News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Stats

Started by camocam, 15, April, 2011, 03:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

camocam

Does anyone know the Base stats and stat growths of all the characters(in all 3 games)?

Salanewt

I am not sure about Dark Dawn, but you could easily use the editor to find about the stats from the first two games.

Anyway, welcome!
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

While you asked in the wrong thread, you bring up an important thing.

How are we going to approach stats?

Personally, I think we should drop Attack and Agility stats by 75% compared to the previous games, so increases of 4 would be 3 instead, for example.  This would give us not only a way to lower attack, but also a better ability to manipulate enemy stats.  If we don't have such high stats on the characters, we're free to have even higher variety of stats for the enemies, thanks to the inherently lower numbers.

What I think we should do then is essentially this:  Use TLA's cast as a basis for stats.  Then take ATK and AGL for everyone and multiply by 0.75.

Of course, this alone won't stop attack from getting too high, so we'll need to pay close attention when we make equipment - and unleashes especially.  Though we don't need to do this, I think it'd allow us to have a wider variety in the enemies.

Atrius (He/Him)

That's...  Not at all what he was talking about, Role, he just posted the topic in the wrong section.  Even so there's no need to hijack his thread.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

You think?

I was trying to keep it there and make it relevant.  You know, so no move would be necessary.

Or, of course, I could have slammed him for posting in the wrong section...

Atrius (He/Him)

I'm trying to increase the chances of the original question being answered rather than completely ignored, so back to the topic at hand:

Quote from: camocam on 15, April, 2011, 03:53:23 AM
Does anyone know the Base stats and stat growths of all the characters(in all 3 games)?
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

We answered - we know what it is in TLA and TBS, but not DD.  We also said that the stats can be found in the editor.  ...Did you not read Sala's post, Atrius?

leaf

They can also be found in one of the FAQs on gamefaqs, iirc. Might be easier than d/l'ing a program and getting the rom (if you don't have the rom already). Might have DD, too, but prob not.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

No, DD's not in the guide.  We don't have any game mechanics guides that cover DD yet.

Durza

I was thinking about the changing of attack and agility and you could add in a psynergy power stat as well so that psynergy wouldn't become almost useless, attack wise, near the end of the game.

For DD, the stats of the first four characters are the same as their parents, I think.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

Wow... yeah, you should look around more before posting stuff like that.  The Jovians have been debating as to how to properly give stat support to psynergy for years now, and... well...

If you look in the game, you can already change attack and agility now.  Just make sure you do it intelligently, or you could nerf them too much.

Durza

You can change pretty much any stat in game if you really want to. It just involves cheating.
It's not a lie if you don't want to be believed. You're can't be wrong if you don't think you're right.

Rolina

No it doesn't.  It involves using the hacking tools to change the growths.  You can change a character's build that way, or heck, lower growths.  IIRC, wasn't Jamie or Sala making a hack where characters had the growth rates of FE characters?  Those are like, really low growths.  This is what they were asking about, not just plain changing them - that's what stat boosting items are for.  You can literally max everyone out if you do new game plus enough. Er, easy mode, or whatever they call it.

Durza

That just gets boring though. Especially if it takes Posiedon almost an hour to kill you because you wanted to see what would happen. Though trying to beat the Izumo serpent with no light on the first repeat is a bit of a challenge.