News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Jovian Association of Anime Advocates (JAAA)

Started by Rolina, 08, April, 2011, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starting with the third meeting, what should we watch?

Serial Experiments Lain
2 (50%)
Nadia, The Secret of Blue Water
1 (25%)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
2 (50%)
Excel Saga
0 (0%)
Vandread
1 (25%)
Dog Days
1 (25%)
Steins;Gate
2 (50%)
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
0 (0%)
Level E
1 (25%)
Seto no Hanayome
1 (25%)
Darker than Black
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 17, June, 2011, 10:26:20 PM

Rolina

The show?  It's good.  REAL good.  Dunno if we're going to be able to see the last few eps, though, since there's rumors the show may have been cancelled after the sendai earthquake... let's hope it's just rumors, though, because I've not seen an anime this good is a very long time.  Can't wait to see the next five eps.

Charon

I promise I'll get around to watching these episodes by the time I get a mic. I suck when it comes to watching anime though so I'm gonna have to push myself. lol

Rolina

It'll need to be before Saturday, as we will be watching the next five episodes.

zman9000

I watched episode 1 again and for some reason I lol'd durring the scary part...

[spoiler]RUN or the cotton balls with mustaches will get us!!!
lol[/spoiler]
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Charon

Quote from: Role on 11, April, 2011, 12:15:41 PM
It'll need to be before Saturday, as we will be watching the next five episodes.

Well, I mean when I get a mic, which shouldn't be until at least a few weeks.

Shoot Saturdays... that's gonna be my most important shift... derp. I guess I could watch on Sundays (my totally free day) and discuss here. Hm.

zman9000

I could go with Saterday or Sunday

Saterday I have class from 8AM to noon but sundays I don't wake up till about 4PM hmm............
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

Remember the part where I won't even let you in the door, zman?  Yeah, THAT.

Kain

Quote from: zman9000 on 11, April, 2011, 03:12:58 PM
I watched episode 1 again and for some reason I lol'd durring the scary part...

RUN or the cotton balls with mustaches will get us!!!
lol

Oi oi oi!  Even though we've seen the episodes, don't post any spoilers in here.  Some people haven't even watched it yet and we don't want to give away what's all in the show.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Hoopa

NNGH! NO SPOILERS! Use spoiler tags at least!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Charon

I concur, spoilers won't be allowed, unless in [SPOILER*][/SPOILER*] tags. If there are more than two (2) offenses, I'll be issuing bans under

Quote1. Respect the board's members.

So don't do it.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 08, April, 2011, 12:09:49 AMNote that discussion of the anime is not to take place in this thread, as it could count as spoilers for people trying to catch up after missing a week - it's for signups and announcements.

We should probably make this part of the original post more obvious.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Griever

I like this idea and will probably join later due to exams. I will probably send a PM with my skype ID or simply post it here.

And Zman ... really don't post anything related to the episode ... maybe only what you think of them ... good or bad ... other things are considered spoilers and will ruin the anime for us.

zman9000

Umm... is that really a spoiler???

Edit: I put it in a spoiler box.

How about I say it one of the best anime's with one of the most complacated storys I have seen in a long time!
(I love complacated storys, contrary to popular belief...)

I'd recommend it to any one who enjoys anime or mystery.

Edit: the anime for those who haven't read the above posts, is: "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika"

So guys when will this live anime vewing be this week?

Rolina

Well, due to the fact that only me and Mastermind showed up for this weeks meeting, it's cancelled for this week.

To be honest, I'm kinda pissed.  To have half the active board say "this is a great idea!" and not show up for TWO WEEKS IN A ROW kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Either way, catch up to Madoka on your own, I guess.  Once the final episodes are subbed, we'll watch them in addition to whatever eps are next on whatever anime we choose for next week's viewing.  Of course, if nobody shows up for the next two weeks either, I'm saying "Screw it" and shutting the club down all together.

Hell, guys, I'm even having it so that we try to get a time that's good for everyone, and STILL I get bailed on.  Man, this sucks... <_<

Kain

I woke up forty five minutes after.  I did NOT intend to sleep that long and had planned to be up by at least noon.

QuoteTo have half the active board say "this is a great idea!" and not show up for TWO WEEKS IN A ROW kinda rubs me the wrong way.
^

Quoteif nobody shows up for the next two weeks either, I'm saying "Screw it" and shutting the club down all together.

And I don't blame her.

Atrius (He/Him)

I know in my case it can't really be helped sometimes given the nature of my job.  True enough though, if people aren't going to show up there's no sense in having the meetings.  Would it be a better option not to do the skype meetings, and just have the discussions here on the forums instead?  I completely understand the appeal of having live meetings like that, but if it proves to be impractical...

Anyway, want to start discussing what to watch next?  I'm pretty sure this is a fairly complete list of this season's anime.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

I watch Seikon no Qwaeser for the plot.  >.>

I nominate yumekui merry and from Atrius's list of ecchi things, Dog Days.

Atrius (He/Him)

It's not my fault if most Anime these days is like that.

Steins;Gate, or [C] – The Money of Soul and Possibility Control would be my choices.

zman9000

I missed it again... I even missed my college class...

does the anime have to be one of the ones that came out in the past 3 weeks or can it be older (any thing from 2010-2011)

Well here is what I vote for.

Steins;Gate
yumekui merry
Level E
Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
To Aru Majutsu No Index

I vote for any one of those.

And I WILL be there next week. (Sorry role...)

Rolina

Quote from: Atrius on 16, April, 2011, 05:33:35 PM
I know in my case it can't really be helped sometimes given the nature of my job.
The whole point of having a discussion on Thursday and Friday as to what time is best for everyone was SUPPOSED to be the solution to that. Too bad nobody freaking showed up for that, either.  The only one to say anything?  Kain.  At the last second, because nobody showed up to work on this.  He figured we'd start two hours earlier, since that's when everyone showed up LAST time (only to poof away before we started).  So we tried it, but nobody showed up.

@Zman:  Thanks for the suggestions.  However, it's not just recent anime.  This is supposed to broaden our spectrum a bit, so we're open to older stuff too.  Especially since most of the recent anime is nothing but smut-fests...  So we really don't have a choice if we wanna keep it more PG-13 but to look to older stuff as well.  If you have any suggestions for older things, feel free to suggest it.

Personally, I'm gonna nominate I My Me Strawberry Eggs.