News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Menaus, 11, October, 2010, 03:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman9000

and i'm sure that's only like 1% of the glitches in 1.0.0
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Amylolz

How about those floating laggy white tnt blocks you some times get with large explosions?

These bug me alot and I think they should have been fixed for the full version.

zman9000

Mine craft has some major bugs for me since it was updated... crashing after a few minutes of game play...

Its a pain in the but, and I don't expect a fix for it for a while yet. So at this point I've stopped playing until its fixed...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Frog

Fairly dead thread and all, and I dunno if anyone here still plays a lot of Minecraft... but anyway.
For those that do, and haven't already heard the news, you'll be pleased to hear that 1.2 is already looking to be the greatest update in mc history.

We get improved mob ai for all mobs, meaning they can navigate mazes and avoid falling off cliffs/into lava now.. as opposed to walking forwards all the time.
Villagers vaguely do stuff... they also have babies... meh.
Tamable cats! :D
Zombies will break down wooden doors if you're playing on hard, with a fairly creepy bashing sound.
Lamp blocks! (redstone powered glowstone really)
A huge list of features I'm not going to list.
And a ridiculous improvement in performance.

However all of that pales in comparison to the grand update... double world height!!
I hope I'm not the only one excited for this, imagine the grand structures that can finally be built now!

Anyway it's all listed on the wiki, and there's a snapshot (pre-release) already out, though I believe it's bug ridden.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

Just thought I'd share.

Not on too often, but I'm still here!

Rolina

The thread is only dead because we're too busy playing minecraft to post. :3

Wait wait... Towers can be TWICE AS TALL?!

Excuse me.  I have to go have a squelgasm in the bathroom.  I promise I'll clean up afterwards.

Salanewt

Oh yeah, there are a lot of cool things coming up. We have ocelots/cats, jungles, higher world height, an increase to the limit of block IDs (something like 4096 as opposed to the previous 256), redstone powered lamps, zombies breaking down wooden doors... The list goes on.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 16, February, 2012, 08:44:52 AM
Excuse me.  I have to go have a squelgasm in the bathroom.  I promise I'll clean up afterwards.
Eww. Role that's gross, that it is. Here's a towel. And some disinfectant. *hands Role a towel and some disinfectant*

Charon

I just got minecraft. Pretty fun. Although I really don't like those creepers, or the skeletons for that matter. Yikes.

Salanewt

Yeah, those Creepers are something else. Luckily, they seem to be afraid of cats, so finding a few of those would help fend them off. Oh yeah, what are you working on building right now?

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Salanewt on 04, March, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
Yeah, those Creepers are something else.
Yeah, they're rectangular cucumbers with legs, that they are.

Charon

Quote from: Salanewt on 04, March, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
Oh yeah, what are you working on building right now?

When I have time I work on this guy. Its like ridiculously big; from the basement to the top its like 75 blocks tall. lol

also that dirt tower is just an experiment with how high I could put a tree, there's actually a tree up there xD

Salanewt

Oh yeah... That looks really nice! A pretty unique building too, it is nice to see one of those. I think you are in a good area for wolves and snow too, which is probably a bit of a bonus.

zman9000

interesting. i don't have a picture, but this is basically what i did with trees before
W = wood
D = dirt
L + leaves

L
LWL
LWL
  W
LDL
LWL
LWL
  W
LDL
LWL
LWL
  W
LDL
LWL
LWL
  W
LDL
LWL
LWL
  W
DDDD

basically tree dirt then tree, then you can go back and add in wood in place of the dirt. BIGGEST TREE EVER!
Sorry, don't have a picture because  don't have minecraft anymore...

Awec

My Minecraft got broken by 1.2. Yay.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Charon

Apparently they have cats but I haven't found any yet... I want a cat to keep those damn creepers away.

Makes me wonder, why they blow up... well, besides the fact that they're laced with sulfur. lol

Salanewt

If you find a jungle biome, then you should be able to find tamable ocelots - they require fish though. Creepers blowing up, I wonder if it has to do with their shape?

ThanatosTheDark

Hey, do we have a GSHC server? If so, what is the IP?
I am nothing more than a nothingness that never was.

zman9000

We don't, there was some interest in the idea... but i don't think anyone has a server...

Rolina

Most members from the GSHC just use the temple's server.

Salanewt

Pretty much, but having one here could be interesting as well. Server wars anyone? Hehe...

Oh yeah, I'm thinking of trying my hand at making a minor mod that uses of the XP bar. If I succeed, would anyone be interested in telling me if it is a good idea or not? The way I see it, it shouldn't take long to make it once my downloads finish.