News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Screen recording + USB headset

Started by weckar, 03, October, 2009, 10:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weckar

Okay, I've been trying to make some recordings. I've used multipl screen recorders (Fraps, Zealsoft Super just to name a few) and they all seem to have the same problem: when I'm using my headset, any Audio going to it is not recorded, yet any audio from the built-in microphone is! Now, if I set it to directly record off the sound card, 2 problems arise: 1. the sound is coming through my speakers instead of the headset, and 2. it's not icking up the mic at all anymore.

Anyone here have any experience with these matters?

MaxiPower

Dont have direct Experience however a bit of advice would be to record separately first the video, using Cam Studio etc then record your voice into Audacity whilst watching the video and matching the parts up.

weckar

While that would work in theory, it poses two problems:
1. I'd have to post-commentate, which I'm utterly terrible at
2. I still wouldn't be able to record the pc audio unless I listen to the pc speakers, and I've kinda grown fond of the privacy a headset provides.

Thanks for trying though!

twocows

Just record the audio with a different program and sync them up later. You might have to do a bit of stretching or crunching to get them to sync well, though.