News:

As a consequence of the forum being updated and repaired, the chatbox has been lost.
However, you can still come say hi on our Discord server!

Main Menu

Hello all.

Started by Perry Holia Kerrith, 25, June, 2011, 11:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry Holia Kerrith

Hello.

My name is Perry Holia Kerrith. I join you today at the behest of one Maxipower. Anyone from GSR knows me well enough. Though I am not experienced as a hacker, I am a dedicated author and I am in the process of learning how to design games.

On that note, I am currently working on one of my own, of which Maxi was one of the three creators. I will not go into further detail until I've fully associated myself with this forum and its innermost workings.

Until that time, I extend my greetings to you all.

Sincerely,
Perry Holia Kerrith

Daddy Poi's Oily Gorillas

QuoteHello.
Hello to you as well.

QuoteMy name is Perry Holia Kerrith.
I'm Teawater, previously known as charleysdrpepper.
QuoteI join you today at the behest of one Maxipower. Anyone from GSR knows me well enough.
Cool.
QuoteThough I am not experienced as a hacker, I am a dedicated author and I am in the process of learning how to design games.
Do you plan on becoming an experienced hacker? As for me, I would call myself pretty good with the GBA. As long as I have the SDL-H version of VBA. (Yes, I do have experience in assembly. Pretty much all of thumb code and maybe a little of arm...)

QuoteOn that note, I am currently working on one of my own, of which Maxi was one of the three creators. I will not go into further detail until I've fully associated myself with this forum and its innermost workings.

Until that time, I extend my greetings to you all.
Okay.  Three creators?  Cool.  Are y'all still open for more creators? (Just wondering, not that I was going to join or anything.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs
Refer to Yoshi's Lighthouse for any M&L hacking needs...

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)
Maybe it is over-analyzing, but it doesn't mean the information is useless.

The only GS Discord servers with significance are:
Golden Sun Hacking Community
GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Can you believe how small the Golden Sun Community is?

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

dwkjohn

Access granted.  :happy:
oh. Your from GSR. Good. You know rules and stuff. Have fun. Be active. Have fun. Help out. Have fun. Participate. But most importantly. Be redundant. Or have fun. Both are good. :D
\\*^o^*//
Just sayin'.  

,-~~-.___.            Golden Sun
  /   |  '         \   Hacking Community
(     )           0              |
   \_/-, ,------'              /
      ===                     //                   
      /    \-'~;    /~~~(O)
    /    __/~|__/         |   
=(  _____| (_________|
All your internet entertainment.

Perry Holia Kerrith

Okay.  Three creators?  Cool.  Are y'all still open for more creators? (Just wondering, not that I was going to join or anything.)
[/quote]

What I meant by that was that we three were the first members. Our plight has grown to include about seven active people.

And yes, we are always looking for new help and opinions.

Griever

Welcome!!!!!
Hope you have fun here >_<

Atrius (He/Him)

Seal of Sages, right, how is that going these days?  Sorry it's been so long since I've checked up on it, been busy y'know...

Anyway, good to see you here, here's hoping you have fun.
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Kain

Hey there, welcome to the GSHC.  Hope you enjoy your stay.
You misspelled retard...oh the irony!

Salanewt

Hey, welcome to the Golden Sun Hacking Community! Project? Cool, I look forward to seeing it.

Anyway, as long as you follow the rules, it is likely that you will have fun here.
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

MaxiPower

i invited you here Perry and the others as theres a project (a true GBA style potential GS fan game) here is looking promising as it is working along side conjuction with Atrius and his editor rather than a trying to code a engine per se... i haven't really looked at seal of sages in a while as i feel its not going to get far (near a year maybe) :P

You lot had lots of ideas and more importantly were quite active and i think you should look into this project and/or work on your SeaofSages within the foundations of Atrius editor.. if that makes sense.

I also think its important that you are here with other people that share the same goal really :P

Hoopa

Nice to meet you. Name's Hoopa. Not much to say, save enjoy your stay here at GSHC.
"You seek the truth but are you able to handle it? What you find may not be what you expected... and it may ruin you in the end. Knowing that, will you continue onwards in your journey? Or will you give up and return to a life of apathy? The choice is yours..."

Perry Holia Kerrith

Maxi, yes it has been almost a year. The main reason that we have not progressed so far was the obvious lack of code savvy people.

However, we have gotten quite a lot done since you left, and though I don't expect too much in the means of help from this forum (simply because you lot have your own project to work on), I will not relent until I see S.O.S. finished. Even if that means having to do everything myself, though I do not believe it will come to that.

And thank you for your hospitality everyone.

P.S. Now I find myself in a dilemma. I had expected a "no advertising" rule of some sort, but upon reading the "... Unless it contributes to a current discussion", I became somewhat perplexed. If I wanted to give the address of a site that holds a lot of information about my own project, would that infringe upon these terms?

Mastermind

It's been a while, Perry.

Good to see you again.

Crystal Sonata

In regards to your question, if the site is relevant (Like what you described above) To the thread you posted the link in, yes that would be acceptable.

EDIT: Cases where it is not acceptable would be spamming it, say PMing it to a ton of members, or randomly injecting it into a conversation of no relation (Such as posting a shoe shopping site in Atrius's Editor thread)
Anything I post here is solely my opinion, and is not proven fact, unless I specify otherwise.

If I say anything that offends you, grow a set.

MaxiPower

ask Atrius about that dude, or better still make a thread here with details on what ya got.. summarize how its going etc

I doubt you'd get in any trouble for posting it here. I'm even advertising Yoshi's Lighthouse in my signature.

You could make a topic called Seal Of Sages in the right forum and post a link to everything involving it. (Edit: We've already done this with a few other topics already, so you should be fine.)
Golden Sun Docs: Broken Seal - The Lost Age - Dark Dawn | Mario Sports Docs: Mario Golf & Mario Tennis | Misc. Docs

Sometimes I like to compare apples to oranges. (Figuratively) ... They are both fruits, but which one would you eat more? (If taken literally, I'd probably choose apples.)

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

2+2=5 Don't believe me? Those are rounded decimal numbers. Take that, flat earth theorists! :)

Perry Holia Kerrith

Well, I suppose I'll just post it here for now, as it's raining outside and my internet's going to ****.

We mainly use it as an archives of information now, as most of our discussion occurs in our FB group.

excoboard.com/TheSealofSages

Thanks. I googled it not long ago, and that's the same website I found.

The header image doesn't even show up. (For both Firefox and Internet Explorer) (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/golden-sun.jpg)

Other then that, some of the tables do not look aligned correctly in Firefox 4, nothing to be worried about, though. (It seems Internet Explorer doesn't have this problem.)

-I don't have Firefox 5 installed yet.

GS Speedrunning
/r/Golden Sun
GS United Nations
Temple of Kraden

Perry Holia Kerrith

Yeah, one day the header just stopped appearing. It's kind of irritating.

And I'm sorry, a lot of the posts are just Shadow and myself ranting about nothing. And the information is VERY scattered, so you really have to go through a lote of crap to get up to date.

Atrius (He/Him)

Quote from: Perry Holia Kerrith on 27, June, 2011, 10:52:54 PM
Yeah, one day the header just stopped appearing. It's kind of irritating.

That's what happens when you hotlink it (Steal the URL from someone else's site, thus stealing their bandwidth every time someone views it on your site)
[sprite=220,4,0]I'm shaking my head in general disapproval of everything[/sprite]

Spook

Fix'd it.

Jeez Perry.
SHAZAM