News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Music

Started by Drick, 27, February, 2010, 03:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drick

Hey guys geuss what I still lurk here occasionally, go figure

SO YEAH this topic

What's your favorite songs, bands/groups, or music genres?

I'm into electronic rock, techno and stuff like that. My favorite band is Pendulum. My favorite songs of thiers are Propane Nightmares and Turantula.

I've been listening to a lot of Duane and BrandO lately too, since I bought thier album. These guys make rap songs out of instrumentals of old nintendo games.

Here's an Example: Final Fantasy

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I listen to metal and I could literally talk your ears off about it, which I dun't wanna do. I've been listening to a lot of Onmyouza recently and my favorite song of theirs is Tsuki ni kusamura kumo hana ni kazehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwpadaWM9EE What do you think of them (and their singer, Kuro Neko (Black Cat, wasn't that the name of an animated tv series?) (I don't know how on earth she got that name, so don't ask me)

Aile~♥

This song is freaking awesome.

I've already shown all you guys this, but it's just that awesome.

I also like the Kongo Jungle music from Smash Bros. Melee.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Insularity

Awesome sig thanks to Akiko of the ToK!

Quote from: Hellfire Soul, the Temple of KradenAsians are cool. They deal with tons of stereotypes and don't afraid of anything. Alternatively, they're awesome because, well, just look at the Temple. There's four types of people here- Asian, Awesome, Asian AND awesome, or Necare.

The subcategory "Kickass" applies to the first three categories
Quote from: Cipher Phoenix, Golden SunriseBanned for being the opposite of sularity (whatever that means). xD

Salanewt

Want a timeline of what I like?

Most of my favourite music was written throughout the 60s to the 70s, with very little written before or after those two decades. My favourite bands include the Beatles and Fleetwood Mac, but are not limited to these two legendary groups (I also like disco).

I am honestly not a big fan of video game music, although it is sometimes bearable (eg. in Golden Sun). I dislike techno and heavy metal, and I loathe rap and hip-hop.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Also, The Arrogant Worms. Most ridiculously funny band, like, ever. Unfortunately for you American types, these guys are Canadian. This, of course, doesn't stop them from bashing Canada, but it does make them more likely to bash the US ("we won't say that we're better, it's just that we're less worse").

Mion Sonozaki

Zun's music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3rvYKnukO0

You know, he makes more than the music in his Touhou games. And it's freaking awesome!

Cerulyth

I'll listen to anything between electronica and heavy metal, and everything in between.  I've especially got soft spots for industrial (Mushroomhead and Nine Inch Nails come to mind) and symphonic metal such as Kamelot and Nightwish.  I'm also a fan of technical stuff like Dream Theater and Symphony X.

Hoopa

I'll like a lot of different music genres, but mostly Japanese Theme and Game music. I never get bored of listening to music from games and animes I've experienced. :happy:
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Hmm... Lately I've been into the Shanghai Alice Ensemble.

Other than that, though, I like a wide variety of things.  Anyone tried Dream Theater?  They're pretty good.

Kain

My list is huge.  But I won't go into details on it because that would take forever, so I'll just list my recent favorites that I keep listening to.

Again - Kim Leoni
Night of Nights
Sweets Time Midnight both the creepy vocal version and the fast paced version.
You give love a bad name - Bon Jovi
Electro World - Perfume
Pompei - ES Prometheus
Scatman - The Scatman
Princess Bride! - Kotoko
Anything Goes - Cole Porter
Into the Night - Santana
Bad Girlfriend - theory of a deadman
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

RTGreece21

Eh... one of my favourite songs right now is Prisoner of Love by ウタダ ヒカル (Utada Hikaru). One of my friends showed it to me and I've listened to it every once in a while. Posting all my favourite songs would bee too much though. XD
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Charon

This is my favourite song at the moment. (Burn - The Cure)

When I have a favourite song, I listen to that and nothing else (or sometimes one other song). For about three weeks I listened to only the above song and this. XD

In general, I tend to listen to a broad range of music, and I don't even know the name of most of my favourite songs :x

I like the following bands/artists:
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Peter Gabriel
Van Halen (although mainly his old stuff)
Stevie Wonder
Nirvana
The Cure
Styx
Gorrilaz

and a bunch of other miscellaneous bands I can't be bothered to remember at the moment.

Salanewt

Hey, I see some good taste! I have not heard of the Cure before, but they sound pretty good. Lol, did you notice that the song title says 1994, but during the video says 1984 (like right after playing it)?

I am currently listening to the Doors, Light my Fire. It seems that every day (and not excluding this one), more music that I like is becoming known to me.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Charon

Quote from: Salanewt on 03, May, 2010, 04:10:16 PM
Hey, I see some good taste! I have not heard of the Cure before, but they sound pretty good. Lol, did you notice that the song title says 1994, but during the video says 1984 (like right after playing it)?
In the video's description it explains that the creator accidentally put the wrong year. The film was released in 1994.

I am currently listening to the Doors, Light my Fire. It seems that every day (and not excluding this one), more music that I like is becoming known to me.
Oh, the Doors! I like them too. Whenever I find myself singing, I'm always singing "People are Strange".

Aile~♥

I've had the FESS "Victory is Near" theme stuck in my head on-and-off the past week or so. And of course I've got Dedede's theme in my head, because anyone who hears that will get it stuck in their head.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I always listen to I Am The Law by Anthrax, why? Metal + comic book characters (Judge Dredd in this case) = PURE EPIC WIN!!!!!! Lol I went into nerd mode again.....

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 28, February, 2010, 03:06:38 PM
Also, The Arrogant Worms. Most ridiculously funny band, like, ever. Unfortunately for you American types, these guys are Canadian. This, of course, doesn't stop them from bashing Canada, but it does make them more likely to bash the US ("we won't say that we're better, it's just that we're less worse").

I don't care about them bashing the US, I bash America all the time, heck I sometimes bash the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD! What? We're screwing ourselves over every single day and no one's doing anything about it........

PembrokeWelshCorgi

For a while, I was going through a "Gorillaz" phase after I bought all three of the albums. I don't listen to Gorillaz as much anymore, but I do still love the music. Before that, I was going through a phase with "The Avalanches".

My main interests are:
Mr. Scruff
The Avalanches
Gorillaz
Reggie Watts

Mastermind

Many people have called my music preferences 'odd', but i simply like my music to elicit an emotion, create a mood, or tell a story.

Favorite bands:
Juno Reactor (love Navras, and the other matrix songs, these guys blend techno and ritualistic chanting in uncommon languages...sounds odd, but they pull it off really well.)
Hans Zimmer (first started liking them after 'the dark knight' and loved the 'Inception' soundtrack)
Avenged Sevenfold (These guys are when I'm trying to make a villain in a story, usually. Lots of blood lust there)
Shadows Fall (Great variety, lots of interesting ideas and emotions in their songs)
Insane Clown Posse (These guys are just crazy, but their music makes me laugh and want to murder a camel)
System of a Down (Their musical style may be odd, but no more odd than most of the above bands...I like the general theme of their songs)
Immediate Music + E.S. Posthumus (You know when you're at the movie theater and the previews are so epic? These guy's music makes them that way. Two epic bands)
Within Temptation (Nice songs, great voices, cool music videos, good band)
Evanescence (Sad songs, but beautiful)
As I Lay Dying (Nice death metal band, awesome songs made better by fantastic music videos)
Isis (Melodic death metal, for a calming feeling)

Luigisuperstar

So much to choose I'll say Jam project. :happy:
Dood.