News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

More Hidden Numbers.

Started by Salanewt, 24, June, 2009, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salanewt

Hello. I am not sure if this topic is in the correct section, but I just noticed something in the enemy group editor. All enemy groups have 4 digits that affect unknown things. I have noticed that All of the human bosses (as well as Flame Dragon and Doom Dragon), have the numbers (from top to bottom) listed as 2, 0, 0, 0 (instead of all 0's). The group numbers that have these numbers include 55, 68-79, 630 - 637 (not including 636).

I changed the Troll's group (Southern Indra), so it would have the same numbers as the human bosses. However, nothing noticeable changed.

I also noticed that the final enemy group (659, which I am sure does not appear in the game) has their 4 numbers listed 19, 0, 20, 0.

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:

This post has been edited by Salanewt on Jun 24 2009, 01:33 PM
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 24, June, 2009, 02:22:00 PMHello. I am not sure if this topic is in the correct section, but I just noticed something in the enemy group editor. All enemy groups have 4 digits that affect unknown things. I have noticed that All of the human bosses (as well as Flame Dragon and Doom Dragon), have the numbers (from top to bottom) listed as 2, 0, 0, 0 (instead of all 0's). The group numbers that have these numbers include 55, 68-79, 630 - 637 (not including 636).

I changed the Troll's group (Southern Indra), so it would have the same numbers as the human bosses. However, nothing noticeable changed.

I also noticed that the final enemy group (659, which I am sure does not appear in the game) has their 4 numbers listed 19, 0, 20, 0.

Have a nice day.
i noticed that too. I've tried testing it to see what would happen and I also tested the bottom numbers in the class editor, but both tests failed

Salanewt

Yeah, nothing seems to happen if I change any unknown digits. However, I am planning on changing Doom Dragon's numbers to see if anything happens. Unfortunately, I am far from that right now in the Hacked file.

Have a nice day.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 24, June, 2009, 04:02:00 PMYeah, nothing seems to happen if I change any unknown digits. However, I am planning on changing Doom Dragon's numbers to see if anything happens. Unfortunately, I am far from that right now in the Hacked file.

Have a nice day.
That gave me idea, using it on any boss could possibly yield some progress

Salanewt

Hopefully, it will.

I might try changing the numbers with Briggs, then starting again.
Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Salanewt on 24, June, 2009, 05:51:00 PMHopefully, it will.

I might try changing the numbers with Briggs, then starting again.
Have a nice day.
Lemme know what happens when you do  

Salanewt

Okay. However, I will not focus on changing these numbers until either tomorrow or until I figure out how to make videos on the computer.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Salanewt on 24, June, 2009, 02:22:00 PMI also noticed that the final enemy group (659, which I am sure does not appear in the game) has their 4 numbers listed 19, 0, 20, 0.
That's not really an enemy group.  The editor thinks there's 1 more group than there really is, and ends up leaking into other data.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Oh... Thanks for the information Atrius. I thought it peculiar that there could by so many Venus Djinni on one team.

Have a nice day.

Zach

Quote from: Atrius on 24, June, 2009, 06:13:00 PMThat's not really an enemy group.  The editor thinks there's 1 more group than there really is, and ends up leaking into other data.
I have a theory to that. Whenever an enemy in the link arena calls an ally, a venus dijinni always appear. My theory is that whenever an ally is called in the link arena, the venus dijinni from that group will always appear

This post has been edited by zach on Jun 24 2009, 11:23 PM

Atrius (He/Him)

It's really not enemy group data at all, I've confirmed that.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Salanewt

Just to confirm, are you talking about the regular group data, or the link arena groups? I have a feeling that those are kind of random, based on your progress in the game (since you can fight bosses there).

Have a nice day.