News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Suzu's GS portraits

Started by suzumebachi, 25, October, 2009, 12:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzumebachi

Mix up, perhaps? Where's Prism Mage from? Final Fantasy?

Salanewt

Yes, it was a mixup.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: suzumebachi on 07, November, 2009, 10:22:09 PM
Mix up, perhaps? Where's Prism Mage from? Final Fantasy?
Red Mage AND Prism Mage are from Disgaea.  Look at the sprites in my siggy - Red Mage is the first, Prism is the 5th.

Salanewt

Oh cool, I did not know that. I assumed that Red Mage was from Final Fantasy because, well... They have one too.

Also, when can we expect more portraits Suzume?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

To alleviate that, I altered my siggy.  Good thing, too.  Apparently the sprites that I'd used to make it?  They were DOUBLE SIZE. @_@

No wonder they looked weird on my resolution.  Fixed them, now they're size-accurate, and labeled!  Plus, I'm gonna start rotating my avi... Papa's gonna be making me a tool to allow me to do so automatically and still have it work on forums! Go Papa! :heart:

Other than Atrius, my Papa's the best programmer I know!  Not a big gamer, though, so don't ask him to help out on the project.

Anywho, I hope the labeling and what not will help quite a bit in terms of terminology for what I ask for.  After all, my in-game cameo/programmer's joke sprite will be a prism mage, done GS style...

suzumebachi

I could do some more tomorrow (we have the day off because of Veterans' Day), but I usually do them on request. Tomorrow, I'll revise Role's Prism Magey icon. And regarding the 16-color-palette on icons, I'm not sure if this applies to the portraits, because, for example, Sheba's background color doesn't seem to be on the 16 color, and her hair has at least 2 shades of yellow that are not listed (I just happen to have Sheba's icon on my desktop and was looking at it earlier)

Atrius (He/Him)

They do have a 16 color limit, but they don't use the same palette as icons.  They each have their own custom 16 color palette (One of which must be transparent, but often isn't used, so really 15 color palette)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

So basically, any 15 colors, so long as the R, G, and B values on the colors are multiples of 8.

suzumebachi

Okai, that means I get to make my own palettes XD

But that still will need work, considering quite a few have a lot more colors than 15....

Rolina

Not to mention they probably have color values that can't be displayed.

suzumebachi

I reduced Role's icon to 16 colors, but have one question regarding "multiples of 8".... Are these the numberd in the Hexidecimal code? if so, what are the letters? if not, how do you get these numbers?

Role + some edits

Rolina

Decimal: 00, 08, 16, 24, 32, 40, etc...
Hex:  00, 08, 10, 18, 20, 28, etc...

So for hex, it's 8 and 0 only for the 1s digit, and any number up to F for the 10s digit.

Examples:

#F05898, or R240 G88 B152
#9020E8, or R144 G32 B232
#38C078, or R56 G192 B120

suzumebachi

Hmm... okay. Can I assume #FFFFFF can be used, although F is not 8 or 0?

Atrius (He/Him)

No, the closest you can get to white is #F8F8F8
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]