News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Jovian Association of Anime Advocates (JAAA)

Started by Rolina, 08, April, 2011, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starting with the third meeting, what should we watch?

Serial Experiments Lain
2 (50%)
Nadia, The Secret of Blue Water
1 (25%)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
2 (50%)
Excel Saga
0 (0%)
Vandread
1 (25%)
Dog Days
1 (25%)
Steins;Gate
2 (50%)
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
0 (0%)
Level E
1 (25%)
Seto no Hanayome
1 (25%)
Darker than Black
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: 17, June, 2011, 10:26:20 PM

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Role on 17, April, 2011, 12:21:24 AM
Quote from: Atrius on 16, April, 2011, 05:33:35 PM
I know in my case it can't really be helped sometimes given the nature of my job.
The whole point of having a discussion on Thursday and Friday as to what time is best for everyone was SUPPOSED to be the solution to that.
You forget I'm in the military, having even 24hr notice that I'll be working during the weekend isn't always the case.

If it's comedy you want, I'm definitely gonna have to suggest Seto no Hanayome if you haven't seen it yet.

Yumekui merry
Steins;Gate
[C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Level E
Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
To Aru Majutsu No Index
I My Me Strawberry Eggs
Seto no Hanayome
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

YOU are in the military.  The other five or six people who AREN'T in the military didn't even show up for that.

Hoopa

:Sweat: Sorry! I went to finish a project for school, but it turned out taking the whole day... and next week I have to go outta state to visit relatives in Wisconsin, so I dunno if I can make it next time either.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

zman9000

I will make it next week. "weither your happy about that or not role............."

So my question is: When I show up next week (and for some reason leaf isn't there) will i be let in?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

That depends, who will you contact, and do you understand why I'm upset at you yet?

zman9000

Umm I broke the rules for Jupiter and some other stuff that dosen't go in this topic???

And if it is something else... if i have to... I.. will...
*stands up*
*gets on knees*
*gets ready to lose respect with other guys* (Because i want this to end)

I am a guy, I need you to spell it out for me Role! Whatever I did that didn't say above I am sorry!
And I will try to stay out or your hair from now on.
so please can we let this go?
Check my youtube channel out for lots of cool gaming related videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/xXzman9000Xx

Rolina

No, that's not it.  You were in the wrong clan to begin with - you clearly belonged in Venus, not Jupiter.  It's what you did when we actually got off our butts enforced the rules that really set me off.

Sure, you're a guy.  But so are 90% of people online, and they don't act like that - go make the appropriate place and make a public apology for the incident to all who were involved - BY NAME - and I'll stop being ticked at you.  Then, you'll have to apologize to me again for making a snide comment about me being ticked at you in half your posts.

zman9000

uuuuuuuuu........... ok... just give me some time on that...

and so this is totally not off topic... I add in a vote for Dog Days.

And role if that is really what it takes then I'll do it... just don't expect me to find all the posts over night... ugg

Rolina

We're actually thinking of swapping to doing one episode of several series, rather than several episodes of a single series.

So basically, we'd be able to watch the first episodes for several series, rather than the first five of one.  What do y'all think of that?

leaf

Basically, our options are:
- straight: What we were doing, watching 3-5 eps of a single series, preferably doing it by arc
- split: 2 eps of one anime, and 2 eps of another
- variety: 1 ep of four different series

Personally, I'm partial to split. We would finish madoka this week and start another series. Then instead of just watching 4-5 eps straight of the second series the week following, we'd watch 2 of it, and start another anime for the other 2.

Also...

@Role: Cut it out. If you want to @#$%& at zman, do it in PMs. I'm sick of reading this argument in this thread.

@Zman: Feel free to contact me on skype, and I'll add you to the chat. Just make sure I know it's you. My skype name is the same name as on the forum.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Atrius (He/Him)

So far we have 9 nominations, doing a variety for ~3 or so episodes into each series then cutting it down to what people consider the two best would probably work well.  It'd be a little awkward with finishing up Madoka in the process, but we should be able to work something out.

# of nominations - Show Name

2 - Yumekui merry
2 - Dog Days
2 - Steins;Gate
1 - [C] - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
1 - Level E
1 - Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
1 - Toaru Majutsu No Index
1 - I My Me Strawberry Eggs
1 - Seto no Hanayome

How long do we want to hold nominations?  Do we want to do an actual poll afterwards, or just let people second nominations and go with whatever gets the most?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

Actually, Yumekui Merry has 3 nominations and I My Me Strawberry Eggs  along with Index also got 2 nominations.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Atrius (He/Him)

I don't see whose nominations I'm missing unless they did it somewhere else.  If that's the case it would be impossible for me to count them to begin with.

Yumekui - Overlord Kain, zman
I My Me Strawberry Eggs - Role
Index - zman

Kain

Edit:  Nvm.  Saw the post, it was just a list.

leaf

Well, I can second index for being a good anime, but I'm not sure if we want to be using a 24 ep anime for this; it would take a long time to finish. Index is also divided into arcs that are for the most part very conveniently spaced (the longest arc is the first one, at 6 episodes), so it'd probably be a better candidate for an arc-based meeting schedule. (IIRC, the arcs are split up at 6-3-5-3-1-2-4. We'd probably combine the 1 and 2 into one meeting, which would mean it'd take 6-7 meetings to finish the whole thing, depending on if we split up the first arc.)

I'll have to look up the others on that list to see which I favor.

In the mean time, I'd like to add yet another suggestion: Angel Beats. I haven't seen it myself (and apparently, neither have role or kain), but it's supposed to be good.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

zman9000

wow... I completely for got about angel beats.

I just finished it last week.

I didn't want to watch it at first because it sounded like it was girls with guns vs girls with powers. well its not.

Its very good and if you are some one who will get caught up in a movie or anime you will cry. lol

So I also vote for Angel beats.

(Is it ok that i am voting for more then one... its just so hard to pick.)

Kain

You can vote for anything, however I'd like to ask you keep nominations to a minimal until we're done with a certain series/episode/however we're doing this from now on...that way we don't get overwhelmed with suggestions.

zman9000

Yeah i see what you mean.

but if its one thats already posted and you like it you can vote for it right.
I mean it IS a vote to see what we as a group want to see after Madoka Magika.

but again we do have a big list so far... And its not my call... I have the least say in this. . . .

Kain

Well Madoka was technically the starter.  At first it was going for a season, about five episodes per meeting but now we're changing it around to two episodes from two different shows.  The idea being 11 and 12 of Madoka will be out on the 21st and since it's the last we can expect for some time, we're changing it around a bit.

The reason for the different episodes however is lost on me.  I think it's to bring more variety in and to give a better chance for people to vote for what they like.  If people actually like the viewings I would suggest we vote on whether to keep watching it or if it's not liked, swap out to another series.

leaf

I fail for not thinking of this anime sooner. Darker Than Black. That anime is literally perfect for this format of 2 eps of 2 shows. Every scenario is split into two parts, essentially making it more like 12 episodes, 40 minutes a piece, instead of 24 episodes, 20 minutes a piece.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---