News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThanatosTheDark

That sounds like a good idea sala. In case this site goes down for any reason, we could communicate via minecraft. Well, those who have minecraft
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

Aile~♥

And the group of us could do random c*** and screw around with pistons and such nonsense. Course, I'd probably insist we install TooManyItems were I to actually buy Minecraft and join.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

Oh, yes, they've been fixing things as they go.  Also, not new engines.  New features.  Same engine as before.

Salanewt

What they are trying to do now is to add more of an adventure theme to it, so you would also have access to strongholds (read: dungeons with portals to a bland dimension), NPCs (currently: human-like bald people, each with the IQ of a cow), and things like potions and enchantments (which are actually pretty cool). Once you are able to survive for a single night, you can then go on to try to do more. This could include making giant mansions, cities, or pretty much anything you want. One of the new enchantments will allow you to pick up certain blocks that were previously unobtainable without using commands, mods, or inventory editors.

However, the main idea is focused on survival. Essentially, your starting goal should be to make a safe area of some type with some food.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

ThanatosTheDark

My cousin is doing an LP for minecraft. He's kinda lame at using hypercam but he can show you some cool stuff. Search cmaize65 on youtube. He only has like 2 vids though.

Rolina

How the hell do you do an LP for minecraft?  It's a sandbox game.

ThanatosTheDark

That's the same thing I said. Apparently he enters a seed and does a walkthrough of what's there or somethin.

@Role: I am nullifying your -1 post..... does anyone have a problem with that?

Rolina

But... there's no goal in minecraft yet!  Now, I could see one on goal-oriented mods, like the Zelda Mod, the Artifact Mod, and for the dungeons in the Aether, but... Minecraft vanilla has no goals...

ThanatosTheDark

You gotta ask him what his goal is. He tried to explain it to me, but due to my extremely small attention span when I'm bored, I went on youtube and watched the half hour nyan cat video....as he was speaking.

Frog

A minecraft LP from what I've gathered, is just playing minecraft regularly only with narration... so yeah more often than not I'd assume it's boring as all hell.
Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

Now, a variant on LPs I can see - minecraft tutorials.  After all, the main purpose of an LP is a visual walk-through of the game.  However, while there's no story in minecraft, there's plenty of things that you can show how to make.  I actually watch plenty of tutorials.

zman9000

I remember seeing a LP of minecraft up around 300 episodes at 15 minutes each.

And I watched a multiplayer LP for 207 episodes at 30+ each, and add in a few hour+ episodes. yeah you can make it interesting people will watch.
and that one is still going with an average view count of 70,000+
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Salanewt

And if someone makes an adventure map, then it makes sense too. Speaking of which, I have been thinking about making one soon; I just don't know what to do with it.

Actually, I think someone has been working on a series right now. Currently, they seem to be doing something with the PokeMobs mod (it looks cool, but I'm waiting for more water types).
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

zman9000

Yeah sala, don't expect to much on that. they were adding more pokemon and they were going to try to release a full version for 1.8 but that didn't happen, and add in that most Mods don't want to update any more because of all the new stuff, and the final version is right around the corner.
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Kain

I found this at the Temple, it makes me want to install mods again.

You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Rolina

Oh, wow... a Fist of the North Star mod... that's crazy.

Rolina

Kind of hard not to, Jiten.  That and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure both are fountains of memes.

Kain

How can you not know of that anime in this day and age?  You start "You are already" and people are cutting in and finishing the sentence. XD

Kain

I see.  New to anime?

Rolina

New to the internet, for that matter?