News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Who's your favorite playable character? (Names in poll)

Started by Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas, 01, November, 2010, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's your favorite playable character?

Mut / Matthew / ?
5 (16.7%)
Karis / Karis / ?
9 (30%)
Terry / Tyrell / ?
1 (3.3%)
Kuraun / Crown / Rief
1 (3.3%)
Leoleo / Eoleo / Eoleo?
4 (13.3%)
Stella / Stella / ?
8 (26.7%)
Harumani / Haramony / ?
2 (6.7%)
Himi / Hima / ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Aile~♥

And then two of the other team end up being "royalty" in a sense. Thank you oh so much, Sand Prince Stone and Ice Queen Stone, for making the two of the local normals not normal anymore.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Rolina

That's why I've been calling them Team Vale and Team Royals, respectively Sala.

Durza

Yes, I think I meant Masamune. Those two always mix me up. And Tyrell reacted worse to pirates than Amiti, may I point out. Amiti isn't a suck up, his culture worships a tree in case you haven't noticed, so his reaction to Tret and Laurel is understandable. And his reaction to the children of the Warriors of Vale is also pretty normal. It also seems likely he becomes king of Ayathuay(sp?) sometime soon after the end of the game, looking at how everyone acts when you re visit it during the eclipse.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Marin (She/Her)

My favorite character from Dark Dawn is Karis. Probably hands down. Not sure about all of Golden Sunl, but Dark Dawn specifically? Definitely Karis.

I like the way she looks, her personality, the fact that she's a jupiter adept (Represented by my favorite color, purple!)

besttp

Matthew!  :Isaac::Jenna:

His pic is cool, and his sprite is cute  :happy:

Awec

Sprite? What?
...I thought they were all models in DD, not sprites.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Aile~♥

I think he's referring to Matthew's out-of-battle model. That said, there actually ARE tiny little sprites of the characters, only seen on the screen for switching party members.

besttp

Quote from: Awec on 11, December, 2011, 07:33:47 AM
Sprite? What?
...I thought they were all models in DD, not sprites.

Hm.. yes, like what Jamie said. One that appeared when you open status option.

zman9000

this makes me want to go and check... because I don't remember... lol
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

The characters do have sprites, though.  Go to switch characters in mid-battle.  There they are.  I really want them ripped, too. :x

zman9000

huh... I see... well that's interesting, I can't believe I didn't see this before. now if only we had real GS1/2 style sprites of GSDD...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Well, in the hands of a good sprite artist, that could happen.  Plus, you can take the models straight out of DD, throw them into that one program Atrius used to make the sprites for Kari, and you can make GBA sprites for them.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 27, January, 2012, 08:31:56 AMPlus, you can take the models straight out of DD, throw them into that one program Atrius used to make the sprites for Kari, and you can make GBA sprites for them.
I prefer Blender to Maya though, that I do. Plus, Blender's free, that it is.

Also, my favourite PC is Leo. For someone who can't use Swords, he's pretty damn awesome, that he is.

Rolina

...Who?

Wait, do you mean Eoleo?  Dood, seriously, use the localized terms we're used to.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 08, February, 2012, 02:36:26 PM
...Who?

Wait, do you mean Eoleo?  Dood, seriously, use the localized terms we're used to.
I hate that name though. Leo sounds more awesome, that it does.

Rolina

Tough.  I hate the name Tetsuya, but you still have it.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Quote from: Role on 08, February, 2012, 03:17:04 PM
Tough.  I hate the name Tetsuya, but you still have it.
Was that supposed to piss me off? Well I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but nothing short of tossing a kitten off a bridge will piss me off, that it will not.

Can't you just accept the fact that I like to call Eoleo "Leo", instead of whinging and moaning about it?

There are 6 billion people in this world, and many ways of doing things, that there are. Just because someone else's opinions differ from yours does not mean that we should all conform to your way of thinking, that it does not!

Aile~♥

For the sake of consistency, can't you just call him Eoleo so we know who you're talking about? And Role, was it really necessary to make your point in such a rude fashion? It's true that calling someone something else just because you don't like their name is rude, but did you have to demonstrate?

And anywho, who else thinks Bows should have been Eoleo's fourth weapon type? As a pirate, it makes sense to be able to hit enemies who are on the deck of their ship from the deck of yours.

Kide

Quote from: JamietheFlameUser on 08, February, 2012, 06:42:26 PM
And anywho, who else thinks Bows should have been Eoleo's fourth weapon type? As a pirate, it makes sense to be able to hit enemies who are on the deck of their ship from the deck of yours.

Hm... I don't know. Sure, it would make sense for a pirate, but looking at him, I don't think Eoleo looks like a bow user type of guy. And yet, he can't equip longswords, so I'm not really sure what they planned doing with him.

Aile~♥

Bows actually require a deceptively large amount of muscle.