52:17 AM
Fox: (Ofcourse it would be capitalized if it were the name of a system, and anytime that system would be referenced... but I'm more going with why we *never* see Psynergy and Djinni not capitalized.)
October 31, 2019, 06:49:58 AM
thenightsshadow: Yeah, just kinda got an email out of nowhere and it reminded me.
October 31, 2019, 06:42:40 AM
Fox: and main reason I said "not intended to become part of English" ... was because I thought of words like "animals"... and they can technically still be lowercase at times.
October 31, 2019, 06:41:17 AM
Fox: group/type/thing/whatever
October 31, 2019, 06:38:54 AM
Fox: Not saying it is exacly that... but it is a thought, at least.
October 31, 2019, 06:36:41 AM
Fox: I mean like... when you're naming a person... the object of the game is to make up a name... (Although, I think capitalization is more for formality.) ... so... when you're coming up with a name like Psynergy or Djinni, I figure it is a similar approach. Just more for a group rather than a single being.
October 31, 2019, 06:30:01 AM
Fox: "part"..... but that too, I guess. Also, there may be scenarios where item and status are lowercase.

Affiliates
Temple of Kraden Golden Sunrise