News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Need beta testers!!!

Started by i_am_isaac, 10, April, 2010, 06:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i_am_isaac

:Isaac: I finished my GS: TLA Hack it is posted in the download section of this site maybe. I need some beta testers and their feedback.
Tsk... college life is nice...

RTGreece21

Mmm..k  :happy: Me and my bro could test it for ya. I just gotta finish a few drawings and I'll be happy to.

Edit by me: Nevermind. Nothing I have can convert or open the file. Unless you know something that I can get, I won't be able to play it.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

LIPS isn't working for you? Hm... I could try to open it soon. However, I am working on some things right now.

Have a nice day.

Oh yeah, what sort of changes have you made isaac?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

RTGreece21

No, it's not working... weird. I'll see if I can find something that will do the trick once I finish my drawings.
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

It looks like a .Zip file? I wonder if I can open it with Winzip... I will give it a try, since I know that you want someone to test it out.

Have a nice day.

Edit: It works. After unzipping it, you can just patch an unmodified version of the game. If anyone else has problems using it, then perhaps you might need to either uncompress/unzip it, or you might need to redownload LIPS?

I would play it for a bit, but I am currently working on one of my Superstar Saga hacks, so I do not have enough time to play your Golden Sun hack (sorry about that). I might have some time as the week goes on though.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

"GS: TLA" is too generic a name for the download, it makes it sound like you really did upload the actual ROM.  I changed it to "i am isaac's GS: TLA hack" but you should be able to change it to something else if you want.

*facepalm*  Why does no one know what a .zip file is any more?  When did that happen?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

Quote from: Atrius on 11, April, 2010, 04:12:47 AM
*facepalm*  Why does no one know what a .zip file is any more?  When did that happen?

I know what a zip file is, but no matter what I do with the file or folder, the actual file in it won't be read by anything I have on my computer. If it was just a zip folder with a GBA file in it, then I wouldn't even have to unzip the folder to play, it would just automaticaly load the file when I clicked the folder.

I wonder if that's weird or something, because it doesn't seen to work like that for other people...

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

RTGreece21

Quote from: Atrius on 11, April, 2010, 05:26:42 AM
The link in this topic may be of help.

Oh yeah, sorry, I knew that! It's just LIPS wasn't working on my computer and nothing I have will read patch files. I wasn't asking for an actual ROM, I'm just trying to find something that will work on this computer. I'll try redownloading LIPS. Thanks for the link anyways.  :Sweat:

i_am_isaac

Oh yeah I update my hack just re download it again for the testers.

Hey by the way Mr. Atrius when will you release the v0.3 of the editor
and what new features will it have?

edit (Atrius): Merged posts, double posting is only acceptable when it's been a couple days since the last post, and it contributes to the actual topic.

Atrius (He/Him)

Please, don't refer to me as "Mr"

New features for v0.3
- Text Editing
- Data Viewer, with pointer scanning and tracking capabilities
- Djinni/Summon Editing (No screenshots yet)
- NPC editing

There are also several bug fixes including, but not limited to:
- Party member maximum name length changes to 11 by itself
- Unknown variable errors when saving, or exiting the program
- Changes to enemy defense aren't saved

It will be released the day before the day after it's released.  Seriously though, I don't like setting deadlines because it usually results in a rushed product with a lot of bugs.  I can't really give an accurate estimate of when I think it will be ready right now either.

i_am_isaac

I just repatch my hack (just look in the download section) because some skills aren't working properly
a good example is regen dance.

i_am_isaac

I read somewhere about they call an Inepts challenge and tried it
and its fun and thrilling so I decide to create a patch that in Inepts mode
the problem is still you can unleash djinn and summon them so just try not to use them.

Rolina

An inept mode patch?  You mean the "Inepts Challenge", right?

NO artifacts allowed, beit weapons or armor.  Consumable items like potions are okay, though.
NO psynergy can be used, save field psys when they are required to progress the story (you can't use them just to get chests, though)
NO djinns can be used OR obtained, save the ones forced upon your party.  Flint, Echo, Mia and Piers' djinn are the only ones permitted.
NO summons can be used.
The only means of elemental damage allowed are the attack items: Oil Drop, Crystal Powder, etc...
Only the attack, defend, and item commands can be used.
Only grind if you cannot progress within the confines of the challenge, until you become strong enough or get some attack items needed to beat target boss.

i_am_isaac

yeah i disable all classes and everybody can't equip artifacts the only problem is i can't disable
summon and djinn unleashes.

Rolina

I told you, it's not a hack you're trying to do make, it's the Inepts Challenge I made a while back.