News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

What would our avatars be in a GS game?

Started by Rolina, 20, October, 2009, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolina

Well, if you were to have a non-generic sprite, what would it be?

Salanewt

Hm... This gives me an idea. How about we use generic sprites, but add some modifications to them so you can tell that they are not the same old sprites used in the game?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Depends.  I think that it should be up to the individual what their sprite is.  If you want a pre-existing sprite, what would it be?

Salanewt

Oh, lol, I do not want one. I like your idea for a Dinox sprite, but I would not mind adding a tiny bit more detail to it.

For example... How does a Blue Dinox with a black cape (and maybe hood) sound?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Don't clutter it up too much, or it'll look like crap.  Remember, these are small sprites - 32x32 max size. If you try to add too much, it'll look like crap.

Salanewt

That is true. Anyway, it would only be a small cape, like the biddle of the body (so a tiny bit of the tail is seen). Also, I am kind of doubtful of the hood part... Perhaps I will make the compass sprites for it soon.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Don't forget, we've gotta make the Dinox overworld sprite itself, since no overworld sprite exists for that monster.

Salanewt

Oh yes, this is true. Okay then, I suppose I can work on this sprite soon, since I am planning a new third hack idea for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and I have to make some sprites. One will be Mario and Yoshi, one a community hack, and the other... Well, how does Mario and Luigi: The Golden Sun sound to you? Basically, everythign in the game will have Golden Sun graphics (if the game allows it), and the story will be changed, lol.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

You're going off topic there.  Also, that name is kinda... not fitting of a M&L game.

Salanewt

True, then I suppose I can leave the Mario and Luigi part out.

Also, to get back on topic... Yeah, I can make the sprites tomorrow, since somebody found some of my videos, and I practically elected myself a sprite-making slave, so i should have enough time tomorrow to make any programmer sprites if anyone wants them.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

In that case, see the Prism Mage in my siggy?  Make a GS version of it. 

Salanewt

Sure! By the way, you want the purple one, right?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Salanewt

All right then. I will make the Golden Sun based sprites first, since I have been here longer (and making sprites almost from scratch is more fun than just copying them).

So... Does anybody else want me to make them sprites? We have:

Role = Prism Mage
Salanewt = Dinox Pet

Have a nice day.

Charon

Quote from: Role on 10, November, 2009, 05:59:12 PM
Well, if you were to have a non-generic sprite, what would it be?
Actually, I'd rather be a generic sprite. Most of the time the cameos use generic sprites anyhow - no need to take up sprite space for something as subtle as that, in my opinion (although Camelot obviously doesn't agree with me on this one!)

Salanewt

How do you mean? Oh wait, the beta elf sprite? I don't think that it was planned as a Link cameo, but rather that it might have been a beta Lemurian sprite maybe?

Have a nice day.

squizzy44

If I were a GS sprite i Would be a small mercury adept with a pack of ravenous dogs around me.

(i was attacked by 3 dogs lat tuesday.)

Salanewt

Wow, that isn't good.

Anyway, thanks for posting here, I completely forgot about the sprites. Anyway, I will definitely work on them this weekend, since I have placed almost every unused sprite that I can find on paper, and will have some time to make them.

I will not post them here though.

Before I finish... Squizzy? Do you want me to make your sprites, or are you fine?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Quote from: squizzy44 on 20, November, 2009, 01:19:45 AM
If I were a GS sprite i Would be a small mercury adept with a pack of ravenous dogs around me.

(i was attacked by 3 dogs lat tuesday.)
Noted.  I shall implement a shoutout to that event by having a mercury adept being ripped to shreds by dog-monsters in one of my hacks.  You have to take down the dogs, but it's too late for the mercury adept...

squizzy44

but,but... i survived, i think.

@salanewt:it's up to you, i won't be able to because i completely suck at creating things. i seem to be good at destroying things though, i have gone through 10 golden sun roms.