News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

A Tale of a Newt

Started by Salanewt, 10, September, 2010, 07:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

As you can see, I am going to start a story. At first, the plot will seem relatively straightforward with original characters in an original setting, but I am going to do something to change how you understand the story. These possibly minor changes will eventually tansform the story completely (requiring you to read from the beginning, or else you will not be able to follow along), and they will happen with little or no warning each chapter. I will start with one or two things before moving on to the prologue.

Starting Plot: This story starts in the late 1700s, in the town of York. Everyone has travelled to the town of York (what would later be known as Toronto) for their own reasons.

[spoiler=Characters]Characters:

Leslie: An Englishman from Great Britain. He moved from Britain to start a new life in North America, as most others have.
Harold: A Sheriff from the States. He upholds the law in a small county near the ocean. He rides a horse named Bucky.
Phillip: An RCMP officer from Upper Canada. He upholds the national laws of the British colonies. He has pledged his services to the Royal Family.
Sarah: Phillip's beau. She is quite well educated, but can not get a decent job because most employers of her time are prejudiced against women.
Roger: An Iroquois man. He is skilled in the ways of hunting, but his heritage is threatened by colonization from Europe. He uses his name because it is what was given to him by the English.
Ginger: A bit of a tomboy, Ginger crossdresses very often to allow her to get almost any job she wants, or to do things that normally only men would even think of doing. She is the only one who is aware of the changes in this story's plot, and she is often confused as to why everybody else has suddenly changed without noticing. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prologue]This story has been proofread and corrected by Salanewt, the godly otherworldly being behind the lives of our protagonists. Have fun!

Prologue: It was a warm spring morning in the town of York. The bees were buzzing, the deer were leaping throughout the forests, and the Passenger Pigeon was not yet extinct. The pine trees smelled strong and the snow was mostly gone when the fair Sarah ventured into the woods with her empty book. "In this land, this beautiful land of trees and water, I am going to document everything that can not be found in Britain." She exclaimed as if trying to prove her point to a wayward beaver. "And I shall collect it all in this book!"
"Hello there."
"Ah! Oh, hello? Who might you be?"
"I am called Roger, but my Iroquois name shall remain unknown for now. What is your name?"
Sarah pondered the thought in her head for a brief moment. "Sarah. I am quite pleased to meet you."
"Same to you. Come, I would like to show you around!"
"Oh, okay."

Meanwhile, at a pub in town, Leslie was drinking a beverage when one of the men at the started shouting. "Hey! That is my drink, eh? You better leave it alone; else you want to lose one of those pretty teeth of yours."
"Why you-"
"And what is going on here gentlemen?" Another man interrupted, wearing a red uniform.
"He stole my drink! I paid three cents for it!"
"No, I paid for it!"
"I do not recall seeing either of you here before, what were your names again?"
"Harold, sir."
"Um... George."
"Well, Harold and George, I am Phillip. As an officer, I would like to ask that you take any fights that you would have elsewhere"
"Fine by me."
"Okay."
"Good. Well, I am off. Have a fine day gentlemen, and do not drink yourselves under the bar now."

Looking down at his drink, Leslie could not help but notice how young George sounded. "The lad doesn't know what he is getting himself into, drinking at his age," muttered the man, before finishing his pint and watching a bar fight start.

"Eh! Stop fighting you all, or else-"

Leslie noticed that everyone was staring in his direction, so he turned around to see a tall hooded figure. There was something inhuman about whoever-or whatever-it was that that walked in...

[/spoiler]

And this is where I end my story for now. I will write a total of three chapters after this prologue. If I do not get enough input on it, I will cancel the story overall. Of course, I may continue anyway.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?