News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Fire Emblem

Started by Kain, 22, September, 2010, 03:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kain

I got the go ahead to make this so I am.  Feel free to add anything I might miss or have not yet covered.  I'm going to list everything I know of Fire Emblem so fellow members can get a better grip on the games controls and understand it better.

I won't cover basic GBA controls obviously.  So here goes.  First I'll start with Movement.  Each character has a certain range they can move in a turn.  Terrain affects how far someone can travel, these also offer protection and Avoidance.

Before I go on, I should cover that.  Protection is like defense as it adds to your units defense and resistance.  Different parts of the terrain can affect your defense and increase it.  Avoidance is added to your characters Luck, which affects their dodging.  With more avoidance, the lower the enemies chance to hit you.  The terrain works like this.

If You are standing on PLAIN and Enemy is standing on FOREST, the enemy gets a boost whereas you get nothing and this carries into combat.  Most people ignore terrain, but it can make a huge difference in combat if you know how to properly exploit it.  This is a list of terrain.

Plain:  0 Defense, 0 Avoidance.

Forest: Offers 1 Defense, 20 Avoidance.  One bit of these will drop your movement down by usually one, however if you are in a greatly wooded area, you could be lowered down to so much as 2-3 steps only.  Mounted units suffer the most as even if there's only one tree, their movement can be cut down by 2.

Fort:  2 Defense, 20 Avoidance.  If you stand on these for a turn and when your turn comes around again, you regain a small bit of HP.  Usually it's 2 points.

House: 0 Defense, 10 Avoidance.  Go inside to talk to residents.  Sometimes you'll be given tips or items.

Mountain: 1 Defense, 30 Avoidance.  Mounted units cannot go over these at all.  Foot units can, but their movement is very limited because they're only allowed a movement of 1.

Peak:  2 Defense.  40 Avoidance.  Only Brigands and fliers can go over these things.

Pillar:  1 Defense, 20 avoidance.  No benefits at all.

Sea/Water:  0 Defense, 10 Avoidance.  Only Pirates and fliers can cross these.

Throne:  2 Defense, 20 Avoidance.  Usually bosses sit here.  This spot will restore a units HP by 3 or 5 so long as they are sitting here when your turn begins.

Village:  0 Defense, 20 Avoidance.  Go inside here and talk to townsfolk.  Inside these you usually get items, gold or weapons.  Sometimes you even recruit new characters.  Once you've visited the village, the front gate closes and you can no longer enter it.  However, if an enemy were to beat you to the village, it will turn into ruins and you cannot enter.

Village Ruins:  0 Defense.  0 Avoidance.

Flying units are not affected by the terrain.  However, weather can come into play.  Rain and snow affects your characters movements.  Mounted units are reduced to 1-2 movement spots at best and your foot soldiers can move for maybe 3 points while your flying is reduced to around 4 I believe.

Also, there's another weather factor called Fog.  Your characters can only see 3-4 spaces around them.  However, a thief can see up to 8 spaces away in the fog.  If you use an item called Torch, you get the same effect for that unit, however it fades on each turn.

That covers Terrain and weather.  Now I'll move onto Combat information.  Sub areas: Weapons triangle, stats and items.

First up is the weapons!  Swords, Axes, Lances and Bows.  We all know Sword beats axe.  Axe beats lance.  Lance beats sword and bow remains out of the triangle.  There are weapons that can reverse the circle however.  Lancereaver, Axereaver and Swordreaver are all weapons that are specifically made for countering a class that weapon is usually weak to.  Example is the Lancereaver...this sword is now weak to axes.

Now...I'm unsure if this is a glitch, but in my game I often got an axe called Swordreaper.  The description is "An axe great against Swordmasters" and it works just like the Swordreaver, however the stats are slightly different.  I'll have to look into it more.

Now that we've gone over Weapons and their reaver counterparts, I feel I should explain a bit more of the weapons.  Let's go with the basic Iron Sword.

Iron Sword:    Rank E   Range 1    Weight 5    Might 5  Hit 90  Critical 0   Uses 46   Price   460G

Rank:  Every character has a level of mastery over weapons with - Being non-usable, E minimal, D casual, C novice, B rookie, A adept and S master.  The higher your rank, the better weapons you can use.

Might:  How much damage the weapon can cause.  It's Weapon+Strength-Defense and that's how you get damage IIRC.

Hit:  How much of a chance this weapon will hit something.

Critical:  Chance of this weapon giving a critical hit.

Weight:  Your Speed - The weight - Enemy speed = How many times you can attack in one turn.  Two is the max.

Range:  How far away you can attack.  It's a sword so you have to be next to them.

Uses:  How many times this weapon can be used before it breaks and becomes useless.  Broken items are discarded automatically.

Price:  How much the weapon costs.

Each and every weapon in the game has a set of stats like this.

Slim Sword   E   1   2   3   100   5   30   480 G

-Skipping Iron-

Iron Blade:     D   1   12   8   70    0  35   980 G

Steel Sword:  D   1   10   8   70    0  30   600 G

Longsword:    D   1   11   6   85    0  18   1260 G  Effective Against Cavalry.  (Mounted units.)

Armorslayer:   D   1   11   8   80    0  18   1260 G  Effective against infantry.  (Knights)

Poison Sword: D   1    6   3   70    0  40    NA       Coated in Lethal Poison.  (Brigands carry these.  Unobtainable usually.)

Wo Dao:        D   1    5   8   75   35  20    NA       Improves Critical hit rate.  (Unobtainable usually.)

Wyrmslayer:   C   1    5   7   75    0   20    3000 G  Effective against wyverns.

Killing Edge:    C   1    7   9   75   30  20    1300 G  Improves Critical hit rate.

Lancereaver:  C   1   9    9    75   5   15     1800 G  Strong against spears.

Steel Blade:   C   1   14  11   65   0   25     NA

Light Brand:   C  1-2  9   9    70   0   25     NA        Suffused with light magic.

Brave Sword: B   1   12   9    75   0   30     NA        Can strike consecutively.  (Attack goes up to 4 if fast enough.)

Runesword:   A  1-2 11   12   65   0   15     NA        Imbued with Dark Magic.

Silver Sword: A    1   8   13   80   0   20     1500 G

Silver Blade:  A    1  13   14  60   0    15     1800 G

Rapier:       Prf    1   5    7   95   10   40     NA       Effective against Infantry.

=_=;  Ugh...that took forever.  I'll add other weapons another time.

Before I forget, Bows deal 3X damage to Flying units, so be careful.

Anyways, getting back on track.  Weapons aren't the only things around.

Tomes, Staves and magic all around.

The mage classes work with magic obviously.  Mages work with Anima magic.  Monks work with Light Magic.  Shamans work with Dark Magic.  Clerics work with Healing magic.

Anima is strong against Light, but weak to dark.  Dark is strong against Anima but weak to light.  Light is strong against Dark but weak to Anima.

Healing does not attack at all.

Now even though the characters have their tomes, they aren't shown holding anything when fighting.  (Save for Clerics and Bishops who have their stave.)  When healing though, Druids and Sages are shown holding a stave.

I'll list tomes and staves later when I'm working on weapons.  ^^;

Stats

HP:  How much health a character has.  Humans only go up to 60.  Laguz have been known to go higher but I'm not sure what the cap is.  The Fire Dragon on Rekka no Ken has 120 HP.

Pow:  Your characters power/strength/magic.  The higher this stat, the more damage they do.

Skl:  Skill determines many things.  Your hit rate, your critical rate and the chance of activating special skills like the Assassins Silencer.

To calculate a critical...  Unit's Skill / 2 + weapon critical chance + support bonus (if any) + the class critical bonus or skills (if any) - the enemy's luck + 5%

Spd:  Speed is one of the statistics used in Fire Emblem games, which measures a character's swiftness in combat. A high Speed rating will affect a character's ability to evade enemy attacks, and their chances to double attack their opponents.

The higher the hit percentage for the enemy, the more likely they will hit you. On the contrary, if they have a low hit percentage, then the enemy will have less of a chance landing a hit on you. What your speed does is that it affects how high or how low that hit percentage is. For example, the hit percentage of a hero would be 80% when your speed is 10. Now, your speed is at 20 and you face that hero again. The hero's hit percentage would be lower, at about 60-65%.

Double attacking is when a character attacks the opponent more than once. This happens when your character's speed is greater than the opponents speed by at least 4 points. The type of weapon also matters. If the weight of a weapon is greater than your constitution, each point greater than your constitution will reduce your speed. So if your constitution is 10, your speed is at 20, and the weight of your weapon is 15, you will lose 5 speed points. Now when you have that same constitution and that same weight and speed and go against a myrmidon that has a speed of 19, you will only attack once while the enemy myrmidon will attack twice. This is because your character's new speed is 15 while the myrmidon's speed is 19.

Def:  Your characters defense determines how much damage you can resist.  To calculate damage, like I said before, I believe it is Power+Weapon-Defense=Damage

Res:  Resistance is like defense, but only for magic.  I believe it's calculated the same way.  Magic+Tome-Resistance=Damage.

Luc:  Luck.  It affects a few things, though the game is vague on that.  It affects dodge rate, hit rate, enemies critical, your chance to land a critical and I believe off combat, the chance an enemy will attack you compared to another unit in range.

Con:  Constitution...in laymen terms...the characters weight.  If a character has a con lower than a weapons weight, they cannot equip it.  Also, if a unit has a con of 6, they cannot rescue a unit of a higher con.  However, they could easily rescue someone of a lower con.  Con also affects speed with a weapon.

Mov:  Movement.  How far a character can move.  Mounted units have a plus 2 to movement.

Aid:  Generally same thing as con.  Aid is how high someones con can be before you can't rescue them.  As con goes up, so does aid.

Items

Vulnerary:  A medicinal solution used for healing minor wounds.  (Restores 10 hp).  Can be bought at all vendors for 300 G.  3 uses.

Elixer:  A powerful solution that restores all HP.  Can be found in secret shops and vendors in later parts of the game.  Costs 3000 G and has 3 uses.

Pure Water:  A draught that boosts Resistance. Grows weaker each turn.  Vendors in later parts sell them for 900 G.  Can be used 3 times.

Anti-toxin:  A medicinal solution that cures poison.  Can be bought later on for 450 G.  Has 3 uses.

Mine:  A trap that damages units that step on it.  Usually found in certain parts.  buy for 300 G and has 1 use.  (This item is also used to cheat on the game.  I'll explain here.

1.  Place a mine.
2.  Wait for enemy.
3.  When enemy steps on mine, right as the fire comes up, turn OFF your game.
4.  Turn your game back on and resume.  The flames will rise up and the unit will take damage.
5.  You now have control of the enemy team for the rest of their turn.

A very cheap shot, but useful if your units suck and need exp since you can make all units discard their weapons.)

Light Rune:  A device that blocks units from entering spaces.  Can be bought for 800 G and has 1 use.  Lasts for a few turns and works best in doorways.

Torch:  A staff with burning pitch. Grows dimmer each turn.  Costs 500 G and has 5 uses.  Use this in Fog to see.

Door Key:  Opens doors.  Costs 50 G and has 1 use.

Chest Key:  Opens chests.  Costs 1500 G and has 5 uses.

Lockpick:  Opens doors and chests. Usable only by thieves and assassins.  Costs 1200 G and has 15 uses.

Red Gem:  An uncommon gemstone worth 2500 gold.  Cannot buy.

Blue Gem:  An uncommon gemstone worth 5000 gold.  Cannot buy.

White Gem:  An uncommon gemstone worth 10,000 gold.  Cannot buy.

Delphi Shield:  An amulet of the god Delphi. Protects fliers from arrows.  Cannot sell or buy.  (Found in a chest.)

Iron Rune:  A device that negates enemy critical attacks.  Cannot buy or sell.  (Dropped by a boss.)

Member Card:  Lets you shop in Secret Shops.

Silver Card:  Cuts cost of everything in half.

Afa's Drops:  Special Item.  Increases stat growth by 5%.  (Given by Athos.)

Whew...that's all for now.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

Is this supposed to be a general fanclub, or an FAQ?  Because there's another site for FAQs, you know.

Salanewt

I guess it could be for discussions, but Kain was also given permission to type a basic guide here (from what I have read).

By the way, you forgot to mention something about Thrones Kain (although that is not too important when it comes to terrain). In levels with them (as some levels require that all monsters are killed), you need a Lord unit to Seize the throne to move on to the next level. Quite often, or just Gates if I recall share the same traits that Thrones do, but are used in the outside maps. I think this is why they force the Game Over screen on you if your Lord dies.

Have a nice day.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Overlord Kain on 22, September, 2010, 03:32:15 PM
Now...I'm unsure if this is a glitch, but in my game I often got an axe called Swordreaper.  The description is "An axe great against Swordmasters" and it works just like the Swordreaver, however the stats are slightly different.  I'll have to look into it more.
That's not a glitch; The weapon is called Swordslayer. Like you said, it reverses the Weapon Triangle AND it's strong against Myrmidon/Swordmasters. That was put in so that Swordmasters couldn't be rapers in this game like they were in FE6. As a result, Swordmasters are useless (Also due to the Iron Rune)

EDIT: The Afa Drops are only given to you if you have tactician (You can choose to create one when you start Eliwood's/Hector's Modes)

Charon

Quote from: Role on 22, September, 2010, 06:40:51 PM
Is this supposed to be a general fanclub, or an FAQ?  Because there's another site for FAQs, you know.
Oh, but a certain someone was too lazy to go look it up, hmm? I gave the green light on this topic anyhow so it's no big deal.

Anyways, this is really for general FE discussion... so...

Can't wait for FE12 to hop the pond. They're already working on a English translation, but no release date is up yet... I've played the game in Emulato though. Seems like its got Shadow Dragon's smooth learning curve...EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THERE'S 8 FREAKING PROLOGUES. GAAAAH (there's probably a way to skip them, though lol). Still looking forward to it, though. Might actually be the first FE I actually purchase, lol.

Salanewt

Speaking of Fire Emblem discussion, I just started another file in Sacred Stones last night, and should be on Chapter 9. I can easily get Amelia to join me, but it seems that I keep getting Franz killed the turn after I recruit her. I might just go to the Tower of Valni to train him though (not to mention that I have two chances to recruit Amelia, since I chose Eirika's route). This time round, I am going to try to get every character. The problem with my last file was that I was playing around with some codes that I found, and I created new units. Long story short, Kyle and Forde died without dying, and Tethys was recorded as a unit that I still had to meet. On the positive side, I managed to get some messed up units on my team (Eirika with Vanessa's portrait and can use Javelins).

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

thenightsshadow

If you're up for a challenge, try not using the Tower of Valni.
Don't bug me too much.  After all, the 'shadow is always Sirius.

Salanewt

I normally am up for a challenge, but I am playing this file as a refresher, so I want to train all of my guys up. Besides, my only useful units are Seth, Forde, Kyle, Franz (when he isn't dying), Gilliam, Joshua, Garcia, and sometimes Moulder. My mages, which are usually my favourites to use, are terrible right now. In fact, Lute is only level 1, along with Colm, Natasha, and probably one or two others. Neimi and Artur are not very strong either, despite having a few levels added (same with Eirika too, but I have been holding her back for a few chapters now). I did manage to get Ross to level 2 or 3 before unlocking the Tower, but it could have been a fluke. Vanessa is pretty much the same, although I do not often train as often as I would like with fliers.

Have a nice day.

Luigisuperstar

Quote from: Salanewt on 23, September, 2010, 03:12:49 PM
I normally am up for a challenge, but I am playing this file as a refresher, so I want to train all of my guys up. Besides, my only useful units are Seth, Forde, Kyle, Franz (when he isn't dying), Gilliam, Joshua, Garcia, and sometimes Moulder. My mages, which are usually my favourites to use, are terrible right now. In fact, Lute is only level 1, along with Colm, Natasha, and probably one or two others. Neimi and Artur are not very strong either, despite having a few levels added (same with Eirika too, but I have been holding her back for a few chapters now). I did manage to get Ross to level 2 or 3 before unlocking the Tower, but it could have been a fluke. Vanessa is pretty much the same, although I do not often train as often as I would like with fliers.

Have a nice day.
you know I was always able to get Ross to promote out of his trainee before ch.5(then again I used ch.3's boss to train him.)
Dood.

Salanewt

I never really bother to work on him until I unlock the tower. By the way, he is now a Pirate (and Amelia is on my team too). In fact, Lute and Artur are a bit better now (from around 8-10, I forget). Otherwise, most of my units are still weak. Tana went up on this chapter already, despite just getting her. Seth has picked up Amelia to prevent her death, since she will be trained later.

By the way, what should she be? Knight or Cavalier? I like the Cavalier's movement, but I can only have one Knight if that happens. Ewan will become a Shaman, moving on to Druid, and Knoll will be a Summoner. Lute will be a Mage Knight, Artur a Sage (might as well get a second one), Moulder a Bishop, Natasha into a Valkyrie, and L'Arachel will be a Mage Knight as well. However, I can not decide for Amelia.

Have a nice day.

Kain

Regardless of what you choose, Amelia is going to be stronger than Seth, your first knight character or Duessel, depending on which route you go.  I personally would make her a General.  Franz, Kyle and Ford all have the possibility to become Paladins or Heavy Knights depending on their speed and strength growth.

By the way, Vanessa or Tana, are you going to make one of them a Draco Knight, or are they both going to be the same unit?  (Draco Knight or Pegasus Lord)  If you go with Pegasus, you get the triangle attack, but you miss out on the Draco Knight.

Salanewt

That is a problem, isn't it? I am likely to go for each class, so I will go for a Wyvern Knight (and then Cormag will be my Wyvern Lord, as he is the only chance that I have until I go for the secret characters (like Valter and Selena)). Vanessa will be the Wyvern Knight, while Tana will be my second Falcoknight. I can always use codes to create more characters once I have every character maxed out. Thanks for your advice for Amelia, by the way. I guess I will work on making her a General.

Have a nice day.

Kain

Okay, getting back into the swing of things here.  Yes, my bad it's Swordslayer.  I only ever got one through the whole game so I was wondering about it.

Anyways, moving on.  I'm going to list Lances.

Slim Lance:     E  1    4  4  85  5  30   450G   A light lance usually prefered by women.
Iron Lance:     E  1    8  7  80  0  45   360G   
Javelin:          E 1-2 11  6  65   0 20  400G    Doubles as ranged attack.
Poison Lance:  E  1    8  4   65  0 40  NA       Coated in lethal poison.  (Not normally obtainable.)
Steel Lance:   D  1   15 10  70  0 30   480G
Heavy Spear:  D  1   14  9  70  0 16   NA       Effective against Knights
Horseslayer:   D  1    13  7  70  0 16  NA        Effective against cavalry
Killer Lance:   C  1     9 10  70  0  20  1200G   Improves Critical hit rate.
Short Spear:  C 1-2  12   9  60  0  18  NA        Doubles as ranged attack.
Axereaver:    C  1     11 10  70  5  15  1950G   Strong against Axes.
Spear:          B 1-2  10  12  70  5  15  NA        Doubles as ranged attack.
Brave Lance: B  1    14  10  70  0  30  7500G    Can strike consecutively.
Silver Lance: A  1    10  14  75  0  20  1200G   

Okay that takes care of lances.  Next we have Axes.

Iron Axe:         E   1  10   8  75   0   45  270G
Steel Axe:       E   1  15  11  65   0   30  360G
Hand Axe:       E 1-2 12   7  60   0   20  300G
Devil Axe:       E   1  18  18  55   0   20  NA       Might Injure its wielder.
Halberd:         D   1  15  10  60   0   18  NA       Effective against cavalry.
Hammer:        D   1  15  10  55   0   20  NA       Effective against knights.
Poison Axe:    D   1  10   4  60   0   40  NA       Coated in lethal poison.  (Not normally obtainable.)
Killer Axe:      C   1  11  11  65  30   20  1000G  Improves critical hit rate.
Swordreaver: C   1  13  11  65   5   15  2100G  Strong against swords.
Swordslayer:  C   1  13  11  80   5   15  NA      Strong against swords and deals more damage to sword users.
Brave Axe:     B   1  16  10  65   0   30  NA        Can strike consecutively.
Silver Axe:     A   1  12  15  70   0   20  1000G   
Tomahawk:    A 1-2 14  13  65   0   15  NA          Doubles as ranged attack.

There's axes.  Now time for Bows.

Iron Bow:    E   2   5  6  85  0  45    540G
Steel Bow:  D   2   9  9  70  0   30   720G
Short Bow:  D   2   3  5  85 10  30  1760G  Improves critical hit rate.
Longbow:    D 2-3 10 5  65  0   20  2000G  Extended attack range.
Poison Bow: D   2   5  4  65  0   40       NA  Coated in lethal poison.  (Not normally obtainable.)
Killer Bow:   C   2   7  9  75 30   20  1400G  Improves critical hit rate.
Brave Bow:  B   2 12 10  70  0   30        NA  Can strike consecutively.
Silver Bow:  A   2  6  13  75  0  20  1600G

-Stretches-  Well, that's that for weapons.  Class is over but I'll try and get the magic side up later today.

Salanewt

Nice guide, but I have a question. Which game do these lists come from? I recognize most, if not all of the weapons, but I have noticed that one or two are missing.

Have a nice day.

Kain

Mostly basic FE weapons from Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones.  I'm not including certain Prf or Legendary weapons like Wolf Beil or Rex Hasta because AFAIK Hector was the only character to ever have that weapon and Rekka no Ken was the only game to have Rex Hasta.  Rapier is included because every lord and their family has this weapon for some reason.

If I'm missing any (Which is likely.) I'll be sure to add them later.  However, this is also a discussion area and you can list any weapons, hints or info I might miss or have not yet covered if you so wish.  If you don't know the stats, that's fine.  I can list them afterwards.

Speeds up.  Back to work.

Kain

Alright well, I've put this off long enough.  Time to list the Tomes and magics of the Fire Emblem world.  I'm going to add in some of the weapons from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn later on once I've finished adding in GBA's weapons.  That way you guys can include them into the hack if you wish.

Okay so, first up is Anima Magic.  Anima is elements.  As far as I'm aware, there are sadly, no earth spells.  Here's a tidbit you might not have known.  Monsters on the free roaming mode sometimes have their own magic attacks and these fall under the Dark magic category.  Bishops with their Slayer are a true nightmare to these types of monsters since they not only get a boost for their Light magic being stronger than Dark Magic, but Slayer is active, letting them deal extra damage to monster units.  Moving on.

Fire:  E  1-2  4  5  90  0  40  560 G    Regular magic tome.  Fairly common.

Thunder:  D  1-2  6  8  80  5  35  700 G  Regular magic tome.

Elfire:  C  1-2  10  10  85  0  30  1200 G  Regular magic tome.

Bolting:  B  3-10  20  12  60  0  5  NA  Long range lightning strike.  Not usually bought.

Fimbulvetr:  A  1-2  12  13  80  0  20  NA  Fairly rare magic tome.  Cannot be bought.

Excalibur:  S  1-2  13  18  90  10  25  NA  Rare magic tome.  One of the legendary Anima spells.

At first I wasn't going to list it, but I figured why not.

Forblaze:  Prf  1-2  11  14  85  5  20  NA  Boosts luck by 5.  Only usable by Athos.

Now we move onto Light magic.  As stated before, it's stronger against Dark magic and weak to Anima magic.  Practitioners of this magic are depicted as religious people.

Lightning:  E  1-2  6  4  95  5  35  630 G  Regular magic tome.

Shine:  D  1-2  8  6  90  8  30  630 G  Regular magic tome.

Divine:  C  1-2  12  8  85  10  25  2500 G  Regular magic tome.

Purge:  B  3-10  20  10  75  5  5  NA  Long range magic attack.

Aura:  A  1-2  15  12  85  15  20  NA  Somewhat rare light spell.

Luce:  S  1-2  16  16  95  25  25  NA  A very powerful and rare light magic spell.

Aureola:  S  1-2  14  15  90  5  20  NA  Boosts resistance by 5 points.  One of the legendary light spells.  Said to be able to pierce darkness.

Now onto Dark magic.  The consumer of man.

Flux:  D  1-2  8  7  80  0  45  900 G  Regular magic tome.

Nosferatu:  C  1-2  14  10  70  0  20  NA  Drains enemy HP into the caster.  Not usually bought.  More often found on opponents.

Luna:  C  1-2  12  0  95  20  35  NA  Negates enemy resistance.  Useful for fighting other mages obviously.

Eclipse:  B  3-10  12  --  30  0  5  NA  Reduces enemy HP by half.

Fenrir:  A  1-2  18  15  70  0  20  9000 G  Usually found in chests but it can be bought for a price.

Gespenst:  S  1-2  20  23  80  0  25  NA  Not exactly legendary, but it is rare.

Now...I HAD to list the all time best dark magic spell.

Apocalypse:  S  1-2  12  18  80  5  20  NA  Boosts magic by 5.  Effective against wyvern riders, wyvern lords and manaketes.  The legendary and rumored most powerful of all dark magics.

Ereshkigal  -  1-2  12  23  95  0  --  NA  Used by Nergel on Rekka no Ken.  Now, you're probably wondering why there's a - by the rank.  Well, the weapon isn't Prf and it doesn't have a rank because it's not obtainable by usual methods.  You can hack the game into giving you this spell though.  (All hail Canas!  Mwuahahaha!)  And any dark magic user, regardless of level, rank in magic or stats can use it and become quite deadly towards anything.

Alright, now onto healing staffs.  Healers, just like light magic users, are depicted as religious or holy type people.  However, on recent GC and Wii titles, if attacked by a close range fighter, they would retaliate by attacking with their staff.  (However, since cleric types do not gain stats in Magic or Strength, this will not do much damage.   Besides, WHY is your healer in attack range anyways?!)

Name  Level  Range  Usage  Price  Description

Heal:  E  1  30  600 G   Respotes HP to allies in adjacent spaces.  (I've noticed it heals roughly 13 HP.)

Mend:  D  1  20  1000 G  Restores many HP to allies in adjacent spaces.  (I've noticed it restores roughly around 35 HP.)

Recover:  C  1  15  2250 G  Restores all HP to allies in adjacent spaces.

Physic:  B  MP/2 (I think this means their movement divided in half.)  15  3750 G  Restores HP to allies at a distance.  (I think it restores around 25 HP.)

Fortify:  A  MP/2  8  NA  restores HP to allies in range.  (I dont think the range matters.  I've had Serra use it once and Eliwood was across the map and was fully healed afterwards.)

Restore:  C  1  10  2000 G  Returns allies to normal condition.  (Cures status effects like poison, sleep, berserk, silence, etc.)

Barrier:  C  1  15  2250 G  Increases magic resistance to adjacent allies briefly.

Silence:  B  MP/2  3  NA  Halts all enemy magic for several turns.

Sleep:  B  MP/2  3  NA  Puts enemies to sleep for several turns.

Berserk:  B  MP/2  3  NA  Sends enemies into a berserker rage.  Unit will attack friend and foe alike.

Unlock:  D  1-2  10  1500 G  unlocks doors, even from a distance.

Torch:  D  MP/2  10  1000 G  Lights an area.  The light grows weaker each turn.

Hammerne:  C  1  3  NA  Restores an adjacent allies weapons to new condition.  Ex:  Silver Sword 2/20 uses left.  Use Hammerne:  Silver Sword 20/20.

Rescue:  B  MP/2  3  NA  Moves allies from distance spaces to adjacent ones.

Warp:  A  1  5  NA  Moves allies in adjacent spaces instantly elsewhere.  Can be exploited by sending a unit to any place on the map.

That's all for magic.

Now, there IS a special bard/dancer class that allows units to go another turn if they dance for them.  However, they do have a set of rings that allow certain things.

Name  Usage  Decription

Filla's Might:  15  Increases allies attack for a turn.

Nini's Grace:  15  Increases allies defense for a turn.

Thor's Ire:  15  Increases critical hit % for a turn.

Set's Litany:  15  Increases allies dodge for a turn.

That covers Rekka no Ken (excluding Apocalypse, which is from this games sequel.)  Any other bits of information, I will add later.  But for now, that's that.

Salanewt

Oh, I love Fimbulvetr! That and Excalibur have to be my favourite Anima tomes to use. Bolting is cool, and Elfire is pretty good too. Luckily, I am at the Narube River now, sending all of my upgraded characters (few of which are above level 1 or 2, aside from my level 20 Seth). I also got the Metis's Scroll from Jehanna, but I used it on my level 1 Pupil, Ewan. When I feel like training him, that is when he will be incredible useful.

By the way, would anyone consider beating every chapter up to 16 a considerably exceptional partial playthrough? It is enough for me to remember how everything works, and I also remember everything that comes past this (oh, and I am already at the part where I can talk to Syrene, the last of the characters who can join my team during normal gameplay). Anyway, I ask because I want to make Lyon surrender his items to me (Fenrir). I once used a code a while back. It would basically work like the control enemy glitch, except that it is done through code.

Oh yeah, I do not know for sure, but where there ever any other Fire Emblem games with Blizzard? I am fairly certain that only Shadow Dragon had Imhulu and Starlight, but I do not know about Blizzard.

Have a nice day.

Kain

Well, if I recall, Blizzard is a long range B rank Wind spell from Path of Radiance.  Anyways, moving on.  EDIT:  I was close, it's a C rank.

Magic is a staple of gameplay in the Fire Emblem series. While the amount of damage a unit takes from a physical determined partially by that unit's defence, the amount of damage taken from a magic attack is determined by resistance so magic can be very effective even if the unit being attacked has high defence.. Also, magic is unique because it can be cast as both as melee and a ranged attack, allowing the caster to avoid retaliation from melee attackers during the player's turn and deal counterattacks against most attacks. Usually, magic is cast from a tome or staff which bequeaths a certain number of castings. When that number is reached, the weapon loses its power and depending on the game, becomes broken awaiting repair or is discarded. Starting from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu, there has been a "rock-paper-scissors" type magic system where certain types are more effective against other types.

The first magic triangle, now known as the Anima triangle, was introduced in Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. It is also featured in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and goes as follows:

Fire beats Wind
Wind beats Thunder
Thunder beats Fire

I never got it either, but whatever.

Now before I get back into posting more information, I'm going to take the time to finish organizing the weapons.

Name            DUR  LVL  MT  HIT  CRT  WT  RNG  COST
Laguzslayer      15   C    9     75    0    12     1    900  Deals more damage to Laguz, but is extra effective against bird laguz.

Sonic Sword      25   B    10   70    0     9    1-2   2750  Just like the wind sword.  However, unlike the Wind Sword from Rekka no Ken, this version relies on the magic stat to deal damage from distance spaces.

Vague Katti      25    S    12   80   35    8     1     NONE  Stefan gives you this weapon on Path of Radiance.  It's powerful and has high criticals.

Flame Lance      25   B    10   70    0    12   1-2   7500  Can be thrown at enemies, but like the Sonic Sword, requires magic to be effective at longer ranges.

Knight Killer       18   D    7    70   0      16   1      1170 Deals more damage to Knights and mounted knights.

Laguz Lance      15   C    12  75   0      17   1      1620 Deals more damage to laguz but does extra damage to beast type laguz.

Wishblade*       20   S    16  80   5      15   1-2   NONE  This weapon is used by the last boss of the game, but it IS possible to acquire this weapon in the Trial Maps.

Short Axe        15   C    10  65    0      13   1-2   1500 Much like the handaxe, but stronger and has a higher hit rate.

Bolt Axe         25   B     10   70   0       12  1-2    3750  Works similar to the hand axe.  However, when being thrown, it requires magic to deal damage.

Laguz Axe      15   C     13   65   0        16   1    5250  An axe powerful against laguz.  It does extra damage to dragon laguz.

Poleaxe          18   D    10   60   0        18   1     810  Looks like a spear with an axe head.  Does extra damage to mounted units.

Urvan*           ??   S    18   70   5        18   1     NONE  Greils axe, the one he fought the Black Knight with when he died.  It's possible to get this during the Trial Maps.

Bright Bow       ??   B    10  70    0        9   2      ????  Only obtainable through cheat codes.  This bow dishes out light magic damage.

Double Bow       20  SS    7   65    0       10  5      NONE   A holy bow capable of damaging blessed armors.

Wind magic time.

Blizzard         5    C    8   75   0    10  3-10 700  Long range attack.
Elwind           30   D    4   90   0    2   1-2  1650 Medium power magic tome.
Rexcalibur       ??   S    12  85   0    9   1-2  NONE Very powerful wind spell.
Tornado          20   A    6   90   0    5   1-2  1800 Powerful wind spell.
Wind             40   E    2   100  0    1   1-2  520 Basic magic tome.

Wind magic does more damage to Thunder and Bird laguz.

Fire Magic

Bolganone        20   A    9   85   0    9   1-2  2000 Powerful magic tome.
Elfire           30   D    5   85   0    5   1-2  1800 Medium power magic tome.
Fire             40   E    3   95   0    3   1-2  560 Basic magic tome.
Meteor           5    C    11  70   0    11  3-10 750 Long range fire spell.
Rexflame         ??   S    14  85   0    12  1-2  NONE Very powerful magic tome.

Fire Magic does more damage to Wind and Beast laguz.

Thunder Magic

Bolting          5    C    13  65   5    13  3-10 800 Long range attack.
Elthunder        30   D    7   75   10   6   1-2  1950 Medium power magic tome.
Rexbolt          20   S    15  75   10   14  1-2  NONE Very powerful magic tome.
Thoron           20   A    10  85   5    7   1-2  2200 Powerful magic tome.
Thunder          40   E    4   85   5    3   1-2  600 Basic magic tome.

Thunder deals more damage to fire and dragon laguz.

Light Magic

Light            40   D    2   80   0    4   1-2  800   Basic magic tome.
Nosferatu        20   A    7   70   0    12  1-2  3000   Powerful magic tome.  Drains HP into caster.
Purge            5    B    10  70   0    8   3-10 1000   Long range attack.
Rexaura          20   S    12  85   5    10  1-2  NONE   Very powerful magic tome.
Shine            30   C    4   75   0    6   1-2  2100   Medium power magic tome.

Stave

Ashera Staff     3     S     Full   NONE  1-M/2  Heal everyone in range   NONE

Knives

Dagger           30   NONE 4   90   0    4   1    600
Knife            30   NONE 2   100  5    2   1    320
Stiletto         20   NONE 8   95   10   8   1    1500

Only useable by theives, assassins and sages on PoR and RD.

Okay, next I'm going to list Items from PoR.

Antitoxin        3     Stops Poison
Archer Band      INF   Increases chance of increasing Skill/Speed when leveling
Arms Scroll      1     Increases weapon level
Ashera Icon      1     Increases luck by 2
Beorcguard       INF   1/2's damage dealt by beorc. For Laguz
Blue Gem         1     Sold For Gold
Boots            1     Increases movement by 2
Coin             1     Sold For Gold
Demi Band        INF   Allows laguz to be in attack form. Stats are lowered
Dracoshield      1     Increases defence by 2
Elixir           3     Completely Heals Unit
Energy Drop      1     Increases strength by 2
Fighter Band     INF   Increases chance of increasing HP/Str when leveling up
Full Guard       INF   Cancels any bonus damage a weapon may inflict
Knight Band      INF   Increases chance of increasing Def/Str when leveling up
Knight Ring      INF   Gives unit a cavalry like movement after an action
Knight Ward      1     Increases defence and resistance by 3
Laguz Stone      2     Changes a humanoid form Laguz to attack form
Laguz Band       INF   Allows Laguz to stay in attack form w/out status deduct
Laguzguard       INF   1/2's damage taken by Laguz.
Mage Band        INF   Increases chance of increasing Magic when leveling up
Master Seal      1     Promotes a LVL 10+ Unit.
Pegasus Band     INF   Increases chance of increasing Res/Luck when leveling up
Priest Band      INF   Increases chance of increasing Res/Luck when leveling up
Pure Water       3     Increases Resistance for short periods of time.
Paladin Band     INF   Increases chance of increasing HP/Speed when leveling up
Red Gem          1     Sold For Gold
Secret Book      1     Increases Skill by 2
Seraph Robe      1     Increases HP by 7
Soldier Band     INF   Increases chance of increasing HP/Def when leveling up
Speedwing        1     Increases Speed by 2
Spirit Dust      1     Increases Magic by 2
Statue Frag      1     Increases unit's Build by 2*
Sword Band       INF   Increases chance of increasing DEF/Luck when leveling up
Talisman         1     Increases resistance by 2
Thief Band       INF   Increases chance of increasing SKL/SPD when leveling up
Torch            5     Decreases fog of war temporarily
Vulnerary        3     Heals 10 health
White Gem        1     Sold for Gold
Wyvern Band      INF   Increases chance of increasing STR/DEF when leveling up.

For those of you wondering what the heck Beorc is, it's the term Laguz use for humans.  Humans who hate Laguz often call them Sub-Humans and Laguz who hate Beorc call them Humans.  It's a prejudice thing.

Now I'm going to list Abilities.  Abilities are special effects that take place when certain conditions are either met, or they are activated randomly.  The ones with a 20 require a Promoted class.

Adept            10          Can attack twice per turn
Aether           20          Triggers Sol and Luna simultaneously
Astra            20          Attacks with 5 strokes at half damage
Blessing         20          Restore HP to adjacent allies
Blossom          15          1/2 exp gained, but better stats gained
Boon             20          Restores normal condition to adjacent allies
Cancel           20          Stops an enemy's attack
Canto            20          Allows you to give an ajacent unit an extra turn
Celerity         15          Gives unit two extra movement squares
Colossus         20          Extra damage is dealt if Cn is higher than enemy's
Corrosion        10          Causes enemies weapon to break easier
Counter          10          Enemy receives the damage it dealt to you
Daunt            10          Decreases Critical and normal hit rates by 5
Deadeye          20          Increases Critical and normal hit rates by 50
Dicipline        00          Stops units from killing
Flare            20          Lowers enemy's resistance
Gamble           10          50% less chance of hitting, x2 chance of critical
Guard            10          Enemies cannot attack twice on your unit
Insight          00          Adds chance of hitting
Knives           00          Allows unit to use knives
Lethality        20          Causes 1 hit KO's
Lumina           00          Allows unit to use Light Magic
Luna             20          1/2's the enemies defence
Mantle           00          Decreases damage dealt by enemies
Miracle          05          Take half damage from enemies
Nihil            15          Stops enemy's skills
Paragon          15          Doubles EXP gained
Parity           05          Cancels all bonuses, making unit fight on strength
Provoke          05          Enemies will attack this unit more likely
Reinforce        15          Call in pegasus allies
Renewal          15          Heals some health when damage is taken
Resolve          10          Increases status when half health or lower
Roar             20          Stuns an enemy, one use per map
Savior           20          No status drop when rescuing
Serenity         05          Biorhythm effects are changed
Shade            05          Enemies are attracted to units without this skill
Smite            10          Shoves units 2 spaces instead of one
Sol              20          Restores the health gained by unit's attack
Steal            00          Allows unit to steal unequipped items from enemies
Stun             20          Stuns an enemy
Tempest          05          Biorhythm effects are changed
Vantage          10          Allows unit to attack first in all fights
Viglilence       00          Increases the chance of avoiding an attack        
Vortex           20          A wind magic attack is used when activated
Wrath            10          When unit has 1/2 health, increases critical hit[/tt]

Well, I think that's it for PoR.  Oh, also I found this FE wiki while I was doing a search for the PoR weapons.  I did not take any information from here because I distrust wiki half the time.  BUT, there are sprites for all the weapons listed in here.  Perhaps a good spriter would like to get their hands on these so maybe some of them can be used for the hack!

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_weapons_in_Fire_Emblem:_Path_of_Radiance

Kain

Blah...there's no sites with the stats for the weapons from Radiant Dawn.  Looks like I'm going to have to use the SG when I get home.

On another note, here's another site with more weapon sprites.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_weapons_in_Fire_Emblem:_Radiant_Dawn

leaf

"There's no site with the stats of the weapons from radiant dawn"... uh... what? You guys need to lrn2serenesforest

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/index.htm

How do fire emblem fans not know about this site?
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]