News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Favourite Quotes [SPOILERS]

Started by Aile~♥, 06, February, 2011, 08:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile~♥

Discuss your favourite lines from the game here.

When you talk to people in Passaj with the Sol Mask in your inventory:

Female NPC: "I won't bother masking my opinion... It's beautiful!"

Matthew gets angry at Ryu Kou, and Karis comments:

"Wow... graphic!"

In the Luna Tower, when the Alchemy Dynamo is activated:

Arcanus: "Just how many times do I have to demonstrate that you can't beat me in combat?"

Hou Zan: "At least once more, apparently!" *attacks him*
[sprite=16, 6, 0]:P[/sprite]

Lloyd: Easy as pie.
Genis: Sweet!
Presea: ...Sweetie pie...
Zelos: Let's not start on this again...

[spoiler=epic mindscrew][/spoiler]

Salanewt

Matthew: #@%&!

I quickly glanced at it when I first played, and I thought that my mind was playing games with me. The only time that he talks. Actually, that one is not my favourite...

Tyrell: "It's a kitty-doggie!"

Tyrell always had funny stuff to say sometimes. Between this and his flying rat comment, he has to be the funniest character in the game. Eoleo has funny stuff to say too, it seems to be a characteristic of Mars Adepts in this game. Well, there is Pewter as well.

Pewter: What part of "I'm not a god" do you not understand, fishbrain?

Tyrell: But how could that little thing find him with the whole world to pick from? I wouldn't know where to start!
Kraden: Then I suppose my pigeon has you at an advantage, Tyrell. Perhaps if I can teach it to throw fireballs, it will put you out of a job...
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Aile~♥

Hou Zan: Many apologies, strangers. *punches Ryu Kou in the gut*

Rolina

Oh, god, Pewter was just made of win.  I don't care if he's a Venus djinni, that guy made me laugh harder than I've done in a while.

leaf

Everything pewter said was quotable. Everything.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Awec

It annoyed me that my party got so annoyed with Pewter.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

You mustn't restart the Alchemy Dynamo (it got restarted anyways)

Rolina

Only problem with Pewter is that when he joined you, he became like every other djinni - simply a gameplay mechanic, nothing more.  I wish he'd stayed active int he story, you know?

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

Yeah, why are there no cutscenes with a Djinni eating your chips in the GBA games? Flint and Echo said they wouldn't do that in the first two games, but outside of the Djinn & Summon tutorials, they don't do ANYTHING.

Pewter talked before he joined you, so did Flint in the prologue, so WHY don't Djinn talk in other cutscenes?

Would it kill Camelot to have Djinn pop out in some parts of the next game and actually do SOMETHING other than boost your stats, if there ever is a GS4? NO, so why why the hell haven't they already done it in the three games that are already out?

Charon

Quote from: Role on 16, February, 2011, 08:08:56 PM
Only problem with Pewter is that when he joined you, he became like every other djinni - simply a gameplay mechanic, nothing more.  I wish he'd stayed active int he story, you know?
Especially considering he could have made so many cutscenes golden if he was there. Without him... it was... ugh.

Sometimes I wish the party just consisted of Matthew, Tyrell and Rief...

Rolina

Quote from: MegaDarkNero on 17, February, 2011, 05:27:53 AM
Yeah, why are there no cutscenes with a Djinni eating your chips in the GBA games? Flint and Echo said they wouldn't do that in the first two games, but outside of the Djinn & Summon tutorials, they don't do ANYTHING.

Pewter talked before he joined you, so did Flint in the prologue, so WHY don't Djinn talk in other cutscenes?

Would it kill Camelot to have Djinn pop out in some parts of the next game and actually do SOMETHING other than boost your stats, if there ever is a GS4? NO, so why why the hell haven't they already done it in the three games that are already out?
Uh, no?  Only one of them did - I think Flint, but it's been a while since making a new game in either game.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I thought both Djinn said it.

Echo's the one who says he won't eat your chips, and chips aren't even in the game, so why does Echo say he won't eat your chips when they don't exist?

Unless chips are invisible in Weyard. Echo eats ghost chips!

Atrius (He/Him)

Well, it's impossible for him to eat your chips if he's already eaten ALL of the chips.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Aile~♥

Flint doesn't say anything about chips, only Echo does.

But Pewter was made of win. He really was.

Question: Why are there no FEMALE Djinn? They all seem to be labelled with the pronoun "he".

Amiti: "I cannot help but notice that your ship is in an advanced state of disrepair."

Rolina

That's because there are no gender pronouns in japan.  A more proper translation would be it or they.

Charon

Maybe the translators felt inclined to give them gender? Lol, I kinda imagined about half of the djinn in DD to be female and the other male. I mean, how the hell could Flower not be female. I mean, not to sound sexist against guys but in pretty much every mythology both the female sex and flowers are associated with fertility. No way is that thing male.

Aile~♥

I always imagined Pewter to be female as well. And Fugue. And Cannon.

Tetsuya the Azure Blade

I always thought that Fizz, Breath, Steel and Shine are female.

Core, Serac, Wheeze and Bane sound as if they're male.

That IF they HAVE sexes, they may just be an 'it' (>_<)

Rolina

I always assumed they were genderless.  You know, being elementals and what not.

Kai Hong

Just outside the gate place: 'The Venus Djinni Flower joined you!'
...with a flying flower hovering above Matthew's head.
WARNING! IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TO READ THIS WARNING! NOW YOU WILL DIE...eventually.