News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Let's talk about ridiculous release delay.

Started by Atrius, 29, April, 2010, 01:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Yes I do, and I'm sorry.

I was in a VERY bad mood that day, and probably not safe for forums. =P

SO yeah...

But it'd still be nice if Atrius'd fix the defence editing glitch in V0.2 and upload the result.

Please? :D
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

It's not going to do much, Jamie.  Look at how all the difficulty hacks work - they force you to use psynergy more.  PSYNERGY IGNORES DEFENSE.  So you make weapons absolutely useless... nice job, but enemies still drop to psynergy after a couple rounds.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

It makes Garet and Piers suck more ^-^

Their suck-tasticness is over 9000!

Rolina

...No it doesn't.  Piers actually BENEFITS from enemies having a higher defense... it makes his sucky class selection actually BENEFICIAL to him, since they're mage-like classes.

The ONLY thing that fixing defense will do is weaken physical attacks, and since most difficulty hack involve heavy use of base damage skills, which TOTALLY IGNORE DEFENSE...

I mean, you never noticed?  At Post-Game, lowly mooks don't hurt much at all you unless they use a base damage skill, which will hurt like hell.  See:  Cruel Ruin, the most notable example.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

And it make Jenna's class selection suck, right? Y'know since they're warrior-like classes.

Rolina

Yes, actually, though her Base Class is actually pretty good.  Basically, should these so-called hard mode hacks gain defense editing, they'd only really reverse the roles of fighter and mage in the party - the mage takes priority, while the fighter will support when needed.  When you can't do much physically, bring in the mages, after all.  All y'all do is just pump up the stats and swap a few skills anyways, so the only thing that really happens is that people's strategies change to match.

It's the reason I don't like difficulty hacks - you try to force the difficulty, which forces the strategy.  At least psynergy was still somewhat usable for most of the original games, but if y'all get ahold of that defense stat, physical attacks will probably become a thing of the past, seeing how most of these hacks are.  Granted, the ones going for legit challenge rather than crazy challenge might actually use it in a more balanced way, but...

Aile~♥

Role, you're MISSING THE POINT ENTIRELY.

I was trying to LOWER DEFENCE.

I was trying to make a Fire Emblem style GS hack. But the enemies having 6 defence was getting in my way, because Jenna only has 6 attack at the time.

Basically, the enemies were turning into level 3 Knights at a time when the main char is more like a level 1 Myrmidon or level 1 Lord.

THAT'S my problem.

Now, people, get back on topic and stop accusing me of things I'm not doing. I was having a good day before Role started snapping at me like this.

Rolina

So basically you're wanting really really low stats, as opposed to really high ones.

...Do you have a thread for this?  I'd love to see the target stats, but if I ask here, I'd be going off topic...

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 19, May, 2010, 02:54:52 PM
I was trying to make a Fire Emblem style GS hack.
A Fire Emblem styled GS hack? So you're gonna get rid of revive and Water of Life, right?
As in Fire Emblem once a character dies, they're gone forever. So are you gonna do that with GS aswell?

Aile~♥

No, that would be too cruel.

BUT! I am going to do the whole "weapons breaking" thing like in FE.

I suppose I could make a thread for this.

Aile~♥

Double post because this topic has been inactive for a LONG time and I've got an idea and I WANT ATRIUS TO NOTICE IT!!!

OK, so we've been waiting for Defence editing for FAR TOO LONG, and I'm at a point where I REALLY NEED IT!

So, assuming the Defence editing bug has an easy fix, here is how you (Atrius) do it:

1. Get a copy of v0.2, if you don't already have one. Just download it from the site.

2. Fix defence editing glitch.

3. UPLOAD RESULT!

Rolina

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 23, August, 2010, 01:12:00 PM
Double post because this topic has been inactive for a LONG time and I've got an idea and I WANT ATRIUS TO NOTICE IT!!!

OK, so we've been waiting for Defence editing for FAR TOO LONG, and I'm at a point where I REALLY NEED IT!

So, assuming the Defence editing bug has an easy fix, here is how you (Atrius) do it:

1. Get a copy of v0.2, if you don't already have one. Just download it from the site.

2. Fix defence editing glitch.

3. UPLOAD RESULT!

Trust me, he notices.  I make a stab at it every time he's on in the C-box, to the point to where he said it's no longer [/stab], but is now [twistknife].

Also:  I didn't know you were brittish.

Aile~♥

I'm not British. I'm Canadian. As such, I spell "Defence" with a "c".

But that's off-topic.

Atrius (He/Him)

[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

You know what he meant.  We need something.  ANYTHING.  Even a PATCH would be fine at this point.  The forums are dying, and the ridiculous delay is the cause.  It's been a year and half!  We've got all these plans, and nothing to act on them with!

Salanewt

Yeah, but from the way things seem, Atrius is unable to get his hands on the source code. It is not normally uploaded with the file that everyone else uses, so the most that could be gained from downloading it would be a reminder of how it looks, as well as examples of what the code can do (maybe one or two other things, but...).

By the way, Atrius, will you be able to get the source code back any time soon?

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Atrius (He/Him)

I have the source code for the version I'm currently working on, it's just that between my old laptop dying, being away for nearly an entire month, activation issues with the software I was using to develop it after transferring things to my new laptop, and being extremely busy at work (I even spent the majority of both days this past weekend working) I haven't been able to do anything on it recently.

These past few months have been extremely hectic for me, and it looks like things at work aren't going to be slowing down until well into September.  Hrmm.... I'm not one to publicly announce deadlines I'm not absolutely sure I can meet yet, but at the moment the goal I'm shooting for is to have the next release out before the end of October.  If things keep going the way they have been for me though, that might not be possible.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

MaxiPower

Quote from: Atrius on 24, August, 2010, 10:51:44 AM
I have the source code for the version I'm currently working on, it's just that between my old laptop dying, being away for nearly an entire month, activation issues with the software I was using to develop it after transferring things to my new laptop, and being extremely busy at work (I even spent the majority of both days this past weekend working) I haven't been able to do anything on it recently.

These past few months have been extremely hectic for me, and it looks like things at work aren't going to be slowing down until well into September.  Hrmm.... I'm not one to publicly announce deadlines I'm not absolutely sure I can meet yet, but at the moment the goal I'm shooting for is to have the next release out before the end of October.  If things keep going the way they have been for me though, that might not be possible.

cough cough... 23rd October my birthday... that day :)

Rolina

Well yeah, that explains recent events, but... what about the year prior?

Atrius (He/Him)

When I had just joined the Air Force, and was going through BASIC training, and tech school?