News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

All of this golden sun/ mincraft talk makes me want to join in. Too bad that there isn't a demo-ish version where you can't get more obsidian or diamond swords or somethin. I really want to play some minecraft.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

ChrisButton

The full game doesn't cost that much dude.  :happy:

ThanatosTheDark

Yeah that much. As of right now, I have no pc and no money.
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Salanewt

Well, that is unfortunate. I mean, the game is probably going to cost more by the end of November because of the new phase of development, but if you can't acquire the money for it, you can't buy the game.

Edit: Speaking of Minecraft, what does everyone think of the upcoming brewing and enchantment systems coming in place?
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Magic!  I can be a maaaage! ♥

I'm totally gonna make the enchanting book the centerpiece of my library!  I'll have a kitchen just for brewing and cooking!  Also, FREAKING DRAGONS! ♥
http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/259-ender-stronghold-locators-more/

Salanewt

I tried out brewing, and I have to admit that it is kind of cool... It is nice to have items that can heal me again.

As for the new enchanting system, I guess being frugal has its disadvantages; I don't want to spend any of my 81 skill points yet.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

It's nice to see that the "XP System" is actually useful.  I like how they're applying it.

Salanewt

Indeed. I just wish I knew some of the specifics on what the enchantments do - I would rather not spend unless I know what some of these things do.

Charon

Have they made this game any less cpu intensive than before? My computer is practically falling apart and its slow as crap too...

Rolina

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 08, October, 2011, 07:54:00 AM
Have they made this game any less cpu intensive than before? My computer is practically falling apart and its slow as crap too...
Optifine.  Look it up.

Salanewt

I will admit that the lag isn't as bad in 1.9 pre3 than it has been since the previous release, 1.8. However, Optifine seems to be a pretty good mod to use when worried about the lag. If I recall, it refines parts of the code to make it so they don't require as much memory.

Amylolz

That sounds like a big mod. Almost like the people who made it just re coded the whole game. I'd think Notch would have changed the code to this, if it didn't have any bad side effects?

Rolina

If by big you mean popular, then yeah, it's big.  One hell of a performance enhancer.  This is one of the most praised mods out there simply because it helps the game out so much.

Amylolz

So then if its that good why hasn't it been added to the actual game?

Also I found a video showing what the new dragons will be like.

Rolina

How the hell should I know?  Do I look like notch to you?

All I know is that I go from 3 FPS to 15 FPS when using it.

Amylolz

QuoteHow the hell should I know?  Do I look like notch to you?
I'm sorry, I think what I said came across the wrong way. I meant that him not adding it in makes no sense. If it helps out the game that much, he should at least think of adding it. My was playing it the other day and ran into some massive lag. Every update so far has made it much worse. And i'm not even including the pre-releases.

Frog

So, with 1.9 and enchanting and all, fine silk touch on tools lets you harvest unharvestable blocks, so diamond ore, coal, mushroom even monster spawners!
Thought that was pretty cool.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

Quote from: Amylolz on 15, October, 2011, 02:03:51 AM
I'm sorry, I think what I said came across the wrong way.
I'd say.  You sounded snoody.

QuoteI meant that him not adding it in makes no sense. If it helps out the game that much, he should at least think of adding it.
Tell me about it.  As for why he's not adopted it like he did smoother lighting and pistons, well... that's the million dollar question now, isn't it?

He has added some of the features, though - such as the brightness scaling and how the game saves chunks.  However, notch uses a higher end PC, so that's probably why it's been off his radar or something.

Or maybe he's too busy adding new features - 1.9 is looking huge.

Aile~♥

You should fix the engine BEFORE you add new features. Otherwise, you end up with more features you have to fix for the new engine.

That said, explosions cause much less lag than before.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

I have read up on some of their plans for updates, and I am not sure if they are the best...

1. Release a pre-release every week until the full official release.

2. Every day after the 18th will be spent on bug fixing.

That said, I am starting to think that they don't care about slightly slower or older computers anymore.

Also, does anyone else think that GSHC should have a server, or is it just me?