News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

What's Your Time?

Started by dwkjohn, 19, May, 2011, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwkjohn

I am working on making a version of GS where you have almost every thing you need at the beginning. Now some of you are probably thinking, "There's no fun in that. You can beat it to easily." Well, that IS the point. Its a beat the clock challenge. I will have a guide telling you a few tricks and how it works. See how fast you can beat the game.

It will probably be out within this upcoming week. Hope you like it!
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Atrius (He/Him)

Why is this in the hacking section?  If you want to do it that way I once did a hack where as soon as I started the game it took me to the credits screen so... 0 seconds.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

dwkjohn

0 seconds......
I think the only way to beat that would be to start after the credits and go backwards. Or not.
Still, that not really what I meant but ok. How bout it has to be more than 1 second so that you get some gameplay in.

Only you could think of that, Atrius. :WiseOne:

Thanx Atrius for moving this :!:
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

leaf

How about you just speedrun the game normally? It's possible to sub 5 hours.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:00:50 PM] Randel Peltier: Ok...what did I do last night?
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
[9:54:28 PM] leaf: 11
[9:54:36 PM] Randel Peltier: @#$%!
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
[8:38:29 PM] Kain: You've tried courting her.
[8:38:43 PM] leaf: and failed spectacularly
[8:38:44 PM] Randel Peltier: Ive tried...shes the best dating game ever.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
[2:19:06 PM] Zeadra: wait... Rief's a guy???
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

dwkjohn

You could do that. I just like to be all powerful in the beginning and totally saw through pesky monsters without even denting my 19999 hp and pp. Plus, there are some parts of the game i just do not like and want to skip. (cough...Yampi Desert...cough)
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Rolina

...So you want to cheat in order to get through the game even faster, is that it?

dwkjohn

Just for fun. I've beaten the game twice already and am just looking for something new to do.
Got any other suggestions? I'll accept them.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Salanewt

My lowest time has been almost 12 hours I think? I usually like doing everything that there is to do, and avoid speeding through the game. As for suggestions, you could try to do a speed-run with only Echo and the djinn from Isaac's team. Either that, or wait a bit longer and remove all of the djinn. You could just put them on standby, but having them might make you want to use them.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: dwkjohn on 20, May, 2011, 02:37:19 AM
Just for fun. I've beaten the game twice already and am just looking for something new to do.
Got any other suggestions? I'll accept them.
You can always try an inepts run.  My inepts run in DD changed the game from boringly easy to a pretty tough challenge.

--No psynergy allowed outside of puzzle solving. Not even to heal out of battle - only items may be used to heal.
--No artifact equipment allowed. All non-plot central artifacts must be sold immediately. Logically, this also means that I cannot use Sveta, period. The Sol Blade can only be used for its key feature, and cannot be equipped.
--ALL NON-FORCED DJINN MUST BE SKIPPED. All djinn must be on standby at all times as well. This is so that when Djinn Storm'd/Blast'd, there is a minimal gain in stats.
--Summons cannot be gotten. Summon tablets must be ignored.

So, you got it? Common gear only, no psynergy, minimal grinding, final destination.

That's the basic gist of the challenge.  If you can pull off an inepts run, which shouldn't be too bad in TBS given its low end-level, let us know.

dwkjohn

That is probably the coolest idea ever! Thannx. I can't wait to try it out.
Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Rolina

You're basically playing as though you're not an adept.  And no, you cannot have the Fur Coat or Vajra Mace.  Those were clearly meant to be artifacts, after all.

Awec

Is it even possible to do an 'Inepts' run? I don't think I'd get past the 1st battle with Saturos.
I. Am. A. Spoon.
Yes, a spoon that is awesome that is a Jupiter adept that is one of the Anemos that lives on the freaking moon.
What of it?

leaf

Hint: Do tret first.

Saturos first is certainly faster, but taking on the hardest boss in the game while underleveled in an inepts run is suicide.
[spoiler=quotes]
[9:01:19 PM] Kain: Something boring, repetitive, and lasted for about sixty seconds.
---
[10:45:08 AM] Salanewt: But yeah, the elemental phalluses are being... Stroked up by Saturos and co., and the energy will go towards... Mt. Muffin, where the Golden Climax will arise.
[7:28:42 PM] Salanewt: An added bonus is that Isaac and co. were trying to stop Saturos and co. because their beliefs state that Mt. Muffin should remain a virgin.
---
[9:54:21 PM] Randel Peltier: Guess the number in my head an you get to pick what I say. Number between 1-10
---
[8:38:13 PM] Randel Peltier: Shes like this queen up on a pedastal that I have yet to court.
---
[12:24:35 AM] Salanewt: I need to find a picture of a naked person to put on the Christmas tree next year.
---
---
[1:09:57 PM] Zeadra: well if you want to know if its a new effect or something weird, just check GS1, if side step is there maby it is the nimble dodge thing
[1:10:35 PM] Kioll: For once, you've contributed something useful.  o.O[/spoiler]

Rolina

Also, you CAN use things like crystal powder.  That'll be a godsend for your offense in that fight - so fight sirens when you come across them, since they drop them.  If you're lucky, you can get a few off of them.

Leaf's right here, though.  Run grab Mia, then head back and tackle Tret.  After that, you'll probably need to train a bit.  Satty's definitely a do-or-die spot, so like with the Ice Queen in DD, you may need to do a hard grind if you find him to be too difficult.

Hoopa

Doing this inept run right now. It's actually quite hard, like you said. So far, heading to Tret. I'll tell you how it goes.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

dwkjohn

Just sayin'.  

/    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|

Hoopa

Facing Saturos now, lvl 9, 9, 9, 11. It's gonna be a long fight...

Edit: Yeah... I failed, but I won the second time!
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

leaf

Nice. Considering the target level for that fight was 10-12 iirc, the fact that you fought it underleveled in an inept run is pretty impressive.
[spoiler=quotes]
---
---
---
---
---
---

Hoopa

It was hard. But then I realized his hardest hitting moves were his psynergies, so I just stalled for ten turns then finished him off. Still, it was hard... Anyway, this is gonna be a tough game...

Rolina

Aye, as I said:  It made Dark Dawn hard.  That's saying something right there.