News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. series fan club

Started by Salanewt, 14, December, 2009, 06:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Kirby is spammy, but I can tolerate both him and Meta Knight.

Link? Maybe Toon Link a tiny bit, but normal Link can only be spammy if you use his spammy moves all the time.

Yoshi? Only when his moves are used too often. Otherwise, he is the ulimate (at least when I use him). I beat All Star's Insane mode with Yoshi.

Pikachu? Definitely. However, I don't use him often myself.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Pit can be pretty spammy too, but he's fun to spam with. It's annoying when people just spam in an ordinary strategy, but when you push Ganon off the stage by spinning the bow like a record, behind his back so he doesn't notice until it's too late? That, my friend, is comedic gold. And that is why Pit is awesome.

/lolwut

Mastermind

I've always seen fox as a character with a lot of spamming potential. That's probably because I've seen him used like that a lot.

Aile~♥

Brawl hax news: LLOYD IRVING FOR BRAWL!

Also, spammy Cloud is spammy.

I dunno if people call their attacks in FF7 (I've never played it), but if they do, it'd be like:

RISING FANG! RISING FANG! RISING FANG! RISING FANG!
CLIMHAZZARD! RISING FANG! CLIMHAZZARD! FINISHING TOUCH! CLIMHAZZARD! FINISHING TOUCH! CLIMHAZZARD! FINISHING TOUCH! /spam

Fox and Pit are spammy, but I like both of them.

Also, META KNIGHT for SPAM TIER! *machtornadomachtornadomachtornado* *dimensionalcapedimensionalcapedimensionalcape*
And then you finish with... SHUTTLE LOOP! *enemy dies*
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Charon

Played as Pit again. I got second place! Pretty good for a beginner! He's quite fun to use ^-^

Aile~♥

Pit IS fun to use. It's kinda funny when some guy's trying to charge at you, and then you just stop them in their tracks with a single arrow, then go sideB spam on them. Not sure WHY it's funny, it just is.

Charon

It's especially funny when that "someone" is that giant turtle from hell.

Salanewt

Who, Bowser? He isn't bad, but it would be awesome if someone could give him a Dark Bowser skin, from Bowser's Inside Story.

Hey, leaf? Do you know if it is possible to add new skins yet, instead of just replacing existing ones? I would not mind duplicating the green skin to have other colours, like purple or orange. Black or White Yoshi would be awesome too.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Bowser is bad! He's so slow, even Ganondork is faster!

And his final smash sucks (Super Mushroomed Bowser is stronger than Giga Bowser).

Salanewt

I know, but I am sure that there are people who are good with him. I would be, but I just do not like using slow characters (he does also have a similar move to Yoshi, downB). While Super Mushroom Bowser may be stronger, Giga Bowser can not be sent flying off of the stage, no matter the HP%, right?

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

True, but this is his FINAL SMASH.

Wario's final smash is WAY better than Bowser's. Yes, that's right, WARIO.

The only slow character I like is Ike, because his attacks land with heavy thunks that make it so you can really feel it when you hit an enemy.

Salanewt

Yeah, that is why a friend of mine, who used to go by the username of Masterofdel, likes him.

Yeah, Wario's is better for a Final Smash.

Personally, I think Yoshi has one of the best Final Smashes though. You can control it, you can shoot fireballs, and you can damage just by touching an enemy (oh, and flying too). The only problem is that it almost has a lag, so you can not control it as easily as you can control regular walking.

By the way, do you have Wi-fi yet? I want to get it this summer, so I can play with others again. It would be neat to play against some of you too, so I can demonstrate just a small fraction of Yoshi's power (heck, I do not even need items to demonstrate anything, including Smash Orbs).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Salanewt

Sorry? I do not understand that pun.

Anyway, I already stated my best character (and a few other characters that I can use), but I do not recall mentioning that I used to use Diddy Kong (before Masterofdel would not let me...). I might try him again, since he does have some pretty neat attacks.

Have a nice day.

Charon

I'm getting better with Pit. I still need to get better though - I have only played twice after all.

OMGOMGOMG FUNNY STORY:
My opponents in this one match were Falco, Metaknight and Samus. I was Pit. A lot of the characters had a hard time keeping their balance and were jumping around a lot (Skyworld lol), but then SAMUS GOT AN EFFING SUPER SMASH BEAM AND MANAGED TO KILL ALL THREE OF US AT THE SAME TIME. Seriously, Falco was right in the middle of the beam, Metaknight got hit next, and I ALMOST MADE IT OUT OF THERE... but my recovery jumps ran out and I died too. SONOVABEEOTCH. Ha, we all had a good laugh at that though. Falco was knocked right out, so we kept fighting for about 30 seconds, and some STUPID EFFING KID HAS TO WALK RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME (irl), RESULTING IN THE PLUMMET TO MY DEATH. I was pissed at him for such an act of stupidity.

Salanewt

I sense a new addiction setting in. Don't worry though, Pit is a good character to learn how to use. In fact, up until a few months ago, I used to play almost every day. I reckon that if you get both a Wii and this game yourself, you will probably fall into similar playing habits that I once had.

Have a nice day.

Charon

In all real-time fighting games/RPGs, I always prefer using characters with similar physics as Pit. The only thing I wish is that he wasn't so floaty, but most of the other Brawl characters are really floaty too. Meh.

leaf

Jamie, if we're talking vbrawl, bowser is way better than ganon, if only because of one move: upB. Ganon is probably the worst character in the game >_>

Anyway, sala, if you really wanna play people here... I guess I could subject myself to some brawl for a little bit. I'm really not a fan of the game, though.

My FC is 2449-4328-2244.

edit: Oh, and no, you can't add new slots for textures, yet. Still stuck with replacing.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

If you dislike floatiness (fake word alert :!:), then you should play Melee. I must warn you though, most of the characters look much worse, and Pit did not make it in (except as a 3D trophy, a hint that a 3D Pit was being made (but probably not realized to be a hint when it first came out)). Otherwise, the heavier characters are the least likely to seem floaty.

Personally though, I love the reduced gravity, since Yoshi was harder to control in Melee because of the gravity.

Really? I thought you were leaf. By the way, thanks for the friend code! Mine is in my signature.

Have a nice day.

leaf

If you're free, we can play right now.

And I said I'm not a fan of brawl. I like brawl+ and now especially Project M (which is still being worked on, and I'm lucky enough to be part of the dev team). I don't play too much brawl+ anymore, either, instead favoring melee and PM.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]