News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Game spritesheets

Started by Salanewt, 12, December, 2009, 10:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hello. This topic can be used to post any spritesheets that you have made (be it custom or from a game) of any character or new creation, and it can be based on any game pretty much, since these are spritesheets. Please remember that if you want Golden Sun based sprites to appear in the hack, you have to ask either myself or any other community artist, or someone of higher authority (for the community hack, who cares what you put in your hack). Other than that side note, this is just for FUN (or to show off some sprites that you have ripped/created)!

Shall I upload some? Well, I have to find the spritesheet(s) again, but I do remember uploading some a while ago.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Oops, forgot to put something in the edit... And I forget what that was, so...

Edit 2: NOW I remember what the previous edit was for. You have to ask us in a private message, but only if we think that they are worthy (better yet, just use this topic for fun, and keep community hack stuff out of it, unless necessary).

Edit 3: Spritesheet? Okay. This is the first spritesheet that contains a lot of beta sprites from Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

squizzy44

Is that link from zelda minish cap?

Atrius (He/Him)

No, it's not exactly the same style.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

It is different, but there are some slight similarities (hard to avoid similarities with Toon Link though). It is unfortunate that Nintendo decided to do away with the unused Starbeans events before these characters were finished, since most of them are horribly underdeveloped (looking at Link's "16", which is attached to every one of his sprites).

Well, I might upload the second sheet soon. The first one mostly covers the lost cameo sprites, as well as a few other beta sprites before going into the second one.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Talking of sprites. I need sprites for my Golden Sun Chronicles videos. (not a full spritesheet like, front, back and side) any spriters here got any advice on making them or want to help

Atrius (He/Him)

I'll give you a hint how I did my custom GS style sprite test:

3D Modeling
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

my God thats badass, thats exctaly what im looking for, is it hard to use? im gonna get it right away... PS may i use that one (need a ton of characters for story progression

credit will go to you 100%

-PS is that the name of the program? just 3d Moddelling

Salanewt

So that is how you made the sprites... Looks nice. By the way, was the 3D modelling done with a Java-related program/method, or is there another program involved? I am just wondering because I might have to do something like this next semester.

I might as well upload another spritesheet.

Most of these sprites should be somewhat obvious if you have played the game before. If not, then I might as well say that this is the second part of the last spritesheet, and most of these characters are not as well known as, say, Link.

Have a nice day.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh ... 3D modeling huh? I am interested....

Additionally, I have a spritesheet for one character (done by printscreen/screenshot method) from Bowser's Inside Story.

Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Atrius (He/Him)

Most 3D rendering programs would work, I use Maya though.

I probably shouldn't have posted that sprite sheet actually, it's not my character design to give other people permission to use.

MaxiPower

What years your Mayas software and how much it cost?

Edit 1. nevermind, just went and got the newst version 2010. 

Edit 2. Theres no way im gonna make anything in this... way to advance for me, to many options..

Salanewt

Yes, it does seem somewhat advanced. Also, Maxipower? I'm sorry, but because of this new assignment that I got (and have been asking for for the past month), I might not be able to work on the sprites. I would do so anyway, but I do not want to have this work while I am away, since it is due almost as soon as I get back.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 15, December, 2009, 01:32:03 PM
Yes, it does seem somewhat advanced. Also, Maxipower? I'm sorry, but because of this new assignment that I got (and have been asking for for the past month), I might not be able to work on the sprites. I would do so anyway, but I do not want to have this work while I am away, since it is due almost as soon as I get back.

Have a nice day.

No problem dude... i,ll sort something out

MaxiPower

My first few sprites, whilst they are not the greatest and are merely pallette swaps, at least i can do simple ones, on one of them i switched a head from one sprite on to another

My personal favourite...

Name: Sakum
Saturn Adept - The Silver Moons equlivent of Fire / Mars
Age 19
Will feature as a protaginst in season 2 of Golden Sun Chronicles

Salanewt

Oh cool, those are nice sprites! Please keep them up, since I would like to see more.

Oh yes, I might upload a spritesheet of a Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time Yoshi, recoloured slightly and new directions added. I will wait for a bit longer though...

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Thanks Salanewt, i,ll upload a few more that ive got done and when i get home from work will continue them

This was the orignial one of these four

and these three are mine

Salanewt

Very well done, but I have one question. You have sideways and both diagonal directions, but where are the other two (^ and v)?

^
  \   /
<     >
 /   \
   V
It looks like you are only posting six out of the 8 possible directions.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

hmm well this spritesheet here is in the game and thats all the directions it features

and like i said before i dont need full sprite sheets for my videos so im happy with what i got, however there not hack worthy if their missin directions

Salanewt

Hm... Oh yeah, now I remember her. Also, your point makes sense.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

He's making NPCs.  They only have six directions.  Player characters have eight.