News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Psynergy Animation Export?

Started by LOLcayter, 31, May, 2009, 08:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LOLcayter

In the game, psynergy animations can go over any background and are transparent, yet no one is ever able to rip them the same way they are in game.  Is it possible to rip these animations from the game into some GIF format or something?  Or any format, really.

Atrius (He/Him)

They aren't transparent in the same way a .gif image is, you could take the rips with the black background and use them to achieve the exact result that you see in game.  Usually the background is faded to 56.6% of it's usual brightness, and the Psynergy effect is drawn over it with 87.5% alpha in an addative blend mode.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Charon

Hey, that's pretty cool!

How are they saved? I want to know because I'm thinking about adding a movie into Jupiter.

Atrius (He/Him)

The battle animations in the ROM?  Not in any way that would be at all easy, or probably even practical to import into Pokemon.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

LOLcayter

But would it be possible to do a mass automated export with the psynergy name as the file name?  Like, at all?  It would be so much easier to batchify than manually do it, y'know?  :)

Charon

Actually, Atrius, that's not where I was going.

My idea was to use the same idea, minus the Alpha (100% opaque) and use it in a short, 30 second intro. I might need to expand the rom for that, though D=

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not at all practical to import them into the Pokemon Rom in any way that I can think of right now.  I'm not even entirely sure how exactly they work right now, so I wouldn't be able to do an automated export of them all right now either.