News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun Save Game Editor (Version 2.0)

Started by powered_by_tux, 23, July, 2010, 09:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awec

Well, the name rather implies that it is focused on cheating.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Rolina

Quote from: Awec on 15, May, 2011, 04:31:36 AM
Well, the name rather implies that it is focused on cheating.

Roareye

This just proves that you shouldn't judge the book by it's cover. It can basically edit any value at any adress, so it can be used for lots and lots of purposes. It can be used on any actual executable file that's visible in the process window when run. The name's just a name.
I may be a bit rusty now... but lightning still flows through my veins.

The moon of Jupiter.

powered_by_tux

I made a major update to the Editor. The most notable change is that you can now edit Golden Sun (The Broken Seal/Book One) savegames, as a consequence the Editor was given a different title. Also you can now edit party members, i.e. to obtain members before you actually get them in game.

If you are interested at the source code, just open the jar archive with a zip file extractor, e.g. 7-Zip.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Oh cool. So there's a way to view the source code? Okay. I ought to take a look a little later. Have you ever considered putting in pictures of your editor in the first post, just wondering.

@Cheat Engine: For what purpose Roareye uses it for... That's a lot like how Atrius uses gamemaker to build an editor. Except Cheat Engine fits the debugging concept a bit closer than how an editor fits as a game, though. P.S.: And guess what? Salanewt and my editor for the M&L series is called Yoshi Magic, and it has little to do about Yoshi and Magic.
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

powered_by_tux

@Teawater
Yes, I have wanted to do that for a longer time. I just updated the first post to include some preview screenshots. Thanks for reminding me!

KaoDome

I wonder if changing the names of characters not in the party would be possible in a GS save file. I gave Felix a custom name and now I think I prefer the original one better but I wouldn't like to start playing again since I'm already ~20h in the game.

If that's possible, could you consider adding it to the editor? Thanks anyway.

Rolina

Well, Felix, Jenna, and Sheba are character slots 4, 5, and 6 in the data, so that would indeed be possible.  Of course, that also requires that this still be in development, and I haven't personally seen tux on in a while.

cai_miao

that's great, but how could i get the source code? i want to add a chinese translation.

--posted by mobile tablet

powered_by_tux

Wow, I rarely visit this board. It's nice to see that there is still interest in this project.

Quote from: KaoDome on 26, January, 2013, 03:45:26 PM
I wonder if changing the names of characters not in the party would be possible in a GS save file. I gave Felix a custom name and now I think I prefer the original one better but I wouldn't like to start playing again since I'm already ~20h in the game.

It's definitely possible and shouldn't be too much work. You can expect to see this in the next release.

Quote from: cai_miao on 10, April, 2013, 01:30:00 AM
that's great, but how could i get the source code? i want to add a chinese translation.

Extract the JAR file which is possible with any archiving tool. The *.java source files are interweaved with the *.class files. Yes, this is not pretty but still better than not sharing the source at all, no?  :happy:

If you want to translate the application you have to extract the jar, locate all message.properties files and translate all english strings. Then you have to send those files back to me and I will include it in the next release. I will also have to make necessary adjustments to the application in order to use the translated messages. Another todo for the next release.

Crystal Sonata

I can handle translations if you like. I'm well versed in English (My Primary Language), Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.