News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

M¬P Story Hack Ideas..... planning area

Started by MaxiPower, 15, July, 2010, 09:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxiPower

This thread will be a compilation of story's I create so I can easily look them up and link others to them when needed. They will not be in a format like you get in a book but a rough step by step experience that to bring to life in a game will involve expanding in dialog etc.

Story 1 of ?

Golden Sun: Chronicles

GSC is a story I began over a year ago on YouTube which has many followers, of whom often message me to get my @#$ in gear and get it moving along thus being a success to me in my eyes. Whilst it may have some spelling errors and use character sprites that arnt GBA ready. It does offer a nice starting point when the time comes as the bare bones is all there. I wish to create a ROM hack of that story down the line however unlike other ideas I heard here and there and also the limitations of ROM hacking itself, I have come to the conclusion that when I start making it, It will span two GBA ROMs as.... Not like GS and TLA but as in when you reach a certain point in the game it may ask you to load up the 2nd rom and continue the story from there switching back and forth etc, thus no more than 8 characters or 4 Elements will be in one game which is sad but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

- There Will be 16 characters, For 8 of them we continue were TLA left of, The new 8 will be interwoven in as there fates are linked
- 2 Worlds Weyard and Lucere (Sun and Moon)
- 8 Elements ( Mars and Saturn = :Mars: Venus and Uranus = :Venus: Mercury and Neptune = :Mercury: Jupiter and Pluto =  :Jupiter:
- 72 new Djinn in 2nd ROM (New in appearance also)

Video Story

[spoiler]Part 1 of 23 of a total ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMQ0X35zw0Y[/spoiler]

Story 2 of ?

Golden Sun: Alchemy Unleashed

The Story Takes place 600 Years after The Lost Age, In a time when being an adept was just becoming a litle bit more popular. However The secret of were people got there power is world renowned.

Part One

[spoiler]

How the people of the world will react to this:
- Some villages will be seen to being made closer to the rocks in hope of gaining power.
- There will be pilgrims to the rocks and other locations of great intrest by civilans which the hero will run into througthout the game
- Any villages that were close already will have felt the full effect. With Villages that were just outside the range in the last game will gain adepts in small proportions
-Of course there can still be random adepts throughout the land when the wind, water, earh, burning ash etc carries power of the rocks.

Who is the Hero and were is he from:
- Im sorry I love traditions, Venus, Male, Warrior, Names 5 or less letters, That sort of thing
- The hero who I dub Oscar is from SE Angara Islet, The island Northeast of Lemuria and east of The island that has the Gaia Rock
- The Island is a bit more developed than previous games however holding a small village of fishermen.
- Oscar is tought by his father also an adept how to fight so he can hold his own when at sea (from monsters)

How does the story progress:
- Whilst out fishing, they lose track of time and before long a deep fog rolls in, The heavens stormed. The lands quaked. The seas raged. Across the land, people prepared for the end of the world. (Lol na, but storms and weather conditions were worse than 600 years before.) Why? I,ll explain in a bit)
- Oscar is thrown overboard unknowingly to his father and 5 minutes pass before its noticed and by that time they have to idea were he is.
- !!!Steals idea of Mastermind, Oscar awakes onboard a Lemurian ship !!! and is taken back to Lemuria. <Insert Conversation.

How has Lemuria changed:
- Lemuria is as described in the last games, Its beautiful.
- But politicaly its worse than ever. With the Golden Sun released, The Sea of Time is gone and The senate are fumeing. However Conservato does not lead it but his Son.
- Conservato still pulls a few strings tho but he is to really old. Literally holding on to see the downfall of the Lemurian Crown.
- Hydra has past away and with no chrildren has past the Titel of King to Piers (Of course Conservato is raging over this also) Claiming he should of got the spot.
- Piers is old (like hydra last game old)

What happens in Lemuria:
- When Piers sees Oscar, memories are flooded back and he is reminded of his old (well deseased) friend Felix.
- Piers knows there is a lot of conflict in Weyard now, Adepts and Psyngery are surely now more known but doesnt question his quest with Felix and thus asks Oscar to carry out a quest for him.
- Piers daughter (Water Adept, Mage, Female) is happy to accompany Oscar on his quest. And together they set of.
- Until she gets a name I will refer to her as DPiers

What is the Quest:
- Piers asks them to Survey the land to get a better understanding of what people what with Alchemy and more intresting to see what nations, (Prox, Contigio etc) still honour Issac/Felix and co's quest 600 years before.[/spoiler]

Part Two

[spoiler]What Happens After Lemuria:
- Oscar and DPiers head  back to Oscars hometown to reasure his Father that hes alive and well. And they discuss were they will begin there journey
- His Father suggest to go to Yallam, A place were he has been many of times delivering fish.
- First two trips on the boat are cutscened so User cant go were he wants at this stage.

What happens in Yallem:
- Alcehmy isnt big here, They are aware of what it is but they live simple lives and care little for it.
- Because the Taopo Swamp is not dried up anymore, there is work to be found in it
- The last earthquake however got some workers trapped and once you arive at Yallam and they are aware your, your fathers son they request your assisstance of your Venus psyngery ro remove some rocks in the cave.
- Upon entering the cave you are introduced to a Venus Djinn Bane it a cutscene.
- Whilst admits the cave there is another earthquake making it harder still to progress (Adds to the puzzel there)
- When you save the day and return to Yallem a hero you find that the last quake has destroyed your ship but also tore a rift in the mountains to the left allowing one to walk towards Garoh, lucky eh?

Towards Garoh:
- Upon entering the village (daytime) you discover that its empty, Well almost empty, apart from the few old age folk.
- They tell you of events going on Near Airs rock to the North. Apparently people at a new village of Tuuli beside Airs Rock have sighted a Monster like being on Airs Rock (the Garohs people is still secret)
- Piers daughter heard from her Father of the werewolves of Garoh however keeps it to herself.
- She suggests they should check it out.

What Happens in Tuuli: (Tuuli means Wind in Finnish)
- Oscar and DPiers confront the people of Garoh when they are alone and DPiers asks whats really going on, explaining what she knows.
- They are able to verify her story with a simple mind read
- Turns out the people of Garoh achnowleged that they could be found out thus are pretending to be there to help search for these mysterious beasts.
- They are also there secretly to find the werewolf (young boy) that is alone and afraid lost on the Rock.
- Party runs into a Jupiter Adept (Male, Jupiter Warrior) from the village who was the person that spotted them whilst exploring the rock.
- Whilst he is intriqued to find out what they are, He didnt mean to cause so much disturbance to them as they didnt attack him or anything.
- Scientists from as far as Kaylay and Tolbi have come to hopeully study them.
- Sciencetists already know that the people of Garoh hold mythic beasts Werewolf's at high regard so think they are the key of understanding whats going on.
- News of them has also brought a small group of hunters hoping to grab one to make a small buck.
- Oscar and DPiers offer to aid the people of Garoh cover up the predicment there in.
[/spoiler]

Part Three

[spoiler]Events at Airs Rock
- Oscar and PC2 stall the scientists and Hunters claiming they seen the beast just outside the village.
- One of the men of Garoh
sneaks out and towards Airs Rock to get the boy down of the rock safely.
- Oscar and PC2 swiftly make there way towards Airs Rock and upon arrival see two people descending.
- They are followed by the young Jupiter Adept PC3
and shortly after them The Hunters and Scholars show up
- The Hunters and Scholars demand an answer.
- PC3, quickly responds that it was all a ploy just to get some publicty to his small new village.
- Oscar and PC2 agree.
- Hunters are not happy and attack... and they lose due to there lack of psyngery.
- Everyone returns home, (Hunters in a Vengence mood and Scholers which you havent heard the last of)

Back to Tuuli:

- PC3 invites you and a few Garoh villagers into his house were they explain everything to him.
- As the people of Garoh are Jupiter adepts also they invite PC3 to come with them to Garoh to recieve some gifts.
- PC3 having lived alone for several years would like to explore the world and decides to travel with Oscar and PC2.
- PC3 suggests going to Gyllene, (once known as Mikasalla)
- Gyllene is now one of the most built up citys in Weyard after they obtained utmost wealth.
- Gyllene funded the establishment of the village Tuuli years before.

A trip into Garoh:

- The lycanthropes teach PC3 the psyngery mind read and also offer him a Jupiter Djinn as thanks:

To Gyllene:

- The city of Gyllene is much bigger than Mikasalla was and is now City status run by a mayor
- There wealth comes from a precious ore found in the Yampi Desert to the north.
- With Alhafra also driving from this ore, stocks are quickly being drained thus the main reason behind the creation on the village Tuuli which lies in somewhat desert area.
- When the party arrives in Gyllene they are quickly made aware of a robbery that had taken place several hours beforehand by theifs that match the description of the two hunters at Airs rock
- The Mayor of the city seems not to concerned of what was robbed from the civillans but rather than the secret of the ore stayed quiet with all the attention the city was getting in the past days and requests that you capture them.
- They are last seen entering the desert and thus you set of after them.[/spoiler]

Future Points to Expand on:

[spoiler]- The Ruins of Mount Aleph has a secert burried within it (No Not Alex) hehe Na the Psy Stones buried just below the rubble is rumored to grant anyone to be an adept.
- A subplot in the game will involve several battles with Non adept warriors throughout the game including a stint at the Colosso who eventually seek the stones at Mount Alph
and give you a much tougher battle closer to end game
- All the quakes and stoms at sea etc is simpley Weyard regenerating with plates moving back and forth. Good for the world and not bad tho it may seem like end of the world[/spoiler]

MaxiPower

MaxiPower

Hoopa

Um... you sure this is the right place to put this...?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

MaxiPower

Quote from: Whizkidhv on 15, July, 2010, 11:47:02 PM
Um... you sure this is the right place to put this...?

Now that you say it, it would probably be better in the creative works gallery part...

My, "My Characters" thread would probably need moved also...

woops.. 

Rolina

So then... where the hell are Jamie and Charon?  Atrius has an excuse, being AFK for a week or two, but the other two?  Not so much.

Hoopa

Jamie just...stopped coming I think. Charon said she was busy with some stuff too. And with Atrius off on a trip...we've got nobody in power here.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Aile~♥

Well, let's see how this "move topic" feature works. First time for everything, I guess!
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]