News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

I wonder, what clan should I join?

Started by thenightsshadow, 07, June, 2010, 10:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenightsshadow

I'll leave it up to you guys.  I'll post my four favorite Djinni that haven't been used yet, and all you need to do is pick one.  Whichever one wins I'll give permission for you guys to use in hacks.

The whole idea quotient, anyways.

Meet them!

:VenusDjinni: (Ceres) - "Hiya!  Nice to meet you!"
Description: 'Grow the blessed and cursed crop of Sol's grain.'

:MarsDjinni: (Vulcan) - "Hey.  I'm not great with introductions, so...hi."
Description: 'Strike first and strike fast.'

:JupiterDjinni: (Undulate) - "Welcome.  Please choose me."
Description: 'Approach mysteriously with a killer smile and blade.'

:MercuryDjinni: (Rusticle) - *bows* "Thanks for coming!"
Description: 'Stab through the enemy's heart of victory.'

I'll be back later with a bit more information~

(The description is the area where it describes what a Djinni does, for those new to the series.  Flint's description is "Strike a blow that can cleave stone", while Echo's is "Attack with a double strike".  It usually gives hints to how the attack is executed.)

Edit: Oh, one more thing.  Each of them does something that's doable within the engine, but hasn't been done yet in the series or with any of my other Djinni.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

leaf

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 07, June, 2010, 10:14:50 PM
:JupiterDjinni: (Undulate) - "Welcome.  Please choose me."
Description: 'Approach mysteriously with a killer smile and blade.'
That sounds beautifully sadistic.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Hmm... The diety based ones are better suited for summons, so Ceres (goddess of harvest) and Vulcan (god of... uh, fire, I think...) are out.  I'll go with Rusticle for now, I suppose.

Salanewt

Yeah, I vote for Rusticle as well (though the name is a combination of rust and icicle, making it sound a bit strange).

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

thenightsshadow

Where the names come from:

Ceres - Yes, it is the name of the goddess of grain in Roman mythology.  What it won't tell you (and some oldtimer Italians will) is that the grain grown out of season (in this case, Spring), is also called Ceres.  It's this latter Ceres I refer to.

Vulcan - The origin of the word volcano is indeed the Roman god of fire, but again, I'm referring to the type of gun that was first used to fire incendiary rounds.  (Nowadays, most guns can fire incendiary rounds, but vulcans were one of the first, if not the first.)

Undulate - This is pretty straightforward; the movement of kinetic energy.  If you were to follow it physically, it could move straight, or wave-like, or circular-like; it depends on how the energy is made and transferred.

Rusticle - An actual term.  Instead of an icicle that has rusted, it actually is wrought iron that rusted.  It's also the term for a stranded icicle that hasn't touched water before being coated with metal flecks, either via shipwreck (and subsequent water freezings) or standard scientific explosions.

Salanewt

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 07, June, 2010, 10:58:09 PM
Where the names come from:

Ceres - Yes, it is the name of the goddess of grain in Roman mythology.  What it won't tell you (and some oldtimer Italians will) is that the grain grown out of season (in this case, Spring), is also called Ceres.  It's this latter Ceres I refer to.

Vulcan - The origin of the word volcano is indeed the Roman god of fire, but again, I'm referring to the type of gun that was first used to fire incendiary rounds.  (Nowadays, most guns can fire incendiary rounds, but vulcans were one of the first, if not the first.)

Undulate - This is pretty straightforward; the movement of kinetic energy.  If you were to follow it physically, it could move straight, or wave-like, or circular-like; it depends on how the energy is made and transferred.

Rusticle - An actual term.  Instead of an icicle that has rusted, it actually is wrought iron that rusted.  It's also the term for a stranded icicle that hasn't touched water before being coated with metal flecks, either via shipwreck (and subsequent water freezings) or standard scientific explosions.

Ceres: The grain isn't bad.

Vulcan: Not much of a gun-guy, so I wouldn't have known otherwise. I thought you were referencing Star Trek though.

Undulate: Makes sense, and in a way makes it related to Hover.

Rusticle: Oh yeah. Of course, I usually associate metal and rust as being with Venus, a chemical reaction in the metal causes rust. Why include terminology for metal in a name for a water djinni though? Cool name, but I would have just used something like Icicle, since associating it with metal flakes (even though it does happen in real life) sounds like it should be multi-elemental instead of Mercury.

I still vote for Rusty though.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Topic changed, eh?  So what clan...

Your Sempai officially drags you into Jupiter.

Charon

If I weren't already an Admin, I would sign up to be a Jupiter Adept. I actually added a rank in my profile as "Sorcerer" because I wanted to be part Jupe.

thenightsshadow

Quote from: Role on 08, June, 2010, 07:37:38 AM

Unyu~
That topic WAS the topic.  I never changed it; you probably didn't notice it the first time.

leaf

Quote from: Corvidae on 08, June, 2010, 08:07:18 AM
If I weren't already an Admin, I would sign up to be a Jupiter Adept. I actually added a rank in my profile as "Sorcerer" because I wanted to be part Jupe.
You can always be an honorary jupiter adept, charon~

Sorta like how jamie is an honorary venus adept~

And TNS needs to join jupiter already~

Tildes are fun~

[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Hoopa

I choose undulate. Approaching mysteriously with a killer smile and blade... that just sounds awesome!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Quote from: thenightsshadow on 08, June, 2010, 12:29:13 PM
Quote from: Role on 08, June, 2010, 07:37:38 AM

Unyu~
That topic WAS the topic.  I never changed it; you probably didn't notice it the first time.
The topic name and the content within the topic itself are two entirely different things.  Therefore I have answered both.

thenightsshadow

Time to drop a little more hints about what they can do.

Besides Ceres, all of them are damaging djinni.
Besides Vulcan, all of their abilities have been done before in their element.
Besides Undulate, all of them will do the same thing each time.
Besides Rusticle, all of them have to do with offense.

Aile~♥

Wait, Rusticle, whose description says "stab through the enemy's heart of victory", is not related to offence? Despite the "stab through" bit?
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

thenightsshadow

Well, if you read the "Besides Ceres" thing, you'll know that Rusticle is a damaging djinni.
What I will say is that it not being "offense" is very slight.

BlazingPhoenix

Rolina

Jupiter is clearly the better of the two.

BlazingPhoenix

Maybe. If you just like killing people when they're not looking. XD

Rolina

Currently we're fighting off an invasion of chip-eating djinn to save the crops and our people from starvation.

We're also getting ready to wage war on Corvidae for trying to circumvent our right to vote.  After voting me into office for this month, Corvidae tried to claim it "didn't count", and that's got us pretty upset, because if they can do that to us this month, then they can claim that every month if they want to, and to any clan.  So we're currently fighting Corvidae for our right to vote.

RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWER!

But other than that... it's just mostly spam and chit-chat, like in the others.  No reason to kill people, just the plague of chip-eating djinn that the Venus Clan created.  We have to save our people from starvation.

Charon

Fine. Fine. Have it your f#$%ing way. I've upgraded your status, but I will make it ABUNDANTLY clear how the next nominations will go. I am in charge, I am the one who calls the shots, so don't piss around with me anymore.

I have deleted all of the argument posts, if anyone is wondering.