News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Magical Starsign

Started by Aile~♥, 22, May, 2010, 02:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Discuss the awesome spellflinging DS RPG known as Magical Starsign here!

Post boss strategies (be careful of spoilers), party configurations, and such stuffs.

That is... if anyone even plays that game.

If you don't have it already, go get a copy! XD
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Griever

I did play the game but didn't get to finish it as my save was deleted some how... i was still at the beginning of the game .... i think the word Water might tell you where i was b4 the save was deleted hehehehe.

Aile~♥

You were still on planet Cassia?

Yeah, I had a save where I was on [spoiler=hidden]the Dark Planet[/spoiler] but I accidentally overwrote it. I was like, ****!!!

So, I was a good 30 hours into the game when my save was deleted.

But now I has another one... er... three.

Griever

hehehe well im replaying the game im at the water planet ......... again i dont really like the planet names so i didnt bother to remember them ........ i like  how i can choose dark element for the hero ... while in most other games hero is either light or fire element .... ^_^
i hate that sheep Lassi although wikipedia says she is a rabbitmorph girl .... she looks more like a sheep lol

Aile~♥

I like Lassi's personality, but she's nearly useless in combat, due to lack of Earth enemies everywhere but Erd (and a few on Razen) and an abundance of Wood enemies on all planets except Razen, plus her low HP and low Intelligence stat, along with her low Pow stat and expensive attack magic.

I like using the Light element for the main hero, simply because Crystal Laser (the Tier 2 Light spell) makes the fights against [spoiler=hidden]Master Chard[/spoiler] so much easier.

Griever

I like dark elements alot more ... lol drain and sudden death rox .... although i dont think i will see them in this game .... well i like the idea of choosing element at the start of game .. hope if they make another starsign game they allow us to choose from more elements hehehe

Aile~♥

No sudden death, but there is the Curse (no healing) status effect as well as a Drain spell called Blood Money (3rd Tier Dark spell).

Shibuyah

Y'know, this talk about erased files reminds me I accidentally deleted my Male file.
[spoiler]...I had just finished the Tree and got the Millenium Gummy too. :([/spoiler]
Either way though, I'm gonna try to beat the game, then maybe try beating Vacation since I imported it from PlayAsia.

By the way, of all the characters in the game, who was your most favorite?
Mine would probably be Lassi, since she's the closest thing to a playable Cat as far as I can tell. X3
Avatar made by Ethlin on the Tales forum.

Aile~♥

Give Chai the Cat Set and he'd make a pretty good kitty too!

They should've had guest characters join your party at various points.

[spoiler=Epicly important plot points]Like, maybe, Brie Pourri once it turns out she's on your side? Or maybe Parfait just for the sheer awesome?[/spoiler]

Also, who on Kovomaka (read: who on Earth) would name their child "Brie Pourri"?

Shibuyah

Really? I never used the Cat set, so I don't know what it does. :o

And I agree, some other characters besides the main party, or amigos would've been nice. < <;
[spoiler]I mean, after all Ganache, and some of the Vacation characters got mentioned in the final world.[/spoiler]

Aile~♥

When you only have part of the cat set equipped, it just gives bad stats. But when you equip the whole thing, it gives you a massive boost to agility and some general stat boosts all around.

Also, did you know that if you line up all the planets with Celestial Swap, it summons a frickin' laser beam macross missile massacre to smash the enemy?

And, question: Do you have ANY IDEA how to get those stupid Monster Chests in the [spoiler=hidden]Holy Water Pyramid[/spoiler] to open instead of just flattening?

Also:

[spoiler=epic quote (landing on Razen)]Lassi: Did any of you guys see anything... weird just now?
Pico: What, like your face? HA![/spoiler]

Shibuyah

Ah, so that's what the Cat set does...I might do that sometime as an experiment--thanks Jamie. :3

As for the chests, I honestly have no idea. I wish I did though. D:

[spoiler]For my favorite funny, it's when you save Chai after having Pico in your party--he and Lassi get in an argument, where he calls her a 'Wind sock', and she calls him a 'Hot wing'...I laughed so hard. XD[/spoiler]

Griever

This is probably REALLY late answer but at least i got to answer ><
Since i favor Fire element .... i would say Pico is my fav. character ^_^
And i got to beat the game .... one only lol