News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Roche Needs Artwork

Started by razorrozar7, 17, July, 2010, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorrozar7

I created a character in the Venus Adepts section of the community hack thread; his name is Roche. I suck at drawing and Role says I need one, so could someone create Roche for me? To quote Atrius, you'll get a cookie.

Thanks in advance.
My friends, we are all... steak.

He's coming back for His people. Are you ready?

Rolina

Oh, if only the artists here weren't sprite artists, they'd be so on that.  So far all we have is Rayflo, and... well, they've done a whole lot of nothing.  Try looking on Deviant Art for an artist who's style you think would work.  And yes, you'll probably have to pay them like the rest of us.

Atrius may work, but... I'm sure EVERYONE would rather him work on the editor.  Dunno if Charon would do anything, they seem to want to do their own thing, but then again, it's not like anyone's ever asked...

Salanewt

Actually, I have considered making a topic for artwork requests, but the reason why I have not done this is because... Well, I have two reasons:

1. I want to demonstrate my work first.

2. No easy methods of uploading work, including getting it onto my computer.

So, unless someone else can do it for you, I can try drawing it. However, it will be difficult to get it onto my computer.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

razorrozar7

I would much appreciate that, Sala. Unfortunately, I am broke, so the only thing I can give you is my undying gratitude. And respect.

Salanewt

QuoteI can give you is my undying gratitude. And respect.

That would be much better to me than money. However, I currently can not upload artwork... How about this? When I can figure out how to upload my pictures onto the computer, I will try to let you know so you can give me a vivid description of your character?

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

razorrozar7

That would work, or you could snail mail a hard copy to me.

Rolina

Oh, not bad.  You should have made a request topic sooner, Sala, I wasn't aware we had artists willing to take requests here.

The one redeeming quality of Venus - their leader is a very respectable person.

Salanewt

Aw, thanks Role. In fact, I do recall making a post somewhere a while ago about being able to do requests, but I can hardly see any evidence that someone would have noticed it. I suppose I can start a topic tonight for requests, which will include both sprites (Golden Sun themed only) and artwork. I might do audio, though I have not had too much experience with it.

Not a big fan of sending physical copies to actual addresses though, but I will see what I can do for getting pictures on the Internet.

Have a nice day.

RTGreece21

if im given descriptions, i can make quick sketches really well, and fast. ive sketched 2 characters for others, and 2 for myself, and im currently working on a sketch for another person. as for colour versions, those take time, unless your fine with pencil crayons.

the only reason it seems like i havent done much is because ive only uploaded ONE of MY character sketches in the Venus clan. the 2 that were done for others were put in my gallery topic or on DA. things are just a little out of place. i can have a sketch ready for ya in a day or two after today (i have to set up fireworks)
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Rolina

If we do make a request thread, it needs to be open to all artists to take requests, not just one person.  Basically, it'd be a "I've got a character idea, here's the description, is someone here able to tackle the art issue?" kind of thread.  Make sure you limit the amount of requests you can take.

Actually, make this in the community hack general section.  That way I can go in and edit in updates it if you're on vacation or something.

RTGreece21

actually, ive been on vacation for a week already. i've just been sneaking on, sorry. i'll be on vacation until august 3rd. some days i wont have internet, some days i will. i guess i should have announced that somewhere... >.< lol. in anycase, thats why ive been working so slowly lately.

i like the request idea though. it'll gather all that stuff in one place.
"Optimistic about Pessimism."
"Want to see my good side? Hah heh heh... That was a trick question. All I have are good sides."[/color]

Salanewt

QuoteIf we do make a request thread, it needs to be open to all artists to take requests, not just one person.  Basically, it'd be a "I've got a character idea, here's the description, is someone here able to tackle the art issue?" kind of thread.  Make sure you limit the amount of requests you can take.

Actually, make this in the community hack general section.  That way I can go in and edit in updates it if you're on vacation or something.

Good point. The topic was going to be open for all types of artwork, community hack or not, but I think I will not do that (so basically, check!). I better just add something to the new topic though, as well as to mention one or two more points in the info section.

Have a nice day.