News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Favourite Standard Mars Psynergy?

Started by Salanewt, 20, April, 2010, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite Mars (battle) psynergy from the Golden Sun games.

Flare
Fire
Volcano
Aura
Fume
Beam
Blast (Mad-/Fiery-)
Blast (Nova/Supernova)
Planet Diver
Heat Wave
Other

Salanewt

Hello everyone! As it looks like Jenna is one of the winning characters for my experiment (*cough*hack*cough*), I have decided to make a new poll. This is where you can vote for your favourite Mars psynergy! Some minor things to point out...

This is only for damage psynergy (or healing), I am not including Guard or Impair in the poll.

I am not including enemy only psynergy, djinn, summons, or item-class only psynergies (like Juggle).

Although you can ask for their names to be used when you vote, I am not including psynergies with the same animations as other psynergies (eg. Lava Shower vs. Volcano).

If I have forgotten any of them to include, please tell me.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Oh yes, I voted for Other as usual. I also forgot to mention that everyone can vote for two options!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

leaf

You should probably include all stages of the psys as the option, unless you actually meant that you were only planning on using the very basic forms of the spells...
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

Oh, sorry about that. These voting options include their entire series (so with Fume, you also vote for Serpent Fume and Dragon Fume). However, only the first name will be selected (while animations for the rest will be used, depending on the psynergy's level). I suppose I should also explain how many will be selected, or even how abilities will work in my experiment.

Of course, I did type out a paragraph here, but I am not quite sure if I want to reveal what my experiment will be yet. It might be obvious to those who know what I have been researching lately, but...

Basically, all psynergies in each group are included in the votes. However, only the name of the first psynergy of the series will be included (unless I can change text with different levels...).

Have a nice day.

Edit: I forgot to mention... Their normal damage, PP requirements, etc. will no longer be accounted for, since new values will be made up for them.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Fume and Volcano for me

my fav psyngery overall is defo Dragon Fume by Agaito however it isnt Mars surprisenly, and no PC learns it however it can be changed thanks to the editor of course

Salanewt

You mean Rising Dragon? I thought Dragon Fume could be learned by Jenna at level 47. Anyway, it is actually Mars psynergy, but it is enemy only (which is why it was not included in the poll).

Have a nice day.

MaxiPower

Quote from: Salanewt on 20, April, 2010, 06:35:16 PM
You mean Rising Dragon? I thought Dragon Fume could be learned by Jenna at level 47. Anyway, it is actually Mars psynergy, but it is enemy only (which is why it was not included in the poll).

Have a nice day.

Your right Sala... erm I was just testing yous hehe....

No I fail

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Enemies have some of the coolest looking and best attacks in the game, I mean who would NOT want to be able to use Cruel Ruin or Star Mine?

MaxiPower

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 20, April, 2010, 07:04:14 PM
Enemies have some of the coolest looking and best attacks in the game, I mean who would NOT want to be able to use Cruel Ruin or Star Mine?

Yea to rights, because now you can give certain items, psyngery equips, we will be able to give bosses drops like powerful moves and what not...

Rolina

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 20, April, 2010, 07:04:14 PM
Because they're summon type attacks?  All you need to do is make a new summon that uses a similar animation.  I'll be using Cruel Ruin's as a basis for the Pandora summon, for example.  She shows up, opens her box, and BAM!  Cruel Ruin animation.  Costs 2 of each djinn.

I've gone over this many times, you guys.  Anywho, Rising Dragon I can see being used as part of a sister-psy group to the Fume Series.  Dragon -> Burning Dragon -> Rising Dragon or something.

thenightsshadow

And to me, Rising Dragon is how Tier 4 Psys should be; slightly the same and slightly different.

Like how Ragnarok and Odyssey were related but completely different in style.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Rolina

Hmm... the problem with Tier 4 psynergy is that we really don't have the room for it at the moment.  We'd have to drop a group in order to include them.  Not to mention how broken they'd be for healing...

thenightsshadow

Then why not just exclude healing psys from the 4th tier treatment?

Only have attacking psys for 4th tier?
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Rolina

That could work, but then you also have to deal with losing the variety of spells you'd otherwise have.

What we COULD do, however, is have 4th tier for the offensive spells, but make them exclusive to item classes that specialize in elemental combat.  Remember the one I came up with earlier?  Where you could do it mono-elemental, or do it multi-elemental?

Well, when you hit 3rd tier or higher on mono-elemental, you unlock the 4th tier psynergies, thus allowing for only those specializing in their own element to have access to them.  So the option would be either versatility or specialization, I guess...