News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Favourite Battle Theme?

Started by Salanewt, 16, April, 2010, 06:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is you favourite battle theme from the Golden Sun series (GS1/GS2)?

Isaac's
Jenna's
Felix'
Boss 1 (monster) GS1
Boss 2 (monster) GS2
Boss 3 (human)
Ship
Colosso
Saturos
Fusion Dragon
Agatio and Karst
Flame Dragons
Doom Dragon
Linked Battle
Other (if I missed any)
Saturos and Menardi

Salanewt

Hello everyone! I would like to try to find out what your favourite battle theme is (and if there was already a poll, then this is an updated one to ensure that I have your most accurate tastes in mind)! My reasons for asking shall become clear in the future...

Have a nice day.

Oh yes, I will not be voting.

Edit: I voted for Other, but my vote will still account for nothing (I voted so I can see the results).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

Saturos, Saturos and Menardi, and Fusion Dragon all have separate battle themes. You forgot to include Saturos and Menardi's theme. Other than that, I think you got them all... although I didn't think the colosso had a special battle theme...

As for my vote, my favorite would have to be saturos's theme hands down. Song is so good. Now if only I could find a remix that actually did it justice >_>
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh, you are right about that. I think I can add the option though. As for Colosso, remember when you fight the Colosso Knights? The same theme plays as you fight them in both games.

Have a nice day.

Oh, and you are probably right about Saturos' theme. If it were not for this poll, then that would automatically be the theme of choice for what it is that I am planning.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Favorite:  Saturos' Battle Theme
Least Fave:  Jenna's Battle Theme

i_am_isaac

Yeah yeah I like them all but I like the most is the fusion dragon battle theme but why
is that venus lighthouse theme is not included its nice in the ears am I right?
Tsk... college life is nice...

Salanewt

Well, these are only battle themes (so I am not including any other Golden Sun themes in the quiz). Otherwise, you are correct about it sounding good.

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Favourite: Saturos' theme
Second Favourite: Jenna's theme
Least Favourite: Fusion Dragon theme.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Out of curiosity, why do so many people like Jenna's battle theme?  I really don't get it... it seems, I dunno, out of place or lacking, when compared to the other themes.

Aile~♥

I dunno, it's upbeat and cheery. Really quite appropriate for the beginning of the game when you get to hear it.

Rolina

...I dunno.  It just doesn't fit to me...  I mean, sure, maybe in a more upbeat and cheery game, such as a mario RPG, it'd be more appropriate, but this game isn't one of those...

Aile~♥

At that point in the game, the game is VERY upbeat and cheery.

Besides, I like upbeat and cheery!

Salanewt

To me, it sounds more like it belongs as purely a beginning of the game song, or even as a special boss theme (or even out of battle). Otherwise, it have been composed well for Golden Sun (at least in my opinion).

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Yeah, it seems to have a way of telling the player "Hi! I'm a tutorial!"

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 18, April, 2010, 12:02:15 AM
Yeah, it seems to have a way of telling the player "Hi! I'm a tutorial!"
Lol it does!

I like Agatio and Karst's best.......

Salanewt

As for Jenna's theme... I was actually thinking that before I read your comment. It does also sound good as an "upcoming" theme, if that makes sense (since I think it is also used around Trial Road).

Yeah, their theme is pretty good too.

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Jennas theme is awsome, not my fav but its up there

Rolina

I still don't get it.  It just doesn't fit with the rest of them to me. 

Aile~♥

It doesn't have to. It's the TUTORIAL theme, and tutorial themes have to be bright and cheery!

Agatio and Karst's battle theme is pretty cool too.

@Sala: No, Trial Road used the Colosso Battle theme.

Salanewt

Not during Trial Road (for Jenna's theme). Actually, I think her theme plays when Felix and co. display the Shaman's Rod to Moapa and his Knights. Anyway, I am positive that it plays around that part of the game.

Also, it seems that Saturos' theme is the favourite so far. It should be fun using this as a test subject for my experiment.

Have a nice day.

Rolina

Any time you're in battle and Isaac and Felix aren't in the main party, that theme plays.  It's not a tutorial theme as a result - Isaac's got his theme, Felix has his, and then everyone else is more or less grouped into that one.  Only reason it's attributed to her at all is the prologue, if it was Sheba who was fighting in the prologue it'd be Sheba's theme.

Also:  It's not a tutorial battle theme if it can be used past the tutorial, you know.