News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

Thanks for the link... but you need to wait for me to get a new pc.
It got fried in a storm just before the earthquake.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

zman9000

Deep fried or just regular fried?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

ThanatosTheDark

QuoteDeep fried or just regular fried?

Funny zman....it won't even turn on.... and I need the files on it.... I got cool emulators on it
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Rolina

You know, I would actually very much embrace a Golden Sun themed mod.  Especially if I can have a pet vermin.

zman9000

Exactly role, and if you've seen the new pokemon mod, you would know that just about every thing in golden sun is possible, also the tornado mod also makes some moves like "move" "quake" "force" and others possible.

now we just need some one who knows how to make a mod to do it, and like i said, in a few years i could even do it.
i had Java class in high school, but don't rember much, but i am going to start relearning it in college.

also role, i had a picture of a golden sun re make project to show.
Its a 1:1 scale project

the little dirt bar you see coming over from the side is bringing grass over.
i also have half of the first room under ground done.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Shinigami

To all ye who play minecraft...

[spoiler=Infinite obsidian]
Make a portal.
Go to the Nether.
Get the portal hit by a ghast.
Kill yourself.
Re-enter the portal after re-spawning, it will create another one(the portals are not linked, so, upon finding no active portals in the Nether, it will create a new one as if you had entered it for the first time)
[spoiler=Image][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Should someone should point this out to the developers? Maybe suggest to link portals so they will re-activate and repair when someone enters the active one?
So nanoka~

Salanewt

Hard to say. The good thing about this is that it allows us to get an unlimited supply of obsidian, but the bad thing is that it is a bug. Maybe if someone suggests it after 1.8 comes out, so we can abuse it and report it.

zman: Cool, nice work so far!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Amylolz

There's a new mod called Equivalent Exchange.
its an interesting add on mod for minecraft.

Not only can you get Diamond from gravel, but it adds a lot of hard to get, end game items.

Basically you can turn anything into anything else (if you have enough stuff to do so)

Here is two videos covering the whole mod.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I made a little chart about it.

1 Dark matter block = 4 dark matter = 16 Diamond blocks = 144 diamonds = 576 gold = 2304 iron = 9216 red stone = 73728 cobble stone = 589824 dirt = 294912 gravel.

1 gravel = 2 dirt
8 dirt = 1 cobble stone
8 cobble stone = 1 red stone
4 red stone = 1 iron
4 iron = 1 gold
4 gold = 1 diamond
9 diamonds = 1 diamond block
4 diamond blocks = 1 dark matter
4 dark matter = 1 dark matter blocks
---------------------------------------

like they say in the video some stuff is very expensive but as good as some of those items are, they shouldn't be easy to get.

Rolina

Wait... 2 gravel = 1 dirt?  I call BS!  Dirt is far more valuable than gravel!

zman9000

Amy's quote:
Quote1 gravel = 2 dirt

Role's quote:
QuoteWait... 2 gravel = 1 dirt?  I call BS!  Dirt is far more valuable than gravel!

Umm... role?

Do I even need to say anything?

Rolina

Dirt is actually useful, zman.  Gravel is not.

Hoopa

But I believe it's referring to the availability of the products. I mean dirt is practically everywhere, no?
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Rolina

Supply and Demand.

Dirt has a ton of useful applications, despite it being... well, dirt.  Mobs spawn on grass, farms use dirt to grow crops, dirt is needed for tree growth, the ease at which you can harvest it makes it ideal for carrying with you while exploring to help you move around.

Gravel, while a little rarer, is also one of the most irritating blocks in the game.  When digging a mine, the #1 thing that will make you swear aloud, more than even hostile mobs, is running into gravel.  It's uses are:  Harvesting Flint, and getting in your way.  It's a pain in the @#$ to deal with, it cannot be made into something desirable like sand can, does not have practical applications like dirt does, and once your inventory is full, is pretty much guaranteed to be the first block type you junk.

The supply for gravel may be lower, but the demand is rock bottom.  The most you could ever want is probably two full stacks - this will get you to the top from adminium in a single stack, so just shovel your way down and collect the flint that drops.  Other than those two stacks, it has no use whatsoever.

Dirt may have a larger supply, but it is a far more valuable block simply because of how useful it is.

Salanewt

Yeah, but I think gravel might end up generating in NPC villages - making it even more annoying. I think we can expect this on Thursday, actually.

Oh, gravel is useful for flint farming, but you only really need to do this for flint and steel - skeletons drop arrows if you play above peaceful.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

And again, that's why the most you ever really need is two stacks of 64 - making a 1 block tower to the heavens, shoveling it all the way down, and collecting the flint that drops.  Contrast with dirt, which you use to level out areas, add land to areas, use to farm, use to make trees, spread grass to create areas passive mobs can spawn in, take with you on expeditions to make easy to use platforms, etc...

Gravel only can make flint.  That's all.

At least gold has bling value. At least it's used for those useful watches and fancy rails.  At least gold tools work faster than diamond, even if by 0.2 seconds and only for 33 uses.  It's also rare enough to be useful as a faux-currency.  As it stands right now, gravel is easily the most hated block in the game.  Literally everything else, even those annoying Cows, happens to be more useful.  You couldn't pay me to accept gravel in a trade.

Salanewt

True enough. The only other use would be for decoration anyway. That, and using it for filler if you are worried about using anything better. Death traps too, but using gravel requires a manual setup.

Quotemaking a 1 block tower to the heavens, shoveling it all the way down, and collecting the flint that drops.

I do have a better way to farm for flint though, and it is much faster than digging down. Torches pretty much destroy falling gravel right away, so if you put one on the ground and put a normal block on top of that before making your tower, you only have to manually destroy a single block in order to destroy all of the gravel.

Rolina

You cannot farm flint by the torch method.  You have to manually farm each block for a flint to have a chance to spawn.

Also, there are far better methods of using traps, especially now that we have pistons.

Salanewt

Wait, it doesn't? Ah, you are right. Stupid mods, changing minor things like this... It was either a mod or a plugin that changed that, I forget which now. Oh well, that method still works for mining at least.

True enough. In fact, I created this one trap that requires an arrow to stop. I might upload pictures of some of my puzzles/traps later, as they might be useful for people to try out.

Rolina

I made the mogall woods.  Complete with pitfalls.  It's so dark in there that monsters spawn in broad daylight... which is why I have it torched up for now.  I'm gonna finish it up by making it mazelike - and once we get propertyflags in 1.9 or later, or if the server guy gets the plugin for it, we can make it so that people can't actually just bust through - they have to go through mogall to get to the end, and kill the monsters that get in their way.  It will be glorious...  Especially now that you can see in the dark!  Huzzah, brightness settings in 1.8!

zman9000

I finished my 1:1 scale project. I was going to post a picture, but I decided to make i video showing off the area, so look forward to that.
Also some how I finished before the grass got to the island and i'm still waiting on that, which is why i don't really have a good picture to show, but the video should be out in about 2 to 3 weeks..

the areas i made can be found in the editor, in "the lost age"

135: RITOU_5
136: DJ_RITOU01
137: DJ_RITOUB2
138: DJ_RITOUB3

(if you turn grid on you can see how i did the 1:1 scale)