News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Dark Dawn Gameplay/plot discussion (SPOILERS!)

Started by Hoopa, 01, December, 2010, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griever

Nice .... I still haven't finished my first playthrough ... I'm trying to beat the stupid demon that keeps possesing Karis >< and I'm only level 35 ....

Hoopa

Good luck. I couldn't beat that guy until I was lvl 99 so... yeah. Good luck.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

What are you saying lol. How much Hp does he have? I survive a lot .... for over 20 turns >< but stupid Matthew ...... he got possessed instead of Karis last time and ruined my plan ><

Since he possessed her all the 6 times i tried to kill him, i emptied her PP and removed her weapon but then he got greedy and went after Matthew  :Sweat:

Hoopa

...It's what happens when you play a party of all the physical attackers and with matthew getting possessed all the time. And a failed summon rush attempt. Before then, I lasted 5 rounds. So I gave up and grinded to 99
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Griever

Wait wah I lasted 30 rounds ... 30!!!!!!! i got him to posses Karis with empty PP but she had Weapon equipped but no armor ><

I think i can win this time ><

Charon

Wait, what happens if Ancient Demon possesses your only alive character? Does he... just hang out or something?

Griever

Dunno ... i guess no one had that kind of situation to test it ><

This boss is annoying me >< I have to level to at least 40 now before i try him again (I'm 35 btw ><).

Hoopa

Charon

Hoopa

Well... do you mean if you have one party member left possessed, or one party member vs ancient demon?

Charon

One party member left, and then AD decides to possess them, because I'm doing a Rief playthrough and all the other characters will be down.

Hoopa

Hm. I don't think AD will possess Rief then. It should also be an easy fight, as the difficulty is due to having your own party members attack you with their skills and summons.

Charon

I think I should record the fights and post them on youtube. They might end up quite hilarious. XD

Griever

I think she meant, if you get one party member left and that party member get possessed by ancient demon. So basically both.

Hoopa

Well, I tried to get to that point, but never could. I tried to, but in the end it was Amiti vs a Matthew equipped with Sol blade, Valkyrie Mail, that one ninja sandal, and Warrior helm. Not pretty...

Griever

Hehehe ..... I'm level 40 now and will try him again. Hope i can win this time.

zman9000

wow level 40!

is this boss really that hard???

i feel like i am liking this game less and less the more i hear...
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Charon

My first runthrough I was about level 42 with no real grinding o.o

Griever

I rushed a bit so i had to level till level 40 ... and yes i won over that annoying boss.

Aile~♥

It gets worse: Unless you can defeat the boss before he uses Demon Sign, your party will not get full experience from the boss. Any character he possesses with Demon Sign is knocked out when the boss dies. So essentially, you're stuck with at most 7 characters getting experience. Considering the huge amount of EXP given by the boss, that really, really sucks.
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]