News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Hello all.

Started by Perry Holia Kerrith, 25, June, 2011, 11:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry Holia Kerrith

Hey, if you recall it was not me who put it up there.

Crystal Sonata

I can host some pictures and such like the header on my server if you want. Won't harm me any, im sitting on 300Gb of bandwidth, which in one month i only use about 1Gb. Thats with my entire site on it. I also have quite a bit of space so i can store files too. Just PM me links and such, and ill PM you links to them.
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

Salanewt

Hey Perry? You said something about an Anemosian S.O.S. banner, right? I just remembered that I saw it when I visited the website a while ago. While I did not make the banner myself, I recall making one of the sprites that was on it (provided that I am not horribly mistaken). Was this it?

Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

Aye I made the banner Sala using your sprite, I asked permission to use it round that time tho :)

Salanewt

I totally remember that now, cool! Anyway, Maxi; do you still have the banner on your computer? If you do, you might be able to upload it again. If not, then I might have some time to help out with a new one if you need it.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Greetings, how do you do?  I'm Role, the leader of the Jupiter Clan.

You don't have to be a decent hacker to be a great contributor here, by the way.  Atrius is the only one doing the serious hacking.  Instead, why not look into other things, such as sprite art or storyboarding?  The Community Hack we're working on could use the help, for sure!

Charon

Welcome, Perry! Read the rules in my sig, blah blah blah...

It wouldn't be a bad idea to take your best ideas and introduce them in one of our projects, or suggest a project of your own. Plus, you could help out with other things like music, sprites, artwork and things like that.

Perry Holia Kerrith

@Role: Oh yeah I was told to ask you about that. The Jupiter Clan and all.

However, upon some deeper thought, I believe it best to wait a while before formally requesting to join, as I am still not fully associated with this forum's inner workings.

To be completely honest, I never took Atrius to be that skilled until I saw this place. Mostly he worked on the story, which was a necessary first step before we could actually start moving. But then things happened and though our site has 67 registered members, we're down to about 7 active.

But I will look into this community project you all have going, and contribute what I can.

Atrius (He/Him)

I seem to recall behaving more like a technical adviser on the programming & design side of things rather than participating in any story discussion.

QuoteTo be completely honest, I never took Atrius to be that skilled until I saw this place.

Ouch.  Understandable though I guess since I don't think I posted either of my flash GS engine tech demos there.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Rolina

No, atrius didn't work on story, that'd be us.  Atrius himself works on the tools through which we make our story.  We'll ask if certain things are possible, and though his answer is usually "Not yet" or "That requires ASM editing", he does give us good ideas with some of the things he gets into the editor.

Salanewt

I think he is talking about the project that he is involved in, not ours.

Anyway, it would seem that you have had a nice welcome at GSHC, how do you like it so far?

Perry Holia Kerrith

Everyone seems very hospitable. There's a very blue theme, which is good as it seems to be one of the few colors that doesn't hurt my eyes.

All in all I'd say it's pretty good.

Charon

We actually have about 7-8 themes, so pick whichever looks the best to you.

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

Quote from: Charon the Ferryman on 04, July, 2011, 05:46:59 PM
We actually have about 7-8 themes, so pick whichever looks the best to you.
I like the original Jupiter myself. But I've noticed something interesting..

The Slow_Down and Jupiter2 versions show 12 recent posts on the index page, all the others show 8... I wonder why that is...
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Rolina

Because I'm just that good.  Also, Jupiter2 is supposed to replace the original Jupiter theme.  That's an instance of Charon not listening to me again.