News:

The forum has been updated to SMF (2.1.3)!
Please be patient as we work to polish up the place and update features as we can.

Main Menu

Golden Sun DS: Thoughts, Hopes And Ideas

Started by Charon, 01, May, 2009, 04:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charon

This topic is for all of those who would love to wonder what a Golden Sun 3 would probably be like. Post all your ideas and thoughts here, including recent interviews with Camelot (even though they've been ever so quiet lately).

weckar

Okay, here goes (WISHES!!!):

-Eoleo as a playable character or a major plot character (Think Babi Major).
-A Female Venus Adept
-More info and a potential visit to Anemos
-A visit to the ruins of Vale
-Isaac non-playable
-Either a Chi-user or a lycanthrope(!) in the party
- (OKay, I'm going to get flamed for this but here goes) 5th element, Saturn, Aether
- A trip down gaia falls
- Since alchemy was probably still recently freed: Weyard growing as the game progresses
- Meeting Babi's ghost in the halted construction of Babi Lighthouse
- An explanation of how an Adept's element is determined
- the return of Alex in somekind of demon form, while still retaining his planning ability
- A silver moon (luna) to contrast the golden sun (sol), perhaps as the embodiment of the unlocked power of the lycanthropes
- A re-uniting of the continents (pangea style, more like it was on the oold map)
- maybe quite minor, but an origin story for the psynergy-bestowing items. Seriously, who made them and why?
- A conspiracy that throws all we know about why alchemy was sealed out of the window
- and, ofcourse, a decent plot xD

That's about all I think? Maybe there's more...

Charon

- Hamma Playable (kind of conflicts with Eoleo though)
- If not a playable, Eoleo very important character
...and pretty much everything you said.

New elements may be interesting, but only, and I mean ONLY if executed absolutely perfectly....

twocows

Whatever Camelot does is fine with me, as long as it works. They should keep the same graphical style, though, and definitely get some more of Sakuraba's brilliant work.

MaxiPower

Okay, here goes (WISHES!!!):

- Party journey to The Silver Moon to find an alternate universe thats suffering deeply because of the lighting of Mars / Mercury / Jupiter and Venus, there they must set out and light the four alternate lighthouses of that world

Saturn - Fire
Neptune - Water
Pluto - Wind
Uranus - Earth

- New Psyngery is learned because of the aura these new beacons give out
- We learn of what has happen to Sheba's birthplace (Anemos) Her Twin brother joins the party

- 7 more Adepts becomes available making the squad 16

- During many points in the game The player is transported back through time and space Via the Wise one to see key major events unfold

1. To see why the Lighthouses were sealed
2. To see what has become of Saturos / Menardi / Agatio / Karst / Alex... I hope there not truly dead
3. To see Lemuria in its prime
4. To visit and learn what happened to the Venus clan that once lived near babi lighthouse
5. Learn why alchemy was sealed / the war between the 2 worlds

- With Alchemy released the Lemurian ship along with The wings of Anemos is strong enough to reach this new world i have called Okairo. they just need faith

I have others nut i have to go  

Rolina

Maxy... this ain't final fantasy, there are no dark crystals.

Now then, I think that this thread pretty much sums up alot of what I'd like to see: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage....&topic=48256650

Pretty decent discussion there.  As for me...

--Female Venus Mage-type Adept would be nice
--Female Jupiter Fighter as the lead would be nice too
--Need more weapon variety
--Stats need alteration and tweaking so that psynergy doesn't suck late game.
--Each playable character should have a UNIQUE BASE CLASS.  None of this Felix and Sheba crap.
--We need more status ailments.  The ones we've got are too easy to get around, and there's not that many of them, either.
--The O8 should NOT be playable.  They've had their run.
--The game should be set in the future, after Weyard has gotten time to recover to it's former self.  This would take HUNDREDS of years, something y'all are forgetting.  Alchemy won't suddenly be uber, it'd being re-introduced as Weyard recovers as a whole.

weckar

Quote from: Role on 07, May, 2009, 08:50:00 AM--The game should be set in the future, after Weyard has gotten time to recover to it's former self.  This would take HUNDREDS of years, something y'all are forgetting.  Alchemy won't suddenly be uber, it'd being re-introduced as Weyard recovers as a whole.
I assumed that the creation of the Golden Sun would be equal to and as instant as a nuclear bomb, globally. More a matter of days or weeks than years.

Rolina

Hell, no!  Nothing that drastic!  The erosion and distortion of the world caused by the seal wasn't instant, so then why should the the healing process be as such?  Nay, this is a gradual process.  Now that Weyard is no longer bleeding out, and is now slowly healing, it will gradually recover itself to its former glory.

But to expect this to happen in a couple of weeks?  That's a wee bit unrealistic, even for fantasy.

Matrim

There are some pretty good ideas for a new game. I personally hope that there is more cut scenes for things more out of the way. I always liked it when the characters all cam out. i knew something intresting, entertaining, an/or usefull was about to be said. Like the one about Piers's age. lol

Rolina

I personally won't mind a few FMVs, or even more of the nice art scenes like at the end of GS2.  Voiceovers, though... I dunno, Region One (USA) has a really bad habit of putting in epic fail voice acting... only if they keep the Region Two voice acting would I want voice acting at all.  Of course, Dual Audio would be VERY nice as well...

Sangheili2552

satoros & co playable
sol (or aether) is saturn by the way.

Rolina

*facepalms*
*facepalms*
*facepalms AGAIN*

There is NO FIFTH ELEMENT.  Sol is SYMBOLIC, representing alchemy itself, whereas Luna represents the seal on it.  IF there is a Saturn, it refers to the non-elemental type psynergies.  How many times over the last six years has this been said I wonder?

Also, how do you play as a dead person?  And WHY an all-fire team?  Won't that kinda screw you over in the end?

weckar

Saturn doesn't have to be non-elemental, it could be named for lycanthrophic powers...

(I think a move is in order)

Rolina

So far, that's JUPITER.

You want to argue?  Fine, when GSDS comes out, and I'm proven right, I get to make fun of you as much as I desire.  If you're proven right, the opposite will hold true.  Deal?

MaxiPower

Quote from: Role on 07, May, 2009, 08:50:00 AMMaxy... this ain't final fantasy, there are no dark crystals. :P

I never mentioned dark crystasl rather it takes place on a different world... same elements tho

Drick9

It's part of my natural behavior to wish for anything Darkness-Related. From what i've seen that classifies under Venus

Salanewt

Well, I think there should be an antagonist who is either a Venus or a Jupiter adept.

It would also be neat to be able to explore the entire world map, instead of dividing it into more than one game (which would be okay (that way, a sequel is guaranteed).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Rolina

Quote from: MaxiPower on 05, June, 2009, 03:26:00 PM
Quote from: Role on 07, May, 2009, 08:50:00 AMMaxy... this ain't final fantasy, there are no dark crystals. :P

I never mentioned dark crystasl rather it takes place on a different world... same elements tho
Looks like someone failed to get the reference.  Basically, it's been done, only with Crystals instead of Lighthouses.

Anywho, so far, Darkness seems to be Venus and Mercury related (Haures, Charon, Shade djinni), and Light seems to be Venus and Mars related (Sol Blade w/ Venus unleash, Shine, Iris...)

If I had my way, though, the Light/Dark themed things won't be elemental at all.  They'd be non-elemental... that's how I'm approaching my GSDG...  The djinni with light/dark themed names are gonna be renamed, and the summons with light/dark overtones will be 'non-elemental' summons.  Now, I'm not saying that's what I want to happen in GSDS, though...

What I WOULD like to see?  More Non-Elemental psynergy, non-elemental unleashes, and some non-elemental summons.

I'd also like to see more equipment balancing, more equipment TYPES (I WANT SPEARS AND SCYTHES, DANGIT!), and psynergy that DOESN'T SUCK late game.

As for the villains... I want a balanced team, in similar makeup as the team of the main heros...

Two Fighter types, Two Mage types.
An adept of each element represented.
They have their own unleashes for their weapons
They can USE DJINN AND SUMMONS AGAINST YOU...
And for kicks, one's a healer, one's an attack mage, one's a tank, and one's an physical attacker

Basically, I wanna fight a team of adepts, just like I control.  Just just something I can spam mercury at, but something I've gotta use strategy to beat!  THAT'D be fun!

This post has been edited by Role on Jun 29 2009, 07:19 PM

Salanewt

Oh yeah, I agree with you. In my hack, I am going to try to add some of these weapons (mainly Bows and Spears). However, I am thinking of adding Scythes to this. Anyway, about that alternate elemental lighthouse idea that you had Maxi... I think that was done in Final Fantasy 4, right? You had the four crystals on land, and the same crystals with the same elements in the underworld and... It has been done, as Role put it.

I think each (or most) of the useable characters from the first two games should appear as cameos, and possibly as main NPC characters (like Alex). If not main characters, then they should at least give you items sometimes, (maybe Piers gives you his boat), as long as they do not take the spotlight from the main characters of Golden Sun DS (in my opinion, during the cutscene at the end of Golden Sun 1, Felix takes the spotlight from Isaac (before he jumps to save Sheba)).

Have a nice day.
:MercurySet:  
Oh yeah baby, £ me harder.

Fusion is just a cheap tactic to make weak Adepts stronger.

Yoshi's Lighthouse is a hacking website in progress. Why not check it out if you like Yoshi or the Mario & Luigi games?

Dracobolt

Distant future setting. Please no direct sequel.
Building off that, a steampunk vibe. Or noir. I'd freaking love GS: Noir
Drastically altered geography so that exploration isn't just a rehash
No sealing/unsealing lighthouse beacons for the main plot; it's been done, so let's try a different type of storyline
Female Venus Adept
Heck, how 'bout a female main character?
Actual character development instead of the stock character types we had in the first two games
No new elements

'Course, some of those are controversial, but I kinda feel like it'd be nice to step away from the familiar pseudo-medieval feel that the first two games had.