News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Speculation

Started by MaxiPower, 15, June, 2010, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

So after all the guessing the game picks up 30 years later and  other leads from the trailer it shows....

-All Player Characters from the Broken Seal and the Lost Age Should be present.
-Alex may not have anything to do with the plot at all.
-We will indeed have got at least 4 characters in battle
-We will travel a new reformed Weyard (basically confirmed on officially site)
-Vale Seems to have been rebuilt... looks like Vale in trailer
-It will be on the DS... (im dying inside really) Golden Sun deserves to be in the best possible shape
-Djinn have to be collected again.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Maybe Matthew speaks, Isaac and Felix didn't when they were the protagonist and a lot of fans were pissed (I was pissed off at Isaac & Felix when they went mute hero mode on us) so maybe we finally get a hero who SPEAKS.

They should have a female warrior, earth mage, and wind warrior aswell (hopefully)

Charon

I'm starting to think there will be points in the game that the original characters from Golden Sun will be playable. Probably not long segments, but still sounds awesome.

Salanewt

It would have been fine if Isaac were also mute in Lost Age, and Isaac were to never have gained a voice... However, it was a bit odd when they switched their larynges.

Being able to control the original characters at times would be neat. I am also interested in seeing if anything happens with Sheba, plot-wise.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Give us the characters ala a FF4 were you have a ton at the end allowing us to mix and match

leaf

Technically, if they do allow you to play as the previous characters at any point, it'd be possible to transfer their stats from TLA if they wanted to implement such a thing. Doesn't seem overly likely, though.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Salanewt

I doubt they will do this, but I am also hoping for this Golden Sun to have a cliffhanger ending, so we are guaranteed yet another game!

From the way things seem, we only get the team of four. I wonder if we can get 72+ djinn though? If so, then it would allow for many more class combinations and tiers than in previous games.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Pkmn-Master

Quote from: Salanewt on 15, June, 2010, 09:46:18 PM
I doubt they will do this, but I am also hoping for this Golden Sun to have a cliffhanger ending, so we are guaranteed yet another game!
Not only that, but the second game would be made for the 3DS so that we have superior graphics.

I'm also kind of disappointed at the textures/MODELS in the game. They are very pixellated, and the 3D models are very jagged.
Besides that, I'm super excited for this game!

Aile~♥

The models are N64, but that's to be expected. After all, the DS has N64 graphics.

Also, that guy has clearly played GS before. I can tell just by looking at his battle strategy.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 15, June, 2010, 05:54:11 PM
They should have a female warrior, earth mage, and wind warrior aswell (hopefully)
Unless we get a second team, it doesn't look like we're getting any of those... :sad:

Salanewt

Well, if the continents have expanded, with new countries and people, I would not be surprised if they have to make a sequel (which is what I am hoping for, so there is more to play). Dark Dusk anyone?

Have a nice day.

Rolina

If the Dawn was Dark, wouldn't the Dusk be Lit?

Salanewt

Exactly. I suppose it would be Light Dusk then? We will have to see when the time comes.

Salanewt leveled up!
HP + 1
PP + 3
Excitement + 10

Have a nice day.

Aile~♥

Salanewt must have really bad HP growths then.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Only near the high levels, like 95. My lower levels had better growths. Wait until the game actually comes out though, my Excitement level will pass the old cap of 1999 (as might my defence, HP, and PP).

Have a nice day.

Edit: Okay, Maxi found and reuploaded a video in French, about a reporter at the E3 conferences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPx2euS8iRQ

Because it is in French, I tried my best to translate it. I am not very good with French, but I will try my best to summarize + translate. I will probably need someone to double check what I have here, or to correct it for me though (but this is basically the jist of what he says).

QuoteHello viewers, we are at the gaming (I think he says "gaming") conference. Nintendo introduces a new game, Golden Sun DD, *Talks really fast*, showing small demo, demonstrates magnificient battle. Third Golden Sun is for DS (?). Still/currently in production, it is a terrific game. Stylus used to perform commands, walk, attack, magic, and walking around (I think he says "walking"). *Talks really fast*. I think he mentions something about being able to select equipment and classes as well. Three characters... *Talks really fast*, I think he also mentions something about classic/familiar summons and djinn (if not the same). He mentions Zelda, probably saying that overworld gameplay is similar. *Talks really fast*, something about being different, a game to love (?). I think he may mention something about these being the kids of the characters for the previous games ("gene" ?). *Talks really fast*. I think he mentions the gaming conference again. Ciao? I think he said goodbye in Italian.

This is basically what we know already. He may have said something about compatibility with the 3DS, but I honestly can not tell with how often he would speed up (probably on a schedule).

And when I say "magic", I mean psynergy. I suppose the French translation may just be Magic, but I am not sure.

Have a nice day.

Edit 2: Oh, and whenever is says *Talks really fast*, this means that he was talking too quickly, preventing me from being able to understand.

MaxiPower

Thank you, im just awaiting confirmation from a french dude on gamefaqs on what he thought it said..

+ 1 rep dude for your work again

Salanewt

Okay, thanks (and you are welcome)! Anyway, what I translated is mostly what I thought he said, so there is a chance that some of it is incorrect. After all, it has been a few years since I studied French.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Also, thanks for finding that video! A little reward for finding it is nice, right (in otherwards, ditto to the +1 reputation)?

MaxiPower

Heres what the French dude said

(French is my first language, so here' what he says)

At firsts, he talks about how the characters, animations and effects were amazingly beautiful. Then he explains how you can play both with the D-Pad or the stylus. He says that you can rotate the camera with the stylus (during the combats it seems). He explains the djinn and summoning system from the previous game...explains that you go through dungeons and how use psynergy on field to solve puzzle. He finish by saying that the game takes place 30 years after TLA.

In short, nothing new except that you can rotate the camera during combats

Salanewt

Oh sweet, rotating the camera! That is going to be fun to do during battle. I wonder if we can do it during summons as well? I doubt we would be able to, but it would be neat.

Thanks again for checking up with that French person!

Have a nice day.