News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Wow that was a close one....! To close infact.

Started by MaxiPower, 18, December, 2009, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

Got paid today from my wages and well went onto ebay, just happened to search up Golden Sun and to my delight there was the orignial game, factory sealed in excellent condition for 99pence thats about 1.60 dollars so i bought without question.

Few minutes i got an email

and i noticed it was just under £100 thats 160 Dollars

i nearly took a heart attack went to ebay and saw that there was no refunds, luckily though i emailed him, and he understood and said he wouldnt do this to me this side of christmas....

I know i should concentrate more when spending cash but i thought i was getting a bargin...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

OMG WTF!? you gotta watch out on Ebay. I have a friend who bought a Wii, but he ended up WITH A BOX OF BRICKS!! (lol)

MaxiPower

No way lol, did he complain? I use ebay alot like and have yet to lose anything due to theft or whatnot, but yea i understand the dangers are their, the dearest thing i bought of ebay was my electro/acoustic Guitar. I dont think i would ever buy consoles of it though after reading that.

Just depends who you get im sure, if they dont have atleast 99% good rep and less than 200 iteams sold then i would pass.

Charon

Yikes...

See if you can find one in a local Gamestop. If not...

...I'd just rom it.

MaxiPower

ohh i have the cough cough and i have the hard copy also, i just wanted to get a sealed copy, I also wanted the EU version as i imported the US copy years ago when i couldnt find one in my local game and gamestop, however dont one thing that was off putting in the US version is how crap the instruction manual is its like 8 pages, whilst my EU copy of TLA is like the bible...

another thing is whilst the US game played on my console allright it was a tight fit putting it into the slot.

Rolina

"New and factory sealed."

Also known as:

"Never removed from box"

This is MINT CONDITION, and meant not to be played, but as a collector's item.  You REALLY need to pay attention. 

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 18, December, 2009, 12:41:41 PM

Also known as:

"Never removed from box"

This is MINT CONDITION, and meant not to be played, but as a collector's item.  You REALLY need to pay attention.  

I know its never been removed from its box, why do you think i would buy it if i have it, i wanting it for collecting

btw when i said i wanted to see the book i was referring to buying athird copy to open, to be truthful, its the only game series i would do it with.

hmm reading my message it seems i counterdicted myself

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Atrius (He/Him)

I believe Role was talking to Charon, Maxipower.

Man, If I saw an unopened copy of Golden Sun for 1.60$ that would immediately set off alarms in my head.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Atrius on 18, December, 2009, 01:32:24 PM
I believe Role was talking to Charon, Maxipower.

Man, If I saw an unopened copy of Golden Sun for 1.60$ that would immediately set off alarms in my head.
If I saw an unopened copy of Golden Sun for 1.60$ I'd buy it. But my copy of TLA costed TWICE that much 'cause it was being sold unboxed in Gamestation.

MaxiPower

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 18, December, 2009, 01:25:41 PM
Hey, so how many copies do have anyway?

I have one copy of the orignial and two of TLA, i bought the second TLA to see what the vs battleing was like

Charon

Quote from: Role on 18, December, 2009, 12:41:41 PM

Also known as:

"Never removed from box"

This is MINT CONDITION, and meant not to be played, but as a collector's item.  You REALLY need to pay attention.  
Yikes. Well, it's a bit of a slip up to think a mint copy of a game's gonna sell for under a buck POUND anyhow. lol

Rolina

Yup, that's what it is.  That's why I, for example, am willing to pay 100 bucks for a doll.  Plus shipping.  I collect them.

And no, not those lame fall-apart-when-you-glance-in-their-general-direction American Dolls.  I mean the high quality Japanese ones.

Like you see here: http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=588_90_1426&products_type=1
It's the 1/8th scale PVCs I like to collect.

People are willing to dish out a lot of money to collect things.  It's not a waste of money to them, it's... Well, you'd understand it if you were a collector. 

MaxiPower

I would only ever go out of my way to collect something if say they were all in the same set.

for example if i collected dolls (which i dont) i would require them to be all the same size and build.

Rolina

I demand quality and cuteness.  It has to be cute, and it needs to not be a piece of crap.  No barbies for me.  Give me a barbie and you'll find it on fire on your front porch.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 19, December, 2009, 08:55:05 AM
I demand quality and cuteness.  It has to be cute, and it needs to not be a piece of crap.  No barbies for me.  Give me a barbie and you'll find it on fire on your front porch.
Ha Ha Ha, yeah I got a TEDDY BEAR for my TENTH birthday 10 Min's after I got it it was smoldering on my aunties door step. NO ONE GIVES ME A TEDDY BEAR AND GETS AWAY WITH IT ^-^

Charon

Quote from: Role on 18, December, 2009, 11:34:57 PM
Yup, that's what it is.  That's why I, for example, am willing to pay 100 bucks for a doll.  Plus shipping.  I collect them.

And no, not those lame fall-apart-when-you-glance-in-their-general-direction American Dolls.  I mean the high quality Japanese ones.

Like you see here: http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=588_90_1426&products_type=1
It's the 1/8th scale PVCs I like to collect.

People are willing to dish out a lot of money to collect things.  It's not a waste of money to them, it's... Well, you'd understand it if you were a collector. 
I understand that (I have seen some myself and I would buy them if I had the money), it's that I had an attention-span lapse moment. XD

I used to collect the Pokemon toys though... now it's those squeezy-Audubon birds that chirp when you squish them :3333